PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania

chance
03-04-2006, 23:28
Did anyone watch wrestlemania last night?
Comments please,is rey mysterio good enough to be champ?
Why is john cena getting booed?
Is the boogie man too ott?

diamond1
04-04-2006, 13:11
ok im not sure if you agree but john cena getting booed is easy he does not appeal to the old school wrestling fans that wwe actually has,in essence he is not a good wrestler in the sense of what wwe fans expect these days.Not only that he is being pushed as the new steve austin which is clear is not working sadly edge quite clearly is over with the fans but WWE decided to take the belt of him within two weeks back to cena some fans may still resent that.

also the build up to this match was old school wrestler Triple H takes on hip hop new school john cena and so the wrestling fans that went will think why should i cheer some white guy impersonating a rapper when i wanna see a wrestling match not a hip hop street fight.

or the other reason is fans might be getting sick of the lame moves and cheesy promos he gives each time hes out there.Although wrestlemania 22 i grew respect for cena because his game plan was thrown off course by getting booed but he still carried a good match but in truth if i was in attendance at wm22 i would have joined the fun chanting cena sucks.

going onto boogeyman yeah he isover the top but he is so over lol he is great ok no way ever in a million years is he going to be a main eventer (i also said that about john bradsahw layfield lol)but he is great for the mid card.

and rey rey does deserve the belt i was a fan back in his wcw days and current wwe days and although i didnt feel the emotion because it was a rushed ending i think i was drained after seeing shawn micheals return to his orginal dx roots in his match with vince and my highlight the overwheming support of eddie when vicki guerreuo was on the ramp for the hall of fame

this years wrestlemania was loads better than last years in my opinon not as good as wm20 as i went and to wm17 but theres no way you capture how good wrestlemania is on tv it was a 9/10 effort

chance
04-04-2006, 15:54
I can see what you mean about cena,although i am in denial asfancy the pants off him but i do think he is a great wrestler,just that he has the wrong image! I heard that at the moment he sells the most merchandise bought by mums and kids who love him so thats why they are keeping him on top for the moment while he is making them loads on the merchandise.

I dont think Rey deserves to win the title,but then i dont like the guy,i know its not his fault he is told what to do by them backstage but i just think he has abused eddie guerro's (sp) namme.used his death to get to the top.If it was going to be anyone they were goin to 'big' up it should have been chavo as he was his nephew or at least benoit..

I thought it was a pretty rubbish wrestlemania,none of it excited me in the least.One of the worst i have seen so far..

Please vince bring back the rock,pleeeeeeeassse!

Talking of vince,what about his tango tan!! He looks like he will glow in the dark! Poor old shane,having your dads ass rubbed in your face!

diamond1
05-04-2006, 11:23
err i dunno well it wasnt really rey that used eddies name in a bad way i blame stephanie and the wwe writers for most of it rey and eddie where great friends perhaps better than benoit but although i do like rey i can see how people may dislike him as champion i mean hes the heavyweight champion "5 foot 1 and all of 150 pounds" but it is an underdog story and its not like wrestling has many stars left.

the wrestlemania event was ok i wouldnt say rubbish but ive seen two wrestlemanias live so im always going to be cynical watching it on tv the card wanst the best although im sure they would have used bret hart it they could

yeah last time i saw the rock was the whole diva serach thing in 2004 and thats too long ago the rock is so talented and so popular and although the rock returning full time may never happen it would be cool for him to put cena or batista over

and vince makes me feel sick i think they should drug test the guy because NO 60 year old should look like that and if eddie died at 39 because of steroids imagine how long vince has got left!

way things are going NWA:TNA is gonna take over the wrestling world

chance
05-04-2006, 17:53
They have sunk to great depths the last few years to keep viewing figures up.some it is just plain discusting.

I think that is why i dont like Rey mainly he just looks too small to be a champ but i also dont think he has got the ability.

They need the rock and stone cold,also brock lesner,he was good too and he is awesome to see live,the guy is massive!

diamond1
06-04-2006, 11:31
well maybe f they stopped using diva search challenges,playboy pillow fights,wrestlers who have no gimmick or imagination and are useless(e.g chris masters)started using talent like chris jericho,chris benoit,kurt angle,rey mysterio,rob van dam,shelton benjamin and edge with these wrestlers they can re-create an intercontinetal divison almost as good as the x division in TNA brand all the shows together as well and place all the tag teams as one to make it special again.

perhaps if they stopped bringing in wrestlers one year and the next theyre the heavyweight champion and focused on triple H,cena,batista,undertaker all after the belt.

they could stop using storylines such as eddie snatching reys son,chris jericho (the then undisputed champion) picking up lucy the dog's *******,kane allegedly raping a dead woman and the next week triple H dressing up as kane and raping a blow up doll in a casket and lastly the big bossman dragging the big shows dead dad around a graveyard.

and one huge favor for themselfs would be to forget eddie and focus on the futture it may sound harsh but smackdowns top star has been dead for 6 months thats not right or logical.

sadly they wont ever listen to ideas like this ever because they think theyre the best when rumor has it the current writers actually didnt know who the rock or stone cold steve austin where

diamond1
06-04-2006, 15:59
upon reading these comments again i do want to state how well WWE handled eddie's death (i didnt mean to slate them in that way) and the overwhelming support of us fans are amazing. At wrestlemania when vicki eddies wife was up there all on her own and those fans cheered i found it upsetting , even worse at the hall of fame cermomony which can be watched through the official website i did cry at times what can i say the guy signed my autograph at wwf axcess before wrestlemania 17 all you got to do is watch his dvd to realize what a loving family man he was and what a great person he really was