PDA

View Full Version : The Linda Thorson Appreciation Thread

Bryan
02-04-2006, 15:59
http://www.northernstars.ca/actorsstu/Media/thorson_linda_250.jpg

I would like to start a thread for fans of the superb Linda Thorson. Unlike many of Emmerdale, she has a superb acting talent and the moment i heard she was to join the show i regained an intrest. I loved her as Tara King in the Avengers and have loved her work ever since.

As Rosemary she is a superb addition to the show, her scenes with Patsy Kensit show how a great actress can pull off a scene even when put against dead wood like Kensit. Her character is superb and sosphicated, with her scheming and one liners! Long may Linda and Rosemary continue! :cheer:

DaVeyWaVey
02-04-2006, 17:57
http://www.northernstars.ca/actorsstu/Media/thorson_linda_250.jpg

I would like to start a thread for fans of the superb Linda Thorson. Unlike many of Emmerdale, she has a superb acting talent and the moment i heard she was to join the show i regained an intrest. I loved her as Tara King in the Avengers and have loved her work ever since.

As Rosemary she is a superb addition to the show, her scenes with Patsy Kensit show how a great actress can pull off a scene even when put against dead wood like Kensit. Her character is superb and sosphicated, with her scheming and one liners! Long may Linda and Rosemary continue! :cheer:

Rosemary plays such a brilliant soapbitch. Does anyone know if she stays in Emmerdale permanently??

samantha nixon
02-04-2006, 19:12
bb i really cant see how you like linda and not patsy as patsy is a million times better at acting at least sadie is a good character rosmary is just a pain

alan45
02-04-2006, 19:42
Linda Thorson is a brilliant actor and the difference between her and plastic Patsy was evident tonight. Ms Kensit should take some tips from an expert

samantha nixon
02-04-2006, 19:45
alan you just wouldnt know talent if it came up and slapped you in the face

alan45
02-04-2006, 19:53
alan you just wouldnt know talent if it came up and slapped you in the faceObviously you are entitled to your opinion but dont tell me I dont know talent. :angry: Do you remember Linda Thorson in The Avengers. Her career details speak for them selves. Have a look and discover HERE (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0861771/) the difference between great and mediocre :p

samantha nixon
02-04-2006, 19:56
i dont remember her in the avengers no as im not old enough to have and you look at patsy's she has been in more than double the stuff linda has Patsy IMDB profile (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000475/)

Bryan
02-04-2006, 20:02
i dont remember her in the avengers no as im not old enough to have and you look at patsy's she has been in more than double the stuff linda has Patsy IMDB profile (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000475/)

quality not quantity

just becuase you havent watched the avengers doesnt mean that you can say shes a rubbish actress... you can base your opinions on emmerdale yes, but if you havent seen anything else of hers then its a bit unfair.

patsy kensit cannot act!!! her looks ( :rolleyes: ) have got her where she is now...not her acting...she can not act her way out of a paper bag.

The purpose of this thread is to pay tribute to Linda Thorson (a fantastic actress) and not to debate that Patsy Kensit is better. So if you havent nothing better to add than "rosmary is just a pain" i suggest you dont post in this thread.

alan45
02-04-2006, 20:02
i dont remember her in the avengers no as im not old enough to have and you look at patsy's she has been in more than double the stuff linda has Patsy IMDB profile (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000475/)Have you even looked at some of it. Most of it was straight to video nonsense. She has ruined the part of Sadie King which could have been brilliant in the hands of an actor with even a modicum of talent

samantha nixon
02-04-2006, 20:04
Have you even looked at some of it. Most of it was straight to video nonsense. She has ruined the part of Sadie King which could have been brilliant in the hands of an actor with even a modicum of talent

im not even gonna reply to that im gonna listen to bb and bog of this thread but all i can say i aired my views no need to bite my head of alan

alan45
02-04-2006, 20:07
im not even gonna reply to that im gonna listen to bb and bog of this thread but all i can say i aired my views no need to bite my head of alanI wasnt aware that I bit your head off

Richie_lecturer
02-04-2006, 22:06
Even Patsy has admitted Emmerdale 'saved' her career. She's said on record that her career was going down the toilet before Kieron Roberts gave her a call. As Alan (and Sadie) have said, most of her stuff she did was either naff, shown to a small audience, or went straight onto video.

alkalinetrio
03-04-2006, 08:25
he has right to bite your head of about it if u do it first:) and as for the actor i dont usualy watch eastenders but from what ive seen shes much more interesting to watch then patsy

Em
03-04-2006, 10:16
I think Linda is a fantastic addition to the Emmerdale cast, and hope she becomes a permanent character. I think the introduction of the whole family would be a good move on the writers parts, especially with a lot of characters supposedly leaving.

samantha nixon
03-04-2006, 17:44
Even Patsy has admitted Emmerdale 'saved' her career. She's said on record that her career was going down the toilet before Kieron Roberts gave her a call. As Alan (and Sadie) have said, most of her stuff she did was either naff, shown to a small audience, or went straight onto video.

thats what im saying patsy plays sadie well im not saying everything else patsy has done is fantastic am i?

Bryan
03-04-2006, 18:05
I think Linda is a fantastic addition to the Emmerdale cast, and hope she becomes a permanent character. I think the introduction of the whole family would be a good move on the writers parts, especially with a lot of characters supposedly leaving.

I agree this would be great to see another powerful family tackling the Kings.

All rich families work best when they have a rival, be it the Barnes to the Ewings or the Colbys to the Carringtons... they create superb drama!!

I am all up for the Sinclairs full time!!! :cheer:

Chris_2k11
03-04-2006, 18:06
and as for the actor i dont usualy watch eastenders but from what ive seen shes much more interesting to watch then patsyYou mean Emmerdale scott? :p lol

alkalinetrio
03-04-2006, 21:19
oh yeah haha cheers chris emmerdale i ment! see thats what lack of sleep does to ya haha

alan45
04-04-2006, 01:28
thats what im saying patsy plays sadie well im not saying everything else patsy has done is fantastic am i?She was rubbish again last night, she will be rubbish tonight and will be rubbish tomorrow night. The sooner she goes the better. She really is an appalling actor, totally abysmal. Not fit to tie Linda Thorsons shoelaces

Richie_lecturer
04-04-2006, 01:30
Couldn't agree more Alan. Linda acts Patsy Kensit off the screen. Yet Patsy is unfortunately going to be on our screens for another SIX months. :sick:

alkalinetrio
04-04-2006, 01:53
i thought she was leaving sooner

samantha nixon
04-04-2006, 08:27
you 2 are just horrable you lot think you can do better go and join an agency and let me no when your on tv doing better than her, then ill be sure to slag you of

Em
04-04-2006, 09:02
Hey all,

can we just chill? the title of this thread is the Linda Thorson apreciation thread not lets have an excuseto slag each other off.

SO back to Linda, does anyone know if the Sinclairs have been signed up full time? Or are the producers still deciding?

Does ayone know how many immediate family members there are? Totally agree with BB, all the best rich families work best with an equally powerfull rival.

samantha nixon
04-04-2006, 09:08
Hey all,

can we just chill? the title of this thread is the Linda Thorson apreciation thread not lets have an excuseto slag each other off.

SO back to Linda, does anyone know if the Sinclairs have been signed up full time? Or are the producers still deciding?

Does ayone know how many immediate family members there are? Totally agree with BB, all the best rich families work best with an equally powerfull rival.

then why do people slag patsy off in here if its ment to be a "appreciation thread for linda"

alan45
04-04-2006, 12:16
then why do people slag patsy off in here if its ment to be a "appreciation thread for linda"

You were the one who first brought Ms Kensit into the thread. :rolleyes:

samantha nixon
04-04-2006, 12:46
yeah saying she is better than linda as thats what you lot do in other threads about patsy

Bryan
04-04-2006, 14:48
you 2 are just horrable you lot think you can do better go and join an agency and let me no when your on tv doing better than her, then ill be sure to slag you of

this forum is about expression of peoples opinions on soaps and dramas, just because someone doesnt agree with your opinion doestn mean you have to take it personally and be offensive to alan and richie

their opinions are valued on these boards, as are yours, and i do not appreciate you speaking to them in such a manner. Your opinion is Patsy is a good actress, theirs is different... which is fair enough, there are threads to discuss, not argue this, but this thread is about Linda Thorson, NOT Patsy Kensit

If you continue to speak in such a way then i will have no option but to give you an alert, which i dont not want to do.

samantha nixon
04-04-2006, 14:52
this forum is about expression of peoples opinions on soaps and dramas, just because someone doesnt agree with your opinion doestn mean you have to take it personally and be offensive to alan and richie

their opinions are valued on these boards, as are yours, and i do not appreciate you speaking to them in such a manner. Your opinion is Patsy is a good actress, theirs is different... which is fair enough, there are threads to discuss, not argue this, but this thread is about Linda Thorson, NOT Patsy Kensit

If you continue to speak in such a way then i will have no option but to give you an alert, which i dont not want to do.

ok then ill keep my comments to myself but only if they do as in a few threads they have slagged paty of and maybe i was wrong to write the bit you quoted (that aint an apology by the way i just said i could have been wrong)

~*~Leanne~*~
04-04-2006, 15:23
did no one ever teach any of you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all patsy and linda are both good actress's in different ways and on topic i think linda is cool and a great actress but i don't like the character she plays very much as she is nasty

Siobhan
04-04-2006, 16:25
did no one ever teach any of you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all patsy and linda are both good actress's in different ways and on topic i think linda is cool and a great actress but i don't like the character she plays very much as she is nasty

If everyone who didn't have something nice to say on certain topics didn't say anything, there would be far less post. this is about give and take. It is not an attack on anyone here on the boards just someone point of view. Personally I don't like Patsy as a actress, I think she is wooden and Sadie character is ruined by poor acting... Linda is a fantastic actress

DaVeyWaVey
04-04-2006, 17:45
Does anyone know if the Sinclairs have signed on for longer at Emmerdale?? :)

samantha nixon
04-04-2006, 18:01
i think there is still gonna be storylines with them, but i dont no how long

DaVeyWaVey
04-04-2006, 20:05
i think there is still gonna be storylines with them, but i dont no how long

That should be good then. The Sinclairs have been really good and i think they will make a great match for the Kings. I hope they stay in Emmerdale permanently :)

alan45
04-04-2006, 20:26
Emmerdale has had no real Bitch since the departure of Kim Tate. I think Rosemay is a superbitch and Linda plays the part to perfection.

samantha nixon
04-04-2006, 20:29
no one will ever live up to kim as she was the first bitch in emmerdale and is a fab actress

Bryan
04-04-2006, 21:13
no one will ever live up to kim as she was the first bitch in emmerdale and is a fab actress

im concerned with your methods of judging acting talent

how can you be spot on one moment with Claire King?

yet off the mark with Patsy Kensit?

Those two are not in the same league at all!

samantha nixon
04-04-2006, 21:16
im concerned with your methods of judging acting talent

how can you be spot on one moment with Claire King?

yet off the mark with Patsy Kensit?

Those two are not in the same league at all!

bry you moan at me when i write stuf in here then you do it, whatever i do seems to be wrong in your eyes
claire is a fab actress but so is patsy and you wont change my mind you dont agree with it then fine but get over it

Bryan
04-04-2006, 21:20
im not even gonna reply to that im gonna listen to bb and bog of this thread but all i can say i aired my views no need to bite my head of alan

pity you didnt stick to your original viewpoint, instead of ruining a perfectly good thread, dedicated to a woman with imense acting talent. :rolleyes:

samantha nixon
04-04-2006, 21:22
yeah decided i would stay, i quite like it in this thread theres a lot of love going round

Bryan
04-04-2006, 21:28
yeah decided i would stay, i quite like it in this thread theres a lot of love going round

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit... :rolleyes:

your perfectly welcome as long as you dont go off topic, this thread is for LINDA THORSON not PATSY KENSIT

if you can establish that fact and obide by it then i have no objections to you posting in this thread :)

samantha nixon
04-04-2006, 21:31
this is the last ill say so i dont ruin your thread any more
sorry if i took it off topic i was upset when i first done it then i carried on which i shouldnt have done and bry reading your things in here however i feel you always make me life

Meh
04-04-2006, 21:33
Can we keep this thread on topic. Its about Linda Thorson and can we keep it that way.