PDA

View Full Version : Can we win without Rooney?

chance
10-05-2006, 00:07
With things not looking to good for Rooney, could we still win the world cup without him?

alan45
10-05-2006, 01:14
England is not going to win anyway so the absence of the ultra chav and thug will not make any difference:moonie:

Meh
10-05-2006, 01:21
England is not going to win anyway so the absence of the ultra chav and thug will not make any difference:moonie:

Sour grapes eh? Don't worry, There's always the 2010 world cup for ROI and NI, and failing that they maybe could try their hands at tiddlywinks? :moonie:

alan45
10-05-2006, 01:37
Sour grapes eh? Don't worry, There's always the 2010 world cup for ROI and NI, and failing that they maybe could try their hands at tiddlywinks? :moonie::p Sorry but Im a rugby fan. Who won the triple crown????? :)

Oh yes and who were beaten by the part time NI team at Windsor Park not so long ago. It was some team not even valued collectively as much as David Beckham. :D

Meh
10-05-2006, 01:48
:p Sorry but Im a rugby fan. Who won the triple crown????? :)

Oh yes and who were beaten by the part time NI team at Windsor Park not so long ago. It was some team not even valued collectively as much as David Beckham. :D

Even Ali had his off day (not that I'm comparing the England team to him - Beckham couldn't even carry Ali's spit bucket).

If a team is relying on one man to win the World Cup, then that team doesn't deserve to win. Football is a team game, and with Sven's squad I wouldn't hold my breath. We'll put up a good fight as always but come home beaten.

When will the FA learn to end the season early when there is a world cup? Muppets.

alan45
10-05-2006, 01:52
Even Ali had his off day (not that I'm comparing the England team to him - Beckham couldn't even carry Ali's spit bucket).

If a team is relying on one man to win the World Cup, then that team doesn't deserve to win. Football is a team game, and with Sven's squad I wouldn't hold my breath. We'll put up a good fight as always but come home beaten.

When will the FA learn to end the season early when there is a world cup? Muppets.

They should have got Martin O'Neill as manager then they would have been in with a chance. IMHO Engerlands :) biggest problem is that they rely on big names and dont do the team thing too well. Whereas NI?ROI have no real stars so they tend to play the team game better. But then as I said I prefer Rugby so WTF would I know

Meh
10-05-2006, 02:01
They should have got Martin O'Neill as manager then they would have been in with a chance. IMHO Engerlands :) biggest problem is that they rely on big names and dont do the team thing too well. Whereas NI?ROI have no real stars so they tend to play the team game better. But then as I said I prefer Rugby so WTF would I know

O'Neill is definately better than Stevie boy. They missed out on Scolari - easily the best man for the job. He'd have no hesitation in giving Beckham the two finger salute.

crazygirl
10-05-2006, 13:06
well there were doubts about us winning on sky sports the other day because of that 17 year old kid

.:SpIcYsPy:.
10-05-2006, 17:34
Hopefully now the 17 year old is there.. hopefully I said.. :p

Layne
10-05-2006, 17:57
I reckon we could still win the world cup without rooney! He ain't that good :rolleyes: Okay i admit it i ain't a big fan of his, but i personally don't think that he will win us the cup. We can still do it without him, hey we have Gerrard don't we :D !

Abi
10-05-2006, 18:32
Even with Rooney in the team, we wouldn't win. Without him, we dont stand a chance. He's a great striker, and has really proved himself, but the whole team shouldn't rely on him to win it for them.

Katy
10-05-2006, 22:24
I dont think they will, especially with a squad selection like that. Where on earths shaun Wright Phillips, Darren Bent, Jermaine Defoe. I mean Bents scored more goals than Rooney this season surely he would be first choice.

With Rooney Without Rooney, England aint got a chance, in my opinion they dont know the meaning od the word team. Too many big names.

ill be glad when world cups over. Far too much hype in this country.

Cornishbabe
11-05-2006, 00:01
WE probably wont win anyway. BUT its the who team that make the difffernce not just one player

pookie1968uk
11-05-2006, 16:23
im pretty sure we wouldnt have won anyway but now when we dont win im sure the fact that rooney didnt play will be put down as the cause.
a team shouldnt be about 1 man and if it is then shame on England for having so little talent!