PDA

View Full Version : Soapboards Banner Competition

Jessie Wallace
22-04-2006, 01:41
Ok, here’s how this is going to work.

Every 3 days, each contestant will be given a subject, which their given subject they have to design the best (non-animated) banner they can. Each banner will judged by a panel, and given a mark out of 10. A maximum of 5 for design and 5 for look. (Totalling10) After every round, the person with the lowest score, (marked by the judges) will leave the competition.

Each banner must be 525 x 125 pixels. You can use what ever programme you like, your art must be original.

If you want to enter, please make me banner, using the theme - Soapboards and then pm or e-mail.

The competition will start next Saturday 29th April at 7pm.

Tori
22-04-2006, 09:56
can you draw the banner by hand then scan it in? or must it be done all on the computer?

Jessie Wallace
22-04-2006, 13:18
It needs to be done on your computer, using what ever programme you like to use.

big bro fan
22-04-2006, 15:59
Just a few questions

1. What's your E-mail Dawn

2. Can anyone enter

3. Next saturday is when the soapboards themed banner has to be done by plus can it be based on members.

Jessie Wallace
22-04-2006, 16:03
Just a few questions

1. What's your E-mail Dawn

2. Can anyone enter

3. Next saturday is when the soapboards themed banner has to be done by plus can it be based on members.

My e-mail address is in my profile. Yes anyone can enter, and If you want to be in it, yes your entry needs to be with me but Saturday, but prefrably before.

big bro fan
22-04-2006, 16:07
My e-mail address is in my profile. Yes anyone can enter, and If you want to be in it, yes your entry needs to be with me but Saturday, but prefrably before.

Cheers Dawn i'll get to work on it. :cheer:

big bro fan
22-04-2006, 18:04
This is a great idea Dawn :cheer: :thumbsup:

CrazyLea
22-04-2006, 20:45
oh WOW this sounds fun!! so gunna do a banner when im not so druinked up :p haha

Jessie Wallace
26-04-2006, 01:19
Don't forget to get your banner entry's into me, by Saturday, (preferably Friday)
The competition starts soon.

the_watts_rule
26-04-2006, 08:18
Would I be able to enter for the next theme? I'm asking because my PSP trial has ran out but I have bought it online, so it should be here in a couple of days.

Jessie Wallace
26-04-2006, 12:28
Would I be able to enter for the next theme? I'm asking because my PSP trial has ran out but I have bought it online, so it should be here in a couple of days.

You can do me a banner on pain if you like just to enter, and then when it's all starts, you'll beable to do me one with psp.

xStephaniex
28-04-2006, 22:28
dawny i dont get it ha. i know im stupid but it can be any soap ? and one banner yeh ? and we email them to you ? - so just like making a normal banner

Jessie Wallace
28-04-2006, 22:44
Just one banner, to enter, and the theme of that banner needs to have something to do with soapboards. (as in this board - chat forum)

xStephaniex
29-04-2006, 14:43
yay i got mine in to you now :D - so what happens tonight at 7pm ? are they judged and then posted up ? or not ? :confused: :p

Dutchgirl
29-04-2006, 15:36
yay i got mine in to you now :D - so what happens tonight at 7pm ? are they judged and then posted up ? or not ? :confused: :p
Steff like your kisses brilliant in it's simplicity:bow: .

Jessie Wallace
29-04-2006, 20:15
Well the time has now come to beginning this little banner fest.

I'm going to give you all a different topic/theme each, you will then have 3 days (til Tuesday) to make a banner with that topic/theme.

Once you are happy with your banner, please post it in this thread, where, it will then be judged, and scores will be given.
On Wednessday, you will recieve your score and find out if you have made it throught to the next round

CrazyLea
29-04-2006, 20:27
Cool.
Can I say something... would it maybe be better, if we PMd them to you or something, rather than upload them here ourselves, cause (im not saying it will happen) but say someone sees a banner done by someone they like and then one by someone they might not like so much, they might be more inclined to rate their banner higher... if you get me? ..

big bro fan
29-04-2006, 20:31
When do we find out who is in it and what the themes are

Jessie Wallace
29-04-2006, 20:32
1.Abi - Flowers
2.crazylea - Puzzles
3.x:.steff.:x - Computers
4.big bro fan - Shoes
5.Dutchgirl - T.V Drama Lost
6.*Fanatic*Loves Dennis* - Radio 1
7.Vixie-Lou - T.V Drama Waterloo Road
8.Lisamaxwellfan - Dogs

Remeber to be as original and imagaitive as you can, as you will be judged by Creativity (text, images), Overall Appearance (font, colour, background etc)

(The judges, you know who you are! Please have your scores and comments pm'ed to me by this Wednesday 8pm.)

Jessie Wallace
29-04-2006, 20:42
Cool.
Can I say something... would it maybe be better, if we PMd them to you or something, rather than upload them here ourselves, cause (im not saying it will happen) but say someone sees a banner done by someone they like and then one by someone they might not like so much, they might be more inclined to rate their banner higher... if you get me? ..

Yes i agree pming would be good, but that then makes my life harder, as not all of you have pm yet. But i think for this first round i'll leave it as it is, and see how it goes, if it all goes belly up, then i'll have to reconcider pm/e-mailing them to me.

big bro fan
29-04-2006, 20:48
:searchme: How am i supposed to do a banner on shoes. All i have are my trainers could i be cheeky and ask for something else (Like Dr Who).

big bro fan
29-04-2006, 20:49
:searchme: How am i supposed to do a banner on shoes. All i have are my trainers could i be cheeky and ask for something else (Like Dr Who).

What i mean is i know nothing about shoes. :searchme:

Jessie Wallace
29-04-2006, 20:56
Trainers are shoes and you don't need to know anything about them. There are internet searches to give you pictures, just be creative. And i'm sure you'll do great.

shannisrules
29-04-2006, 20:57
How am i supposed to do a banner on shoes. All i have are my trainers could i be cheeky and ask for something else (Like Dr Who).

get pictures from the internet or somthing and you can also research lol theres not that much you need to know about shoes nayway a banner only has a few words on it if that!

big bro fan
29-04-2006, 20:59
I'll give it a go. :cheer: Next week can i have Dr Who

CrazyLea
29-04-2006, 21:39
Yes i agree pming would be good, but that then makes my life harder, as not all of you have pm yet. But i think for this first round i'll leave it as it is, and see how it goes, if it all goes belly up, then i'll have to reconcider pm/e-mailing them to me.

Yeah I see what you mean. Plus I didn't realise that we all have different topics anyway, so it's all good now :)

Must get started on my banner :D By the way... do we post ON tuesday or can it be before aswell?

Jessie Wallace
29-04-2006, 21:45
You can post it when ever you like but Tuesday 8pm is the latest, it can be here.

And big bro fan, sorry you can't pick your topic/theme.

xStephaniex
29-04-2006, 22:35
compurers!? dawny sserisous love i no im obn herre alot but heyyy lol...but i willl fgoooo for it woooooooooo. yeh lol...erm we postt them in here and only a still one ?

CrazyLea
29-04-2006, 22:59
Ok so I got bored.. so did my banner now, cause i got cw to do Monday so can't do it then :p
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/isitme01/Banners/Puzzles.jpg

Dutchgirl
29-04-2006, 23:05
Ok so I got bored.. so did my banner now, cause i got cw to do Monday so can't do it then :p
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/isitme01/Banners/Puzzles.jpg
Wow, I love it! Competition will be tough!

Jessie Wallace
30-04-2006, 00:08
Just another quick something for you guys please no editing your banner once you've posted them, this is for yours and our benefit's. We may have marked it when you post it, and then if you change it then you may not get the marks you deserve.

xStephaniex
30-04-2006, 00:41
wow lea your banner is fabbbbbbbb !!!! lol makes mine look suckish haha but here it is:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8668/mybestfriendsaparantlyhad1ka.gif

Tori
30-04-2006, 09:33
well this is mine:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/vikiy/dogs.jpg

the_watts_rule
30-04-2006, 12:19
You can do me a banner on pain if you like just to enter, and then when it's all starts, you'll beable to do me one with psp.

I didn't notice that you had posted this and I realise that the competition has started. My PSP hasn't arrived yet so I wouldn't have been able to a nice enough banner. I'l just watch the competition. :)

Abi
30-04-2006, 14:25
Heres by effort on flowers:

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8951/flowers4qj.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Dutchgirl
30-04-2006, 15:18
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/Bhani17/Image4.jpgHere's my entry: about Lost the t.v. series.

big bro fan
30-04-2006, 16:39
Slight problem i cant post banners. Would someone do it for me.

Dutchgirl
30-04-2006, 16:45

You can send it to me I will post it! I'll remove this adress in 30 minutes! Removed the emailadress!!

Abi
30-04-2006, 17:10

Make your banner, and save it. Then go to a host like "Imageshack" (google it for the address) and upload it. Then copy the first code into this thread, and it should come up. Just like what you do with your banners in your signitures.

Xx-Vicky-xX
01-05-2006, 09:10
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/2016/wlrcnd5gj.jpg

di marco
01-05-2006, 10:12
wow all the bannas are great! :D

the_watts_rule
01-05-2006, 10:22
All the banners that have been posted are brilliant! :)

~*~Leanne~*~
02-05-2006, 16:34
wow all the banners are brill i like the computer one

Jessie Wallace
02-05-2006, 21:22
Just to remind big bro fan and *Fanatic*Loves Dennis* i've still not recieved your banners, tthey really need to be in today, but tomorrow at the latest.

Layne
02-05-2006, 22:25
Oh Buggar I completly forgot about this and have't checked the thread :rolleyes: I will do my banner tonight/tomorrow for you if that is okay god am soo sorry!

Jessie Wallace
02-05-2006, 22:52
That's fine, as soon as you can hun. Thanks

Dutchgirl
03-05-2006, 15:39
I'm curious who is through and who is not.

Jessie Wallace
03-05-2006, 15:47
You won't find out till, i get home tonight, as 2 compeitors haven't posted there banners yet, plus i'venot recieved, score's and comments from the judges yet.

Dutchgirl
03-05-2006, 16:01
Ah well I'll wait have enough time this week, schoolhollidays!

Siobhan
03-05-2006, 16:03
Ah well I'll wait have enough time this week, schoolhollidays!

I love your one... mind you I love Lost so hey

Dutchgirl
03-05-2006, 16:05
I love your one... mind you I love Lost so hey
haha, I never watch it! There is to much to watch on the box, so I stopped watching.

Layne
03-05-2006, 18:12
Here is mine sorry about the lateness and i hope its okay!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/laynelou/sbbannerradio1.jpg

:cheer: Finally! :p x

CrazyLea
03-05-2006, 19:13
Oh wow love it!! All are good ^_^

feelingyellow
04-05-2006, 18:28
Hey Dawn, could I enter now for the next competition (btw when does that start :p)

xStephaniex
04-05-2006, 19:45
i thought marks were yesterday !? haha im so confused ! - but hey ! i always am :p im going outside now to play whooooooo im such a kid :p

Jessie Wallace
04-05-2006, 21:26
The result of round one banner competiton are :-

Judge 1

Craylea 9

XsteffX 9

Abi 8

vivie lou 7

dutchgirl 7

fanatic loves dennis 7

Lisa maxwell fan 6

Judge 2

Fanatic Loves Dennis - 7/10 Love the colours, style and use of frames

Vixie-Lou 7 Love the blending/shading, writing style

Dutchgirl 6 - a bit bright (I couldn't see the pics very well) for my liking but great blending and very artistic

Abi - 7 - Slightly too pink for my liking, but love the flowering writing, excellent artistically, looks great

Lisamaxwellfan - 5 - Love the dog in the bee outfit lol

Steff - 6 - Nice and bright, pics easy to see

Crazylea - 6 - Love the bright colours of the jigsaw pieces, very artistic

Judge 3

crazylea - Nice use of colour, like the way you've done the word puzzle as a jigsaw and with the games in the background, it looks great. Nice use of blending with the background puzzle. 8

Steff - Nice use of colour, good wording and comment (a girls best friend) Slighty too much rainbow colouring for me tho. 7

lisamaxwellfan - Like the boarders round each picture - nice boldness om the word WOOF! It's lacking something but i'm not sure what. 7

Abi - Very nice wording with flowers encluded. Good use of shading and fading. Subtile border adds a nice touch. 9

Dutchgirl - Very good use of fade, good blending, and nice use of sunburst. Not so keen on the font, but over all very good. 8

vixie-lou - I like the colour on the words, but with the font it's not easy to see. Nice useage of the one picture, with spliting them for the resize images. 8

fanatic love dennis - I like the way you have the two main d.j's enlarged. Not so keen on the font or colours you've use for the font. I like the black and white tho. 8

Judge 4

crazylea - tresting use of black and white background, which colour front pieces. 5

Steff - Great use of additional brushes on your banner, very vibrant and fun! 7
Lisamaxwellfan - Plain and unimagnitive – try harder next time. 3

Abi - Great look and great techniques, not too keen on the choice of font tough. 9

Dutchgirl - Not very creative, light is a bit too bright. Good attempt. 5

Vixie Lou - Good use of light and dark, good use of text looks like school graffiti. Try and be a bit more creative next time. 6

Layne - Good use of the pink to highlight the greyscale. Great use of overlapping and layout. A slightly bit plain. 8

Jessie Wallace
04-05-2006, 21:31
As bro brother fan did not submit a banner, he is therefore the first person to leave.

So now we have left in the competition

Abi, crazeylea, steff, dutchgirl, fanatic love dennis, vixie-lou and lisamaxwellfan.

Jessie Wallace
04-05-2006, 21:36
Round 2

Music

This is a topic for everyone, when you've finnshed your banner, pm or e-mail it to me, and i will post them when i've recieved everyone's

You have until Saturday 8pm to have done your banners (sorry for only 2 days)

big bro fan
05-05-2006, 17:16
What :eek: how come your gonna post the banners i had one made but i had no way of getting it in the thread not my fault i dont have an image host. sorry if i sound nasty just curious your doing fab work guys keep it up and dawn your doing fab too. :D :cheer: :thumbsup:

Jojo
05-05-2006, 17:48
What :eek: how come your gonna post the banners i had one made but i had no way of getting it in the thread not my fault i dont have an image host. sorry if i sound nasty just curious your doing fab work guys keep it up and dawn your doing fab too. :D :cheer: :thumbsup:BBF - you upload banners to the thread in the same way as you get them into your signature - go to imageshack.us, browse for your file on your pc, click upload and then copy the code which has [ img ] in it into your post, and hey presto..... :)

Jessie Wallace
05-05-2006, 22:14
They are sending them to me this time, as they are all doing the same themed banner, so it wouldn't be fair for them to post them, themself's as people would see them and maybe copy of get idea's etc.

And as Emz just said you could have used imageshack, you don't need to set up an account with that, just use it and then use ther link they give you, and that's it. Or you could have e-mailed it to me of someone, who would have done it for you.

You'll just have to join in next times, if i do it again.

Jessie Wallace
06-05-2006, 21:30
fanatic loves dennis

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/fda4b04b.jpg

vicky-Lou

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/d7ba2f40.jpg

crazylea

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/d2542a99.jpg

steff

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/0e000989.gif

Jessie Wallace
06-05-2006, 21:31
dutchgirl

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/05c9224f.jpg

Abi

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/efc02d86.gif

lisamaxwellfan

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/111059cc.jpg

Jessie Wallace
06-05-2006, 21:32
Could all judges please pm me their scores and comments. Thanks

feelingyellow
06-05-2006, 21:34
Wow! Those are all fab! Well done everybody! :cheer: Quite a few of you choose Madonna lol! :p Omg, Steff's has Kelly on it! :eek: :cheer:

samantha nixon
06-05-2006, 21:38
wow they are all really good and yeah quite a few have done madonna

shannisrules
06-05-2006, 22:16
wow they are all really good nice brushes and effects i take it your a big fan of kelly emmie

feelingyellow
06-05-2006, 22:28
wow they are all really good nice brushes and effects i take it your a big fan of kelly emmie

Nah I hate Kelly, you've just got to see this thread to see how much I hate her... http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=19156&page=85&pp=10 :p

Abi
06-05-2006, 23:40
So happy no one else thought of using the iPod silohettes from the advert!! That was the one original idea i had for this.

And notice how i *tried* to cut back on the pink this time :p But its such a fab colour, it had to get in there somewhere!!! :rotfl:

Jessie Wallace
07-05-2006, 09:16
Judge 1

fanatic loves dennis - 6

vixie-Lou - 6

crazylea - 8

steff - 7

dutchgirl - 6

abi - 9

lisamaxwellfan - 8

Judge 2

fanatic loves dennis - Great choice, colours, blending etc. 8

Vixie-lou - Love the colours. 8

Crazylea - Brilliant choice of subject - great colours. 9

Steff - Great colours, writing slightly hard to read, but great otherwise. 8

Dutchgirl - Love the colours, theme, blending. 9

Abi - Great use of colours, music sheets. 9

Lisamaxwellfan - 6

Judge 3

fanatic loves dennis - Not up to your usual standards, very little creative or technical skills put into that banner. 3

vixie-lou - Good cutting of images and the notes in the background, however made choice of font style/colour and a plain background. 5

crazylea - Impressive effort. visually and technically impressive, particularly like the use of sketch hearts and light and dark tones. 9

steff - Good attempt, however the image is slightly blurry, the square image in the middle stands out like a sore thumb and the text is slightly too big. 7

Dutchgirl - Impressive techniques, transact etc, however lacking much variety in colour, needs something to add a bit of spice to it. 7

abi - I seriously see no faults with this visually or technically! The best banner I have seen in the completion so far! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! 10

lisamaxwellfan - Again technically and visually this banner is not up to much, it is plain and unoriginal, and the cutting needs serious improvement! 2

Jessie Wallace
07-05-2006, 09:18
Judge 4

abi - Nice banner well done, I like the use of colour, and the notes faded in the background. Don’t like the border, doesn’t really go with the banner, really good effort tho, well done. 8
lisamaxwellfan - Don’t know quite what happened here, I can what you were trying to do, but it just didn’t seem to go right for you. 3

dutchgirl - I like this, but I don’t like it (if that’s possible) Not really sure about this. 6

steff - Love this Steff, your getting really good with your banners now. I think the only part I don’t like is the pink music notes in the middle. 8

crazylea - Love this banner really nice with the guitars. Good use of colour, well done. 8

vixie-lou - Nice shadowing with the music notes. Good use of pictures. 6

fanatic loves dennis - Not so keen on your banner this time, good try, but not up to your usual standard. I like the blue in the back ground. 7

Judge 5

Vixie-Lou - Striking, felt a lot of thought went into making this, love the shadowing of the notes behind. 9

Lisamaxwellfan - Great colours and the idea of having both king and queen of pop, shows imagination. 8

Abi - I like the use of the shadows to get the effect.7

Steff - Quite a good banner but for me it lacked colour.6

Dutchgirl - A good effort, but felt that it looked unfinished. 5

Crazylea - This banner I feel just needed something extra to finish it off, liked the use of the guitars though. 5

fanatic loves dennis - Sorry but this banner didn't do any thing for me, too much text and not enough imagination. 4

Jessie Wallace
07-05-2006, 09:26
By my calculations, that makes Lisamaxwellfan, the second person to leave the competition.

Left in the competition now are - Abi, Fanatic loves dennis, crazylea, steff, vixie-lou and dutchgirl.

New theme's and topics will be annouced later.

Dutchgirl
07-05-2006, 10:57
Wow, funny that a number of people had the same idea about Madonna's Music album. And thanks judges for the comments, I did not have a lot of time. Will take better care next time.

feelingyellow
07-05-2006, 11:14
Ooo well done everyone! :cheer: Aww sorry Vikki, suppose it's only a competion though :)

Hey Daaaaaaaaaawn, do we get to find out who the judges are at the end :p Just wondering :D

di marco
07-05-2006, 11:28
well done everyone, the banners were great! :D

Hey Daaaaaaaaaawn, do we get to find out who the judges are at the end :p Just wondering :D

yeh i was wondering that as well

shannisrules
07-05-2006, 11:30
all those banners were great i dont know what some of them were thinking of i have a rough idea of who the judges are but it would be interesting to see who they actually are good work everyone :)

di marco
07-05-2006, 11:42
all those banners were great i dont know what some of them were thinking of i have a rough idea of who the judges are but it would be interesting to see who they actually are good work everyone :)

yeh i think i might know who judge 3 might be, cos i think it sounds like how they usually write

Tori
07-05-2006, 11:59
fair enough, my software is pretty rubbish... i have to use paint for the basic stuff and then go onto serif, and its only meant for photo editing, so i don't mind!

Jessie Wallace
07-05-2006, 13:09
You did really well Viki, but someone has to got each round, it was really close this time.

And no the judges wil never be reavealed, that way the can comment on what ever they like and not worry about upsetting people. And the judges numbers change each week as well!!

di marco
07-05-2006, 14:27
And no the judges wil never be reavealed, that way the can comment on what ever they like and not worry about upsetting people. And the judges numbers change each week as well!!

oh ok then. but maybe if the judges didnt know who had made which banner then they couldnt be accused of upsetting anyone anyway? just a suggestion

Jessie Wallace
07-05-2006, 14:32
That is already happening .

Xx-Vicky-xX
07-05-2006, 14:41
Dawn can you email me the details of the next one when youve posted it up please as my internet is still messing around and i doubt ill stay connected long enough to see it

di marco
07-05-2006, 14:42

oh right ok, i obviously got confused cos of their names above the banners

Jessie Wallace
07-05-2006, 14:43
Ok the next banner needs to be in the style of summer time.
Don't forget to be as creative and imaginative as you can.
You have until Wednessday 8pm to do your banners. When done, please pm or e-mail them to me.
Good luck.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
07-05-2006, 17:41
You all are doing so well, well done :clap:

feelingyellow
07-05-2006, 18:08

Ah right... do you mean this or the past two weeks aswell because I noticed with Lanye's banner the judges kept saying not up to her usual standard...

Jessie Wallace
10-05-2006, 21:21
Contestant 1

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/220819e9.gif

Contestant 2

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/d5772d05.jpg

Contestant 3

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/cac13923.gif

Jessie Wallace
10-05-2006, 21:23
Contestant 4

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/191b0de0.jpg

Contestant 5

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/5cc8ee28.jpg

Contestant 6

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/5b3553ea.jpg

Jessie Wallace
10-05-2006, 21:25
Could judges please pm there scores and comments, thanks.

shannisrules
10-05-2006, 21:51
wow they're all great especially contestant 4's banner infact they're all as good as each ohthers!

Pixie
11-05-2006, 02:10
wow! all those banners are really good, well done! i was thinking earlier what banner i would do if i was in the competition and had the right software and what i came up with was nowhere as good as your ones

x Amby x
11-05-2006, 07:41
I like contestant 2's banner, its really good! Also i like Number 3 as well!

feelingyellow
11-05-2006, 15:54
Wow! All those fab banners are fab! Well done everyone! :thumbsup:
I can guess who's each of those are though lol, Dawn are we allowed to guess or would that ruin the competition :p

Jessie Wallace
11-05-2006, 15:55
What ever floats your boat, you'll be told later anyway. When i do the scores and comments.

feelingyellow
11-05-2006, 16:10
Ooo yay :D
OK contestant 1 - Steff, 2 - Lea, 3 - Abi, 4 - Lanye, 5 - Dutchgirl, 6 - Vicky :p
If I get these right, when the money comes back on these boards can you send me 10,000 Dawn :p :D

Kim
11-05-2006, 16:40
I think 1= Lea 2=Dutchgirl 3=Abi 4=Steff 5=Vicky and 6=Layne

Kim
11-05-2006, 16:42
Ooo yay :D
OK contestant 1 - Steff, 2 - Lea, 3 - Abi, 4 - Lanye, 5 - Dutchgirl, 6 - Vicky :p
If I get these right, when the money comes back on these boards can you send me 10,000 Dawn :p :D

Who says the money is coming back? :p

shannisrules
11-05-2006, 16:53
Who says the money is coming back?

nb did :D we are getting a newer one appaerently or something

Jessie Wallace
11-05-2006, 19:09
Judge 1

1. Like the thought that’s went into it but I think a bit more colour could have been used.4

2. Love the sea in the background and the pictures of everything that makes summertime what it is. 7

3. Great use of the sun setting. 6

4. Now this one does it for me the little girl is a great contribution to this banner and the old people just finish it off perfectly. 9

5. Love the use of colours and the way you've done the effects. 8

6. That song has always summed up summertime for me personally would liked to have seen a bit more than the words though. 8

Judge 2

1. Love the hatching effect - great summery pics. 8

2. Brill. 8

3. How romantic! 8

4. Made me smile. 9

5. Great idea with the sunflowers, but not sure if the text colour has worked. 7

6. Hmmm, not overly keen - but great effort. 6

Judge 3

1. I’ve grown tired of this kind of style in the past week, its no longer original. the font style doesn’t seem to go with the banner, but a good attempt all the same. 5

2. Nice how you’ve incorporated images as holiday snaps, very imaginative, the background is a bit too bright for my liking, but great effort! 7

3. I love this banner. I like the use of the silhouetted figures, everything seems to match each other on the banner, visually perfect...creatively a great effort but does rely on Grease a bit too much. 8

4. This banner is great! Full of fun, and uses a lot of creative/visual techniques. Superb effort! 9

5. Where is the creativity or originality in this? Awful! 1

6. Doesn’t capture theme of summer...anyone can copy and paste song lyrics...the backgrounds don’t match up smoothly and the image has little relevance to summer time. I don’t like this at all! 1

Jessie Wallace
11-05-2006, 19:11
Judge 4

1. Really like this banner, love the weave, especially the way, you’ve got the beach/summer style pictures throughout. 8

2. Love this one, really makes me want to go on holiday. Love the pictures, and the back ground is great too. 9

3. Love the background to this one. Makes you want to go for a nice romantic walk along the beach. 8

4. Great banner, really well done. Great pictures, totally encapsulates summer. 9

5. Great effort, like the colours. Nice try. 7

6. Love that song, not the best banner I’ve seen, but good try, I can see what you were trying to do. 5

Judge 5

!. Nice banner ,but didn't make me think of summer. 6

2. The colour and design was great brings summer flooding back. 7

3. Warm summer night and love in the air ah..nice use of silhouettes. 8

4. Well thought out lots of different colours and pictures. 7

5. Vibrant colour instantly thought of sun and bees. 7

6. Nice banner but to much writing for my liking. 5

Jessie Wallace
11-05-2006, 19:20
Contestant 1 - Steff

Contestant 2 - Crazylea

Contestant 3 -Abi

Contestant 4 - fanatic loves dennis

Contestant 5 - Dutchgirl

Contestant 6 - Vixie-lou

The person leave this round will be Vixie-lou. You've done really well, keep up with your banners.

Now we have left in the competition.

Abi, Steff, fanatic loves dennis, Crazylea and Dutchgirl.

You new topic will be given tomorrow. Well done for getting this far.

shannisrules
11-05-2006, 19:47
who agve them one! you should have got higher than that at least you put the effort in! awww bad luck vixie-lou well done everyone

Dutchgirl
11-05-2006, 19:52
who agve them one! you should have got higher than that at least you put the effort in! awww bad luck vixie-lou well done everyone
Well judge 3 there went a lot of work in my banner, I'm not sure if you recognise the effort that goes into it? But hey everyone is intitled to their opinion!

feelingyellow
11-05-2006, 20:13
Well done everyone! And aww sorry Vicky, I liked your's though! I love banners with lyrics hehe :D
And hey I got them all right *is proud* :p

Dutchgirl
11-05-2006, 20:17
Well done everyone! And aww sorry Vicky, I liked your's though! I love banners with lyrics hehe :D
You are so good, do you have psychic powers?

feelingyellow
11-05-2006, 20:25
You are so good, do you have psychic powers?

*bows* Nope lol, I just recognise everyone's banner techniques as I check out their banner threads! :D Or maybe I am psychic :p

Dutchgirl
11-05-2006, 20:44
*bows* Nope lol, I just recognise everyone's banner techniques as I check out their banner threads! :D Or maybe I am psychic :p
Well fair enough but I do admire your investigative skills:bow:

Xx-Vicky-xX
11-05-2006, 20:47

Im glad i went this week they were all so brill

Abi
11-05-2006, 21:18
Thanks for all the nice comments judges!! And well done to everyone else, the banners are all fab!! I think the competition just stepped up a gear... :hmm:

Bring on the next theme!

feelingyellow
11-05-2006, 21:40
Bring on the next theme!

*cough* Peas *cough*

Just a suggestion! :lol: :p

Dutchgirl
11-05-2006, 21:59
*cough* Peas *cough*

Just a suggestion! :lol: :p
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/Bhani17/peascopy.jpg

Jessie Wallace
12-05-2006, 07:16
Well time for you to start again guy's, it's round 4.

This time, the theme is going to be on one of my favourite drama's BBC1's Hustle. Good luck to you all.
They need to be with me by 8pm on Monday.

(And remember be creative)

CrazyLea
12-05-2006, 14:07
I've never watched Hustle before. But will give it a good try haha :p

Layne
12-05-2006, 18:57

This time, the theme is going to be on one of my favourite drama's BBC1's Hustle. Good luck to you all.

oh Wey hey i love hustle .... I made a banner on them a while back *goes to dig out and get ideas from :p* x

Dutchgirl
12-05-2006, 19:19

Ah I allready did one about Hustle, a moving one so Let me think about a non moving one. I love Hustle.:wub:

Abi
12-05-2006, 21:07
I've never seen it in my life! :lol: I saw that spin off programme "The real hustle", so this could be interesting...

Google, here i come! :lol:

Pixie
13-05-2006, 03:16
can't wait to see these banners as i love hustle!

feelingyellow
13-05-2006, 10:02
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/Bhani17/peascopy.jpg

Lmao fab! :lol: :D
But Dawn's got with Hustle... meh, but she'll go with peas sometime I know she will :D So you've had practise hehe :D
Can't wait to see the Hustle banners... whatever Hustle is! :rotfl: :p

xStephaniex
13-05-2006, 14:53
this should be fun !! ive never watched hustle in all my life ha

Jessie Wallace
15-05-2006, 22:21
Contestant 1

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/HUSTLE.jpg

Contestant 2

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/hustle3yp.gif

Contestant 3

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/hustleexported3zo.gif

Jessie Wallace
15-05-2006, 22:22
Contestant 4

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/sbbannerhustle.jpg

Contestant 5

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/Imagehustle3copy.jpg

Cornishbabe
15-05-2006, 22:35
They are all great guys I really like contestant 3's banner tho.

CrazyLea
15-05-2006, 23:02
Love them.. especially number 5!!
well done everyone :D

feelingyellow
15-05-2006, 23:06
Ooo they're all fab! :D Well done everyone! :thumbsup:

1 - Lea
2 - Steff
3 - Abbey
4 - Lanye
5. Dutchgirl

Not to sure if I'm right this week tbh lol...

Bree
15-05-2006, 23:08
awww wow they are all fab i really like number one and two :D x

Jojo
16-05-2006, 00:33
These are all great guys!!! I wouldn't have a clue where to start!! Well done everyone

Katy
16-05-2006, 11:30
Well done everyone, ive just looked through the whole thread at all the banners. The banners are ace!!!.

Pixie
16-05-2006, 12:18
all 5 banners are really good, well done!

x Amby x
16-05-2006, 17:28
wow they're all great i love number 2 and 3- they're really good!

shannisrules
16-05-2006, 17:31
i like 2 3 and 5 the best but they are all raelly good see what results you get this week lol

samantha nixon
16-05-2006, 18:39
there all really good but 2 is my favourite

Dutchgirl
16-05-2006, 19:11
Uhm, when is the verdict in? I cannot wait to see if I'm in our out!:o

xStephaniex
16-05-2006, 19:32
great banners peeps !!! :cheer: this comp is getting hard !!! well done guys

sexc-shannie
16-05-2006, 19:48
How can you make banners? I no I don't no much about this site lol.

xStephaniex
16-05-2006, 19:53
hey shannie welcome to boards...dont know if this is the place to tell you lol but ill go for it anyway. most of us use paint shop pro and you put the settings to 525 by 125 and add the pictures you want and use the rubber to make the picture blend with the others if that makes sense ?. then you can add effects n colour! - hope that helps

sexc-shannie
16-05-2006, 19:58
Thanks so much for that lol. I'll download it then lol

Layne
16-05-2006, 20:32
Uhm, when is the verdict in? I cannot wait to see if I'm in our out!:o

Yeh same :p Fab banners Guys! The competition is hotting up!

Jessie Wallace
17-05-2006, 00:06
Judge 1

1. Feel it is slightly to light on one side, which for me makes it unbalanced. 7

2. A lot going on in this banner, but for me that holds your interest. 8

3. Bold and straight to the point, really like this one. 9

4. Would have liked to have seen, colour, to bring out the good pictures. 7

5. Its a shame as a lot of work has gone into this banner, but for me it doesn’t stand out from the crowd. 6

Judge 2

1. Like the pictures and the way the banner is presented. 6

2. Not too sure about this one - the little coloured dots seem to take away the focus of the banner. 4

3. Love this one - great touch with the money in the background. 8

4. Really like this one too although the writing could be a bit clearer. 7

5. Although I do like the idea of the money being used in the banner I think this was a bit over kill. 5

Judge 3

1. Mottling hurts my eyes a bit, but great effort. 6

2. Slightly busy for my liking and writing not equally spaced. 5

3. Very good but not massively creative. 7

4. I like this one, but again, not hugely creative. 7

5. Very creative, good ideas - colours slightly bland, but otherwise, most original out of all of them. 8

Judge 4

1. Slightly normal looking, nothing eye catching. 7

2. Nice effort with the faded background. Not keen on your choice of lettering, but good try, well done. 7

3. I like that you’ve incorporated the names at the top, and the catch phrase. 7

4. Like this and the fact that you haven’t used the normal pictures, you’ve actually taken time to get something a bit different, and used the catch phrase - The Con Is On. 8

5. Not really sure what I think of this one. You’ve got the money sign’s and the catch phrase. You took a risk with the colour, and for me it didn’t work. But really nice effort, 6

Judge 5

1. Nice technique but I cant help feeling its missing that extra something. A bit of text wouldn't have gone a miss. 7

2. Great use of the transparency effect, however I don’t feel that the writing suits the show. 6

3. Superb! I love everything about this! The faded currency signs, the use of the show's catchphrase and the keywords. It is a great piece of banner making! 10

4. Slick and sexy! I like the use of a blue/purple tone, adds an air of sophistication to the banner. However it is missing that special something. 8

5. A brilliant banner! I love the blue tone, the currency signs and the money pictures, however I think you could have merged the hustle and money pictures a bit better. 9

Jessie Wallace
17-05-2006, 00:12
Contestant 1 - Crazylea

Contestant 2 - Steff

Contestant 3 -Abi

Contestant 4 - fanatic loves dennis

Contestant 5 - Dutchgirl

The person leave this round will be steff. Congratulations on getting this far.

Now we have left in the competition -

Abi, fanatic loves dennis, Crazylea and Dutchgirl.

You new topic will be Disney. Well done for getting this far.

Please have your completed banners to me by, Friday 8pm.

Pixie
17-05-2006, 01:22
Thanks so much for that lol. I'll download it then lol

don't know if you already know this but if you want a banner of your own then you need 500 posts

Pixie
17-05-2006, 01:30
bad luck Steff - you've made some really good banners

Can't wait to see the disney banners

xStephaniex
17-05-2006, 08:58
phew :p just when i needed out too .... thanks for great comp beeen weeeel fun !!! keep up great work guys :D :cheer:
this comp has helped me lot with banner making too...i experimented more and ill use it in the future with my banners. :cheer: thanks dawn :cheer:

feelingyellow
17-05-2006, 17:25
Aww Steff, you did great banners hunni :thumbsup:
I guessed all of them right again woo! :p
Ooo Disney banners, these should be good! :thumbsup:

samantha nixon
17-05-2006, 17:45
aww i like your one steff cant wait to see the disney ones though as i love disney

Dutchgirl
17-05-2006, 22:05
Aww Steff, you did great banners hunni :thumbsup:
I guessed all of them right again woo! :p
Ooo Disney banners, these should be good! :thumbsup:
You are great! Well done as well!:thumbsup:

Dutchgirl
20-05-2006, 12:37
I know I have no patience but I'm going mad with impatience. I want to see what the others did!

CrazyLea
20-05-2006, 12:40
I rushed mine cause I thought it had to be done by yesterday.. it's well crap :p can't wait to see everyone elses though.

Dutchgirl
20-05-2006, 12:43
I rushed mine cause I thought it had to be done by yesterday.. it's well crap :p can't wait to see everyone elses though.
I think yours will be great, they always are!

CrazyLea
20-05-2006, 17:27
Nah you'll see what I mean once you see it.. It was fine.. then I ruined it :D :P

Dutchgirl
20-05-2006, 18:16
Nah you'll see what I mean once you see it.. It was fine.. then I ruined it :D :P
I'm looking forward to all the banners!!!:hmm:

Jessie Wallace
20-05-2006, 22:28
Contestant 1

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/b7d9654e.jpg

Contestant 2

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/c78a98ae.gif

Contestant 3

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/f293ac96.jpg

Contestant 4

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/5b571b1e.jpg

samantha nixon
20-05-2006, 22:36
aww there all really good i like 3 and 4

Pixie
21-05-2006, 00:11
wow they are all really good! hard choice for judges this week!

Jojo
21-05-2006, 00:22
These are all great again!! Well done! :D

di marco
21-05-2006, 08:41
wow theyre all really good! :D

21-05-2006, 11:07
Awww I really like No.4!! They are all pretty good though :eek:

feelingyellow
21-05-2006, 11:27
They're all fab! :D Getting better every week! :thumbsup:

1 - Lanye
2 - Abbey/Abi/Abs/Abster/Abby/Abey/Aby/Abbi/Abbie/Poo :rolleyes:
3 - Dutchgirl
4 - Lea

x Amby x
21-05-2006, 11:38
I really like 1 and 4! but they're all good!

shannisrules
21-05-2006, 13:04
wooo they're really good i hope you all get good marks

Dutchgirl
21-05-2006, 21:04
Just wondering when the jury come back with the verdict!:o

Jessie Wallace
21-05-2006, 21:06
When the judges get back to me, still waiting to hear from them all. Only got one so far.

Dutchgirl
21-05-2006, 21:07
When the judges get back to me, still waiting to hear from them all. Only got one so far.
I'm waiting with anticipation. :bow:

Jessie Wallace
23-05-2006, 13:05
Judge 1

1. Appealing banner, really captures the essence of Disney, nice use of brushes. 8

2. Nice banner, like the positioning of images. 7

3. A bit too much going on in this banner, hard on the eyes. 5

4. Nice use of contrast with Tinkerbelle and the black and white background. 7

Judge 2

1. Brilliant, love the colours, the style, the layout etc. 8

2. Excellent stuff, again great colours, Love the caption. 8

3. Great stuff again. 7

4. This is my fave - love the fact its in black and white with Tinkerbell in colour - original and creative - fantastic! 9

Judge 3

1. Lots of pictures, and well thought out, it was a shame that the pictures were a little bit light for me. 6

2. Loved the boldness of colour, and instantly thought, Disney and also theme parks well done 9

3. Lots of different films and nice colour blending, 7

4. Nice banner, I could see what you were trying to do. but for me the colouring didn’t bring out the pictures they seem to merge into each other 6

Judge 4

1. Like the colour of this one, the blending is done well. Nice effort. 8

2. Nice pictures, good try, with the Disney slogans. 6

3. Like this, good effort with the blending. And the fading. Good try, well done. 7

4. Love this banner, especially the way everything is black and white then you’ve got Tinker bell in colour, really well done. 9

Jessie Wallace
23-05-2006, 13:08
Contestant 1 - fanatic loves dennis

Contestant 2 - Abi

Contestant 3 - Dutchgirl

Contestant 4 - crazylea

The person leave this round will be Dutchgirl. Congratulations on getting this far.

Now we have left in the competition -

Abi, fanatic loves dennis and Crazylea.

You new topic will be Big Brother. Well done for getting this far.

Please have your completed banners to me by, Friday 8pm.

Pixie
23-05-2006, 13:27
Bad luck Dutchgirl. Your banners have been really good. Congratulations to the rest of you

Dutchgirl
23-05-2006, 16:30
:crying:Aah that's a shame, but anyhow I wish the others good luck. :bow:
I do not know anything about BB, so that would have been difficult.

23-05-2006, 18:06
Looing forward to seeing these ones!!..

feelingyellow
24-05-2006, 16:22
Aww Dutchgirl - your banners were great hunni! :thumbsup:

Got them all right again :cool: :p

Can't wait for the Big Brother ones! :cheer: :D

Dutchgirl
24-05-2006, 16:41
:D
Aww Dutchgirl - your banners were great hunni! :thumbsup:

Got them all right again :cool: :p

Can't wait for the Big Brother ones! :cheer: :D
Thanks, you were dead on right each time, you deserve an award! :D

feelingyellow
24-05-2006, 16:47
Thanks, you were dead on right each time, you deserve an award! :D

Hehe it ok :)

Lol thanks, maybe I do lol :p And it should say 'For being too obsessed with banners' :lol: :p

Dutchgirl
24-05-2006, 22:28
Hehe it ok :)

Lol thanks, maybe I do lol :p And it should say 'For being too obsessed with banners' :lol: :p
Erm, I'm afraid it would say that!:thumbsup:

Jessie Wallace
30-05-2006, 19:28
Contestant 1

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/1aa11dd8.jpg

Contestant 2

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/5fade275.jpg

Contestant 3

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/00d45308.gif

Sorry for delay in posting, we had a contestant on Holiday!!

Layne
30-05-2006, 19:36
Sorry for delay in posting, we had a contestant on Holiday!!

Now which one of you selfish lot was that then?! *whistles* :angel: !

.....sorry! :p

feelingyellow
30-05-2006, 20:32
Wow, the banners just keep better and better! :thumbsup:

1 - Lea
2 - Lanye
3 - Abbiey

Am I right or am I right? :lol: :p

Dutchgirl
30-05-2006, 21:37
I do not know anything about BB but the banners look fab!:clap:

CrazyLea
30-05-2006, 22:42
Wow! I love no2! It's awesome!!

xStephaniex
03-06-2006, 09:22
fabby banners guys !!!! i like them all but 2 is my fave :p

x Amby x
03-06-2006, 09:37
Hiya just got back off holiday and couldn't wait to see all the gorgeous big brother banners! i love Number 2!

Jessie Wallace
03-06-2006, 14:40
Judge 1

1. A very colourful and bright banner, which has got depth to it. This is big brother! 8

2. Nice banner but felt it has been rushed, it for me needed more then just the contestants. 7

3. I liked this as it was so different, well thought out, with the essence of what big brother is about. 8

Judge 2

1. Love the smiling picture of Davina. Nice bold font. Good effort with the fading or the Big Brother sign 7

2. Excellent, like where you’ve tried to use all the contestants. Font is really good too. 9

3. The camera picture scared me!! Nice fonts, good use of brush effects, and fading, something lacking for me in this one. 7

Judge 3

1. Good use of cutting and including the big brother logo but it lacks that special something that warrants staying in this round. 4

2. Great use of the images in rectangles and squares, nice use of brushes and fonts. 9

3. Great use of the keywords, the images used and the squares and lines, a bit plane in the middle. 8

Judge 4

1. Nice and bright and bold. 8

2. Wow!! Love it! Love the colours, the blending, the...all of it. 9

3. Hasn't hit me hard, hasn't really captured the essence of big brother to me, but good blending etc. 7

Judge 5

1. Brilliant - love the eye and using Davina and Dermot. 7

2. Love the use of the housemates and ones who have been put out. 6

3. I love this one best one out the lot in my opinion. 9

Jessie Wallace
03-06-2006, 14:49
Contestant 1 - crazylea

Contestant 2 - fanatic loves dennis

Contestant 3 - Abi

The person leave this round will be crazylea. Congratulations on getting this far.

Now for the final to the Banner Competition we have-

Abi and fanatic loves dennis.

You new topic will be Prison Break. Well done for getting this far.

Please have your completed banners to me by, Monday 8pm.

CrazyLea
03-06-2006, 15:00
least i got this far :D:D
well done abi and layne... knew you'd do it ;-) good luck 222 :)

03-06-2006, 15:03
Well done Lea, sad to se you go but you did well!! I loved yours Layne!! :heart: Good work Abi!!

Layne
03-06-2006, 16:18
I loved yours Layne!! :heart: !!

Thankooo! Well done lea on getting this far & Well done to Abi too!, i honestly did think i would be out ages ago!!

Abi
03-06-2006, 17:59
Well done on doing so well Lea!!

Your telling me, Layne! I thought i'd be gone after "Hustle"! I only normally do Doctor Who banners!! :rotfl:

03-06-2006, 18:20
Thankooo! Well done lea on getting this far & Well done to Abi too!, i honestly did think i would be out ages ago!!
Aww Layne hun!! You can do this one!! :wub: Go on hun :D

feelingyellow
03-06-2006, 18:49
Well done on doing so well Lea!!

Your telling me, Layne! I thought i'd be gone after "Hustle"! I only normally do Doctor Who banners!! :rotfl:

It's you're Abbiey :)

Aww well done Lea, your's was fab! :D

I got them right... again :p :D Haha I rock erm. :p

Woo can't wait for next weeks banners! :D

Btw Dawn, is there going to be another competition after this one has finished :)

Jessie Wallace
03-06-2006, 19:12
Yes, i think so, if enough people want to do it again.

feelingyellow
03-06-2006, 22:01

Ooo yay! I think people probably will as it has been quite fun! I certainly will! :D

Layne
04-06-2006, 12:33

I only usually do Tracy-Ann or Nigel stuff! I have never watched prison break ... :rolleyes:

Abi
04-06-2006, 14:24
I only usually do Tracy-Ann or Nigel stuff! I have never watched prison break ... :rolleyes:

Me either- this'll be interesting!! :rotfl: Its hustle all over again!

Can i just ask, Dawn... is this the only banner we're going to have to do for the final? Or do we have to do others afterwards, and add the scores, to make the winner? I've got exams pretty much everyday for the next 3 weeks, so if we're gonna have to do more, then i'd appriciate knowing the themes soon-ish, so i can find the time to do them.

If this is the only one, then dont worry :)

Jessie Wallace
04-06-2006, 16:47
Nope this is the last one guy's, so you gotta make it good. If everything had gone to plan then it would have been over Today (as i know people have exams etc now), but things didn't quite work out right!!

And please note i love Prison Break so you really gotta make it good or i'll cry!!

Dutchgirl
04-06-2006, 21:35
Count me in, I'm all up for it!

Abi
04-06-2006, 21:39
Nope this is the last one guy's, so you gotta make it good. If everything had gone to plan then it would have been over Today (as i know people have exams etc now), but things didn't quite work out right!!

And please note i love Prison Break so you really gotta make it good or i'll cry!!

Ok, good. Just wanted to make sure that i wouldn't have to try and make a decent banner during the week.

Prision Break is so hard to do a banner on, when you aint got a clue what its about :rotfl: Ah well, i tried!

05-06-2006, 18:23
Question.. Do the judges know who's banner is who when they give marks etc.

Jessie Wallace
05-06-2006, 18:41
Ok, good. Just wanted to make sure that i wouldn't have to try and make a decent banner during the week.

Prision Break is so hard to do a banner on, when you aint got a clue what its about :rotfl: Ah well, i tried!

Aww i'm sorry, but then again i'm not shame on you for not watching the best show around at the moment.

Jessie Wallace
05-06-2006, 18:43
Question.. Do the judges know who's banner is who when they give marks etc.

Nope the judges are not told which banner is which, the only person that knows is me, until the reveal after the marks.

Jessie Wallace
05-06-2006, 20:43
Contestant 1

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/290ca550.gif

Contestant 2

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/c1404bc1.jpg

shannisrules
05-06-2006, 20:46
thats gonna be a hard one to choose they're both really good and im not just saying that! well dont to both of you i know i couldnt make banners like that!

feelingyellow
05-06-2006, 20:48
Contestant 1

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/290ca550.gif

Contestant 2

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/JessieWallace33/Pictures%20for%20Soap%20boards/c1404bc1.jpg

Wow! Both fab banners girlies! :D Well done! :cheer:

1 - Abbiey
2 - Lanye

Chloe O'brien
Fab banners girls you both deserve to win, brilliant banners for a brilliant programme

"Lincoln Burrows is Innocent" :bow:

di marco
wow theyre both really good, and you 2 said they were rubbish! :rolleyes: i think i know whos is who but not gonna say in case i get it wrong lol!

Layne
05-06-2006, 20:52
wow theyre both really good, and you 2 said they were rubbish! :rolleyes: i think i know whos is who but not gonna say in case i get it wrong lol!

well abi was so lying when she said hers was rubbish and pathetic and etc :rolleyes: Hers is fabarooney and i know which one it is 'couz funnily enough i did the other one :p ! Well done abi, may the best girlie win!! (i.e me :angel:......jokes!)

Dutchgirl
05-06-2006, 21:49
Wow those are splendid, they both represent the mood of the series!:bow: :clap:

Jessie Wallace
05-06-2006, 22:02
Just to let you know that it's neck and neck with judging panel so far!

di marco
06-06-2006, 08:14
Just to let you know that it's neck and neck with judging panel so far!

omg lol! really? :eek:

di marco
06-06-2006, 08:15
1 - Abbiey
2 - Lanye

yeh thats what i thought, but didnt wanna look stupid in case i was wrong, but seeing you think it too, i think im probably right lol!

Jojo
06-06-2006, 08:26
Wow - these banners are great Abbey/Layne. No wonder you are both neck and neck! You've both won I think :D

feelingyellow
06-06-2006, 16:16
yeh thats what i thought, but didnt wanna look stupid in case i was wrong, but seeing you think it too, i think im probably right lol!

Lmao, you're denfinately right as it's the same as mine, and I'm always right! :angel: :D :p

Jessie Wallace
08-06-2006, 21:06
Judge 1

1. Love it, love the pic’s love the comments. 9

2. Just as good only reason I’m giving a lower score is because the whole cast isn’t in it. 8

Judge 2

1. I like it, but it doesn’t really grab you tho, there’s something missing. The font is not very easy to read either, but a really great effort, 8

2. Wow, love it. It’s amazing, It’s all about the Boy’s. Love the layout of the pictures and your choice of pictures, really well done. 10

Judge 3

1. Nice image of the cast, and the creation of them being behind bars, nice wording, but the large font isn’t the best choice. 9

2. Nice use of tints, and enclosing the characters in small boxes, the font also matches the banner well, however I'm not overly impressed. 7

Can I add the quality of these two banner makers has been superb throughout the competition and they both deserve to win!

Judge 4

1. Well thought through great colours. 8

2. Love the way in which this is set out. 9

Well done to all that entered completion

Judge 5

1. Brilliant - Love it, only downside is I couldn't quite understand the writing till I figured it out, which a downside for me. Love the hashing in the background though - gives the effect of prison etc. 8

2. I prefer this one - its all about Michael and Lincoln and this is what this banner shows. Love the layout, it makes me really think about the two of them and what they are going
through. 9

Well done to all contestants - brilliant banner work - they were all great and it was a difficult competition to judge.

Jessie Wallace
08-06-2006, 21:13
The Winner of the SoapBoards Banner Competition is

*Fanatic*Loves Dennis*

Congratulations, to Layne, a big well done to Abi, who got so far.

It really was neck and neck on this last one, with the last judge making the deciding vote, and only one vote in it at the end.

Well done to everyone who took part :cheer:

Contestant 1 - Abi

Contestant 2 - fanatic loves dennis

Abi
08-06-2006, 21:15
Well done Layne!!

Your banners have been really good all the way through, you deserve to win 100% :thumbsup:

1 mark between us though- that was close!!

Congrats again x

feelingyellow
08-06-2006, 21:15
Woo well done both of you! :D
Congrats on winning Lanye, you rooooooock! :D
And well done to everyone who competed! :) xx

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: For another banner competion :D

Oh and look I got them right again - haha I rock erm... :p

Dutchgirl
08-06-2006, 21:53
Congrats to Layne:cheer: And Abi for second place well done the both of you , you are true winners!

08-06-2006, 22:24
Woohoo!! Layne you won :D Well done hunny!! :cheer:

+ erm well done to Emmie for guessing them all correctly :lol:

Jojo
08-06-2006, 22:26
Well done Layne and well done Abbey for coming second.

The banners were great. Well done everyone that took part too :D

feelingyellow
08-06-2006, 22:36
+ erm well done to Emmie for guessing them all correctly :lol:

Lmfao why thank you Spicy :wub: :D :p

So... where's my award :p

CrazyLea
08-06-2006, 23:24
Well done both of you particualryl you layne!!! awesome banners though to both:D:D

di marco
09-06-2006, 08:40
congrats layne! :D and well done to abi too, both your banners where excellent! also well done to everyone that entered! :) *feels proud that she guessed the banners right*

Chloe O'brien
09-06-2006, 11:08
Congratulations to Layne for her fabulous banner. Bad luck abby yours was brilliant to. Well done to everyone who took part

the_watts_rule
09-06-2006, 17:39
Well Done Layne! :D You did great! :cheer:

Well Done Abi! You did great aswell :D and well done to everyone that took part :cheer:

Layne
09-06-2006, 17:42
My net has been busted so i have only just managed to get on but i was texted this morning by the lovely vicky telling me i had won!

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I would just like to thank a few people, my god this is just soooo emotional :rotfl:

No really now, urm i just want to say well done to everyone who took part but a special well odne to Abi who i beat haha! :lol: No joking well odne you to be honest i thought you deserved to win :rolleyes: But well i ain't complaining really :p Tough call at the end, and i was surprised i got through ceratin rounds never mind winning

God i have gone on forever, but thanks again and thanks to dawn for organising such a fun competition!

Well done to everyone but specially abi, oops already said that *takes award and returns to seat to get p!ssed!*

Xx-Vicky-xX
09-06-2006, 18:45
My net has been busted so i have only just managed to get on but i was texted this morning by the lovely vicky telling me i had won!

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I would just like to thank a few people, my god this is just soooo emotional :rotfl:

No really now, urm i just want to say well done to everyone who took part but a special well odne to Abi who i beat haha! :lol: No joking well odne you to be honest i thought you deserved to win :rolleyes: But well i ain't complaining really :p Tough call at the end, and i was surprised i got through ceratin rounds never mind winning

God i have gone on forever, but thanks again and thanks to dawn for organising such a fun competition!

Well done to everyone but specially abi, oops already said that *takes award and returns to seat to get p!ssed!*

See everyone im lovely (despite what Kim might tell you) well done hun :cheer: :clap: :cheer:

CrazyLea
09-06-2006, 18:53

*snores*

lmao only joking hun! Nice speech :cheer:

x Amby x
11-06-2006, 17:18
Congratulation Layne! Your banner was brill! Well done Abi as well! yours was great too hun! All of them were great throughout the competition for both of you! x