PDA

View Full Version : Martin to kill Sonia

*Fairydust*
18-04-2006, 16:46
Source Female First:

'EastEnders' bosses plan to kill off Sonia Fowler when the character exits the soap next year.

Show chiefs have decided on the dramatic storyline since both Natalie Cassidy, who plays Sonia, and actor James Alexandrou, who portrays Sonia's estranged on-screen husband Martin Fowler, announced they were quitting the series.

One plot being considered is that the jilted greengrocer will murder his former spouse after struggling to come to terms with her new lesbian relationship.

Martin will eventually snap after discovering Sonia wants to raise their daughter Rebecca - who the student nurse originally put up for adoption - with her girlfriend Naomi Julien and murders her.

A show insider told Britain's Daily Star newspaper: "There's a feeling that neither James or Natalie will want to come back once they have left.

"We are therefore preparing a series of blockbusting alternatives for their departure and the strongest one so far is Sonia's murder.

"Martin has been left humiliated and heartbroken by what has happened to his marriage. A crime of passion is a logical progression."

An alternative storyline is that Sonia will be murdered by someone else and Martin will commit suicide in the wake of her death.

Jada-GDR
18-04-2006, 16:51
sonia said she wanted t come back. well not that she wanted to but that we wouldn't be seeing the last of her when she left. so this doesn't seem likely.

x Amby x
18-04-2006, 16:51
But on the EastEnders official website it says that they are'nt being killed off if the actors want to return at anytime?

Layne
18-04-2006, 16:54
We can only pray can't we :rolleyes:

I don't think that eitehr james or natalie will ocme back, but i don't think that martin will kill sonia, sonia maybe killed but i don't think that martin will do it, but i suppose its a possibility and weirder things have happened!

Florijo
18-04-2006, 16:55
"Martin has been left humiliated and heartbroken by what has happened to his marriage. A crime of passion is a logical progression."

Obviously. :rolleyes:

According to DS, it's not true anyway.

Siobhan
18-04-2006, 16:59
what a load of tosh.. it has been confirmed by the BBc that sonia is definitely coming back and the door is open for Martin

Chris_2k11
18-04-2006, 17:42
I think this could be true :hmm: Click here: http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/entertainment/television/14208.htm?linkfrom=entertainment_television_defaul t&link=link_1&article=deathinalbertsquare

Daisyduck
18-04-2006, 19:23
I heard that they are leaving door open for both to came back, they wont kill them off.

alan45
18-04-2006, 19:44
Go for it Martin kill her and while you are at it do Sharon and the Orange Slapper too

littlemo
18-04-2006, 20:37
Go for it Martin kill her and while you are at it do Sharon and the Orange Slapper too

It's not true, but I think it would be a fantastic storyline!

DaVeyWaVey
18-04-2006, 20:48
I think it will be fantastic if true and i was about to post it and realised someone beat me to it :D
I read it on wanadoo homepage a minute ago and i think this story would be fantastic. A great way for two strong characters who have been in EE for a long time to exit it on a high. I think it will be portrayed really well but a number of possibilities are being considered but so far i think Martin murdering Sonia would be a fantastic story and James and Natalie would perform it very well :)
On the other hand, i can't imagine Martin sinking to the depths of killing his wife. He may be upset about Naomi and Sonia but i can't imagine him murdering Sonia and plus i am sure he would be thinking about Rebecca before carrying out such actions but a lot does change over a year i suppose, so if this is developed and built up really well, it could really work :)

Richie_lecturer
18-04-2006, 21:03
Don't trust anything from Wanadoo. Their soap stuff is a load of ****.

DaVeyWaVey
18-04-2006, 22:15
Don't trust anything from Wanadoo. Their soap stuff is a load of ****.

Thanks. Their soap gossip does seem unbelievable as they have said stuff about Corrie as well that i refuse to believe and it did say that the door is being left open for both characters so now i am beginning to think this is false..... :hmm:

twinkle_eyes83
19-04-2006, 07:27
it could be true as i heard it yersterday on chilt radio

callummc
19-04-2006, 10:27
i hope its true,sounds like a good storyline,if done right,the prisons are full of young men who have been pushed over the edge and could not use their heads and walk away,it coul even help them

Xx-Vicky-xX
19-04-2006, 10:38
I love it to be truebut i doubt it.

When did James say he was leaving?? I hope he comes back i really like him his been around for ages im not sure it will be the same without him :wub: :(

eastenders mad
19-04-2006, 14:11
I thought Natalie was taking a long term break then maybe come back. But James wants to leave permantley shouldn' the story be the other way round. Maybe Martin might run off with Rebecca.

crazygirl
19-04-2006, 14:17
i dont believe it! its a load of rubbish! anyway i thought natalie was just taking a break

i_luv_dennis
19-04-2006, 14:26
yeah but it said that she was only having a breck from the show that she would be coming back in it

Richie_lecturer
19-04-2006, 14:26
it could be true as i heard it yersterday on chilt radio
It was on a few radio stations yesterday but it is NOT true.

di marco
19-04-2006, 14:45
i dont think this is true, didnt natalie say she was only taking a break so how would killing sonia allow her to come back?

chance
19-04-2006, 14:50
I so hope to god its true then she will never return and we will be rid of her and he trumpet forever! muhahahaha!!!

Johnny Allen
19-04-2006, 15:14
Shame if it's not true Martin could kill Sonia, Naomi breaksdown and takes her own life and than Martin goes to prison, of course Naomi isn't going-shame. But I reckon the whole lot is a load of rubbish, they will leave the doors open for them.

DaVeyWaVey
19-04-2006, 15:32
Well on DS, it says that none of this is true :)

Luna
19-04-2006, 15:37
nah dont think it can be true they are theying the doors open for both of them

dddMac1
19-04-2006, 15:58
i hope it's not true cause they should leave the door open for her

hazey
19-04-2006, 18:04
This can not be true,as I read in Inside soap today,that Sonia will leave in the autumn of 2007, for a extended break for a year. But will be back late 2008.

Florijo
19-04-2006, 18:16
Shame if it's not true Martin could kill Sonia, Naomi breaksdown and takes her own life and than Martin goes to prison

:D I wish (argh, hate this 30 character rule)

LostVoodoo
20-04-2006, 18:05
maybe they could gang up together and kill Pauline? i think that would solve most of their marriage troubles in an instant...

Richie_lecturer
20-04-2006, 21:39
Might tempt people to but their own washing machines from now on LV, instead of popping over to the laundrette. :hmm:

tammyy2j
21-04-2006, 12:22
Naomi and Sonia die when Dot runs them over by driving her new vehicle which is a tractor.

Martin has an affair with Rebecca's grandmother Margaret and moves in with her.

Florijo
21-04-2006, 12:24
Naomi and Sonia die when Dot runs them over by driving her new vehicle which is a tractor.

:D :D :cheer: :cheer:

Martin has an affair with Rebecca's grandmother Margaret and moves in with her.

Okay, that's just plain wierd. :eek:

Richie_lecturer
21-04-2006, 13:03
Mmm, I think someone's been to too many EE scriptwriter meetings. :rolleyes: