crazygirl
01-03-2005, 23:19
how horrible was it, it was well out of date

Treacle
02-03-2005, 04:19
It reminds me of Ken and Deirdres in Corrie

Soozee
02-03-2005, 09:10
REminds me of one of the history programs when they're talking about restoring the decoration to the victorian colours and patterns.
I thought the bit with the sofa compensated slightly though. Even so they couldn't have cut it off straight at the bottom and then if they wanted to move the sofa they could have painted a 'muriel' on the bottom bit of the wall. Or faked the brikwork like in the Truemans fireplace.

Behemoth
02-03-2005, 09:19
I agree, it was hideous. They should have just painted it orange or something......I love orange :D

crazygirl
02-03-2005, 10:04
REminds me of one of the history programs when they're talking about restoring the decoration to the victorian colours and patterns.
I thought the bit with the sofa compensated slightly though. Even so they couldn't have cut it off straight at the bottom and then if they wanted to move the sofa they could have painted a 'muriel' on the bottom bit of the wall. Or faked the brikwork like in the Truemans fireplace.
the trumans fireplace yuk! that brick look is nasty

Debs
02-03-2005, 11:17
it was awful wallpaper i thought that when mo showed them when she bought it. i thought there is no way they would put that up!!! and they did!! thought it was funny though when they didnt have enough!! why didnt they just leave one wall and paint it like they do on changing rooms!!

TracytheGreat
02-03-2005, 16:06
I just thought it was hilarious,typically Mo Slater,don't you think so,things never come her way,bless her.I only wished I had a crew to strip off my old wallpaper! :D :D

Cherryz
02-03-2005, 16:43
i know, hasn't anyone in eastenders watched changing rooms? they all seem to have the original wallpaper from when the houses were first built. i mean look at the moons new residence - ooh flowery wallpaper, macho and homely and modern dahlings.

Treacle
02-03-2005, 16:49
I just thought it was hilarious,typically Mo Slater,don't you think so,things never come her way,bless her.I only wished I had a crew to strip off my old wallpaper! :D :D
It's Mo Harris actually ;)

Treacle
02-03-2005, 16:50
i know, hasn't anyone in eastenders watched changing rooms? they all seem to have the original wallpaper from when the houses were first built. i mean look at the moons new residence - ooh flowery wallpaper, macho and homely and modern dahlings.
They have an old woman staying there what are they supposed to do, turn it into a disco bar?

Cherryz
02-03-2005, 17:20
lol, i could understand if her room and some other room was like that, but i fear even if she moved out the same wallpaper will be there... maybe its something to do with the houses spirits...if u try and remove the wallpaper they'll remove you from this earth.

hazey
02-03-2005, 17:21
It reminded me of the local curry house !

TracytheGreat
02-03-2005, 17:49
It's Mo Harris actually ;)
You're absolutely right,my mistake,I blame the wallpaper!!! :rolleyes:

Cherryz
02-03-2005, 17:58
lol they're wall paper is probably like those magic image posters you can get, where if you stare at it long enough or cross ur eyes you see subliminal messaging...hmmm

Crazzykayzz
02-03-2005, 19:38
wotz going on???? with the "slaters wallpaper"

Behemoth
02-03-2005, 19:40
They got some new wallpaper and it's gross.

crazygirl
02-03-2005, 19:42
that flowery wallpaper was pats choice!!!!

eastenders mad
02-03-2005, 19:44
i know it does look mad but mo did buy it somewhere cheap lol

Cherryz
02-03-2005, 19:46
that flowery wallpaper was pats choice!!!!

true. but why doesn't anyone redecorate? lol

crazygirl
02-03-2005, 20:22
well maybe because only men live in the house and men dont even notice wallpaer they dont really care i know nana lives there too but she dosnt notice the time of day :D

crazygirl
02-03-2005, 20:47
well maybe because only men live in the house and men dont even notice wallpaer they dont really care i know nana lives there too but she dosnt notice the time of day :D

soap addict queen
02-03-2005, 21:02
Mo got some cheap knock off wallpaper and roped the whole family in to redecorating..... the paper is gross and then to make things worse they run short and there is big gap behind the sofa

Behemoth
02-03-2005, 22:50
Why was it so cheap? It was pretty grotesque but there are still some shops that sell that sort of paper for full price.

Treacle
03-03-2005, 05:17
The front bit got a makeover and the kitchen when Janine and Barry lived there.

wilwood
03-03-2005, 08:14
i love the wallpaper at the Moons. It reminds me of the good old days of Roy and Pat. When they first got together and he was still the King of Manor Wood he had the whole place decorated for her as a surprise. Was nice to see Pat so happy! She definitely deserves a new love interest. I'd like to see Johnny Allen make an honest woman of her - that's be one in the eye for the now deceased Andy!! ;)

Treacle
03-03-2005, 15:00
Johnny and Pat would never get together though would they?

It looks like she might shack up at Slater mansions.

Soozee
03-03-2005, 18:01
Johnny and Pat would never get together though would they?

It looks like she might shack up at Slater mansions.
They were pretty 'close' when Johnny was around the first time when Pat was in a completely different choice of career.
I reckon Johnny and Pat could get quite close but not necassarily lovers. She's turning in to the mother / older sister type of person to a few of the gangsters in walfaord. She was the only one who didn't get beaten to shreds when she told Andy the truth and she could still hold her own with Den. Don't reckon it'll be long before Johnny is next on the list.

Treacle
03-03-2005, 18:04
I think Pat should turn into a gangster lol.

Cupcake
03-03-2005, 19:24
Lol i thought u meant the wallpaper http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/coolstuff/download/wallpaper/wallpaper_content/1024/slaters.jpg then i realised u meant the living room.

Andy'sLuckyPony
03-03-2005, 22:13
Hmm....I couldn't sit in there for too long, my eyes would go all fuzzy and my head would ache! But, it kinda suits I guess. Reminds me of an old womans house, with lots of rusty brass ornaments, old paintings and china dogs.

And Pat's cool, she was like Andy's mother, therefore, I like her! :D

Treacle
04-03-2005, 00:07
The previous Slater mansions wallpaper was so white and bland.

danielle741
04-03-2005, 15:40
i think EE should just get the houses sorted out! they need jane to go round everyones houses! she done a good job at Ian's lol even andy's house aint all that... you wouldn't think that belonged to phil! and the moon's house - johnny allen looks bad on those gangsters!

Debs
04-03-2005, 22:15
send in colin and justin. they would have them looking fab in no time!!