PDA

View Full Version : phantom of the opera

willow
05-05-2005, 13:09
has anyoone bought the phantom of the opera on dvd? if you have not watched it yet can you try it because there is a batch that has got no sound on the film, the start of the dvd has sound but not the actual film! we had one of these copys. i just thought i would warn everyone!!

black-panther
11-05-2005, 23:25
has anyoone bought the phantom of the opera on dvd? if you have not watched it yet can you try it because there is a batch that has got no sound on the film, the start of the dvd has sound but not the actual film! we had one of these copys. i just thought i would warn everyone!! i watched it on dvd and it was a cool copy

hazey
12-05-2005, 00:28
has anyoone bought the phantom of the opera on dvd? if you have not watched it yet can you try it because there is a batch that has got no sound on the film, the start of the dvd has sound but not the actual film! we had one of these copys. i just thought i would warn everyone!! Thanks for your warning had brought it as a present,and the person I gave it to had to take it back,as there was a problem.She was going on hols so wouldnt have watched it till she returned so thanks alot.

BellaNightshade
22-05-2005, 19:54
Just to clear this up, apparently a batch of the dvd's (maybe all of them) were made with a feature for sound only acessable by going into the settings and changing it from dolby surround to 2 channel or something like that. Mum had 4 copys of this that didnt work before somone finally told her what was wrong with them and apparently in WHSMITHS they were handing out leaflets with every dvd bought explaining how to change this. :searchme:

Weird sound setup to add seing as most people dont have surround sound.

Bella.x.

Katy
22-05-2005, 22:21
thats a bit strange i was going to buy it but have not had chance. Thanks for the warning