PDA

View Full Version : Emilys return

kirsty_g
13-04-2006, 14:43
Actress Kate McGregor is to return from maternity leave in a few months' time to pick up where her character, Emily Kirk, left off.
Viewers last saw Emily embroiled in the Debbie Dingle (Charley Webb) baby storyline. On her return, she will come face to face with Andy Sugden (Kelvin Fletcher) and Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley), the baby's father and grandfather, respectively.
A soap insider revealed: "It's going to be tough for Emily. The Dingles don't trust her and the Sugdens are going to be after her blood, too."
Kate's on-screen return to the show is scheduled for late October.

Em
13-04-2006, 15:47
Im glad Emily is coming back I hope she gets back with Paddy!

eastenders mad
14-04-2006, 10:17
i wonder if Sarah will be coming back

Chris_2k11
14-04-2006, 10:22
Late October! That's 6 months away! :eek: Well I wouldn't start getting excited about her return just yet folks! :o

DaVeyWaVey
15-04-2006, 18:24
I am glad she's coming back. I wonder if the Dingles and Sugdens will forgive her though?? and i hope she gets back with Paddy :)

chance
15-04-2006, 18:26
I was never that keen on her,i hope both families give her a hard time for taking baby sarah away.

Bryan
15-04-2006, 18:29
she can stay away - we dont want the shy little idiot back in the dales, she is an immediate switch off with her timid behaviour and her morally correct behaviour! *yawn*

DaVeyWaVey
15-04-2006, 18:30
What will be left for Emily to do when she returns anyway? The baby Sarah story will eventually be over but what other storylines could they give her???

chance
15-04-2006, 18:31
she can stay away - we dont want the shy little idiot back in the dales, she is an immediate switch off with her timid behaviour and her morally correct behaviour! *yawn*

Id hate tp get stuck in a lift with her and little mo

DaVeyWaVey
15-04-2006, 18:32
Id hate tp get stuck in a lift with her and little mo

Yeah lol. Imagine a spin off with Little Mo and Emily Kirk meeting each other?!?! That would be an immediate turn off :D

starla
16-04-2006, 09:46
did she have the baby then? what did she have ?? hope it was a girl

RealityGap
17-04-2006, 13:24
I like Emily - I think that it will be a great storyline when she returns (Im assuming with Sarah)

Would be great to see Paddy backing her up - and being a possible start to a new beggining for them.....

The Bear
21-04-2006, 12:49
:searchme: I don't understand why people are giving out about Emily coming back. And Katie Sugden previously. Both these ladies were written out of the show, for maternity leave, it is not their fault that the scriptwriters did not provide a more believable storyline to allow for the absences, which they did for Chastity.

:nono: Surely not writing the characters back in to the show, would be more offensive (and illegal?) as the actresses would have lost their jobs because they were pregnant? :hmm:

Petal
21-04-2006, 13:06
How will Debbie react to Emily bringing Sarah back?

If you read the article about Cain leaving maybe she begs Emily to come back??

alan45
21-04-2006, 13:23
:searchme: I don't understand why people are giving out about Emily coming back. And Katie Sugden previously. Both these ladies were written out of the show, for maternity leave, it is not their fault that the scriptwriters did not provide a more believable storyline to allow for the absences, which they did for Chastity.

:nono: Surely not writing the characters back in to the show, would be more offensive (and illegal?) as the actresses would have lost their jobs because they were pregnant? :hmm:I agree wholeheartedly with you. The scriptwriters are to blame for the rubbish Emily leaving stories. Its not as if they didnt know Kate was coming back :wall:

i_luv_dennis
21-04-2006, 15:33
Actress Kate McGregor is to return from maternity leave in a few months' time to pick up where her character, Emily Kirk, left off.
Viewers last saw Emily embroiled in the Debbie Dingle (Charley Webb) baby storyline. On her return, she will come face to face with Andy Sugden (Kelvin Fletcher) and Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley), the baby's father and grandfather, respectively.
A soap insider revealed: "It's going to be tough for Emily. The Dingles don't trust her and the Sugdens are going to be after her blood, too."
Kate's on-screen return to the show is scheduled for late October.
i hope that the dingles get the baby back

melmarshall858
22-04-2006, 10:21
I would like to see Sarah back with her family and maybe see Andy and Katie play a part in her life would be ineteresting to see how Katie reacts to Sarah being back.
I think that what the writers did ruined everything that Emily stood for, and it will be difficult now for her character to be accepted back into the village unless they give her a mental illness storyline as this might explain her actions if she was having a break down.

alan45
22-04-2006, 10:34
I think that what the writers did ruined everything that Emily stood for, .

They gave her a completely stupid change of character. They knew she was pregnant, surely they could have come up with a realistic storyline for her

melmarshall858
22-04-2006, 10:43
I know why couldn't she just want to get away after her and Paddy split up and she didnt have a job it would have been more realistic.

Katy
22-04-2006, 12:04
that mean the sarah story will not be cleared up till October *yawn*

melmarshall858
23-04-2006, 15:13
It does really seem to be dragging on doesn't it Sarah will be 1 by the time we see her again wont she?