PDA

View Full Version : Problems With SBBB?

Bryan
21-03-2006, 00:17
It has come to my attention that some members have issues with how i run SBBB, i suggest instead of saying it behind my back, you say them here and i will do my best to justify my actions and explain doutbs you may have.

At the end of the day id like to see you all try and organise, run and mantain a contest as big as this! So dont be so quick to criticise!

Jojo
21-03-2006, 00:42
I haven't a problem with it bry, but like I have said to you myself ... i do think it unfair on members that have been in the contest from the start to have loads of new people coming into it all the time, especially at this late stage in it... some members have been posting day in day out for the past however many weeks it is, and new ones are coming in, able to nominate whoever they want but are exempt from being evicted themselves and if i were in the house, i would feel it unfair.

You, yourself as an organiser, should not be taking part and if our suspicions are correct and you are in there again, which is yet to be proven, then that is extremely unfair, you know what you have planned and it could be seen as being biased.

And not wanting to sound horrible or anything, but you said to say, well, i thought dawn was running this with you so your opening statement of
It has come to my attention that some members have issues with how i run SBBB is extremely unfair you are not running this on your own...you both have fantastic creative sides, put your heads together like you did initally, run this together, bring this to a fantastic conclusion, memorable for all of the right reasons....sorry hun, but you did ask...and there isn't anything I have said here that I haven't tried saying directly to you, but you haven't wanted to listen to me. I wouldn't like to even attempt to run something as huge as this and I admire BOTH you and dawn for the hard work and effort that you have both put into this.

CrazyLea
21-03-2006, 00:45
I agree with everything that ems has said. And also i personally don't think it was fair that you went in the house. As you and Dawn run it, thought that you shouldn't have, but like I say thats my personal opinion.

Debs
21-03-2006, 00:54
i agree with ems and lea

bringing people in at first was great, electrika was a brillaint character. but the rest have just been annoying

its not fair to bring someone else in at this stage the members who have been doing it since day one must be asking themselves why they bothered.

Bry your melissa character made an impact, she was great but i have my suspisions that you are in there again as zach and if im right i really really do think that is wrong. As the person who runs it you should not be in it at all

JustJodi
21-03-2006, 00:58
Not to sound like sour grapes, I was only in SBBB for a week, and when Melissa was brought in right after me,, she was extempt from being evicted, well we all know what happened to melissa's character, then u bring in Zach, he was extempt .. then we have Alexis a new character it is rumoured she will also be exptempt, I also back up what Em says, this is not fair to the ones still in the house who post day in day out and such.
I also was under the impression that Dawn was to help run the SBBB, not just you Bry.. You are not running this single handedly.. you do have help and I suggest with the remainder of the time you all have left in the SBBB contest is to work closely together..You both are super creative, so two heads are better than one, and the work is lighter...

Again Bry u did ask,,,

angelblue
21-03-2006, 01:15
I havent been following sbb that much to be honest but from what i understand that some people are not happy in the way it is being conducted at the moment. I think you and Dawn should work together and not an against eachother like jodi said you are both talented and creative in what you do. I think you need to join forces and make the last few week of sbb memoriable and the success it should be.

Thankyou :)

Chris_2k11
21-03-2006, 01:26
I haven't been keeping up with SBBB much lately but I do agree with mostly what has been said. I think both you and Dawn need to work together equally to make it more fair. :) I also don't think any more new housemates should be brought in from now on, because it's far too unfair on the housemates that have been in there from the beginning. I don't think any of the housemates should really be 'Dermot' or 'Davina' going in there either as this wouldn't happen in real life Big Brother as we all know. That's my opinion on it all anyway. :)

Siobhan
21-03-2006, 11:11
I think it has all be said here bry. I haven't anything against it and personally i am loving it but as was said, bringing new people in now is a bit late. There is only 3 weeks left and there is still a lot of people there. New people can nominate but not be nominated it a bit much on the people who have been there since the start. You and Dawn are doing a bang up job and the twist in nominations at the start was fantastic. Get together again and come up with an end to end all things..

twinkle_eyes83
21-03-2006, 11:40
i agree with what the others have said but dont think it is really fair with the new people arriving in the house when the others have been in there from the start.And with only 3 weeks left for sbbb dawn and bryan you should team up and work together closely and try to sew up loose ends and close sbbb with a bang

chance
21-03-2006, 14:38
Ihavent been keeping up with it all but just one thing? what did happen to this melissa person then and how did everyone find out it was you and also zach? Ido think that you shouldnt be allowed in it as you two are the two who organised it etc.
I also find it strange that one week the two people who had the most votes think it was laurance and lucas were exempt from the vote but it wasnt just them,you also included louise and someone else in it but they hadnt got the most votes it was lucas and laurance so i think perhaps there was some kind of plan there to keep louise and i think dan? in it as long as poss therefore exempting them.

Bryan
21-03-2006, 16:18
i appreciate all the comments being put forward

as regards to new housemates, with this not being a real contest there is little chance of much happening... people will get bored and then there would be the consistant "oh this is boring" comments. I have tried to add excitement to the house where possible with new characters, and twists.

If you remember from big brother 6, Kinga came into the house shortly before eviction... there are always new housemates that come in troughout, and the public and housemates think it is unfair, but thats how Big Brother goes...since when has everything been fair in a reality show based on a dictatorship? By having this sort of resentment with the housemates, it in turn creates drama which is what mine and Dawn's intentions were for the contest.

In regards to me and Dawn not working together, i would like to highlight the fact that me and her very rarely get chance to speak to each other due to college and work comitments, therefore it has gone that i do the nominations of a monday, and dawn does the opening of new day threads, and announces and sets the task, and send questions to evicted housemates. Ideally it would be better for us to communicate, but sometimes this is simply impossible and impractable.

Having read your views on me being "Zach", i shall be one to openly admit at this moment now that i have portrayed this character. The point of me being in there was to shock people when they realised who had played him... but you all obviously figured me out and are debating on whether it is morally correct or not. I have no real idea of the tasks or twists that much, and when i do i try and keep it as fair as possible.

It is clear that my decisons that i have made, and my style of running such a competiton, are not to your satisfaction and as a result i am now standing down from my role as Zach and organiser of the event. Dawn can now do the contest on her own, which is what i am sure you all like.

I hope this does not affect my friendships with anyone involved, but i feel that this is the only decison that i can now make, following the above posts.

Siobhan
21-03-2006, 16:24
sorry bry but that is a bit extreme. Nobody said they were unhappy with the way you were running the competition, just the way there is so many new people so close to the end. Yeah, it does need excitment but not as much as we have had.

On a lighter note, I am glad Zach is going. god you played him to be one big pain in the ass or was that just the bite from beth :rotfl::rotfl:

ps. i didn't know Zach was you until I read this earlier... good job

Trinity
21-03-2006, 16:25
Bryan, I feel that you are taking this to heart a bit much.

From what I read above people very much appreciate the work that you and Dawn have done. All of the comments that I have read above are constructive critisism.

In life you will find many many occasions when people criticise you or your work and you will find that they are not always as nice about it as the posters on this thread.

It is not the answer to just quit.

shannisrules
21-03-2006, 17:10
well ive not been following sbbb at all really but from what people have been saying they are only telling you all this so you know where you can impove on....after all you did ask for people to say what they think needed improving on, so i dont think you quitting the whole thing is the right thing to do you cant just leave dawn to do it all you have to work together.

Abi
21-03-2006, 17:49
I think everyones taking this too much to heart.... so he was Zach? So what! At the end of the day, it was all in the aid of spicing it up, and i'm sure he would have rigged it so he didn't win, wouldn't he?

Bry and Dawn have spent so much time organising all of this, so even if people think you shouldn't have gone in as Zach, you still shouldn't quit. You've put time and effort into it, and BOTH of you deserve the credit for it at the end of it all.

A bit of drama didn't do anyone any harm, and thats all going in there was creating. Think of all the extra twists he managed to add in there, because of being Zach- theirs loads. You really need congratulating for it.

So i can understand you not wanting to be Zach anymore. But quit the whole thing?! Dont you dare!! All you were doing was adding twists, not munipulating anyone, so dont give it all up. Not this far into it.

Well, at the end of the day, its your decision. If you genuinely can't do it, because of college or whatever, then i'd understand why. But because of a few stupid comments? Thats a poor excuse to give it up, and no way should you.

Its just words. You put effort into this, dont let words make you give it up :)

Tori
21-03-2006, 18:06
my only problem is that i don't think you shouldn't have been in the house in the first place, because you were running it, but why give up totally? you learn from your mistakes :) and it'll improve next time, if there is a next time! :)

Bryan
21-03-2006, 18:11
i have decided that my opton to leave the contest is down to you...

as i see it there is unfinished buisness between Nicky and Zach...

if i was to say that Zach would DEFINATLEY not win the contest would you allow him to go back in to tie up the loose ends and make the contest seem to run smoothly

i have admitedly over reacted today, but was sure by me leaving as Zach and Big Brother you'd prefer that

Siobhan
21-03-2006, 18:13

if i was to say that Zach would DEFINATLEY not win the contest would you allow him to go back in to tie up the loose ends and make the contest seem to run smoothly

i have admitedly over reacted today, but was sure by me leaving as Zach and Big Brother you'd prefer that

I am with you on that Bry... you will have my support and I am sure Dawn will be pleased too.

Abi
21-03-2006, 18:36

Yeah, i think he should go back in. If he's not gonna win, then all it will bring is entertainment, and i for one would prefer to read that, than Louise and Kyle sobbing over each other!!

Dont give up being Big Brother though. As i said, you've put too much effort in to leave it here. Just keep up the good work with Dawn :)

Xx-Vicky-xX
21-03-2006, 18:40
I never saw a problem with Bryan being Zach in the first place he made Zach an absolutely fab charcter to read about i loved his bits when Nicky was around especially when she was upset about her husband, he was so sweet to her and i really will miss him if you dont go back in Bryan.

I dont agree with what you guys said about Bryan being in there at all to tell you the truth its not been a problem from my point of view and i think he haddled Zach pretty well i dont know if many people could have made Zach such a brilliant person to read about.

Zach had me hooked to Big Brother from the minuite he walked in there and i think Bryan deserves a big congratulations for doing such a fab job so well done Bryan

CrazyLea
21-03-2006, 18:54
I personally don't agree with you going back as Zach. No matter how 'exciting' it would make it. I just don't think it's fair, and seems a little pointless now that everyone know's anyway :S
But i don't think you should quit over this. You said that you wanted critisim so that you could work on making it better.. thats what people gave you, you shouldnt take it to heart.

Abi
21-03-2006, 20:01
I personally don't agree with you going back as Zach. No matter how 'exciting' it would make it. I just don't think it's fair, and seems a little pointless now that everyone know's anyway :S
But i don't think you should quit over this. You said that you wanted critisim so that you could work on making it better.. thats what people gave you, you shouldnt take it to heart.

Maybe i'm missing your point, but how exactly is it unfair if he goes into it, to tie off his loose ends? I think its more unfair that whoever is playing Nicky would have to go back against the past 3 weeks, and forget they even happened!!! Thats just my personal opinion, anyhow...

CrazyLea
21-03-2006, 20:09
As is what mine is... personal opinion. And if you don't get it then i don't know how to make it more understandable sorry. Makes sense to me.. thats the main thing lol

Debs
21-03-2006, 20:17
i think zach suddenly leaving and leaviung all the loose ends will be a lot more interesting. Nicky can play her distraught card, all the others can help cheer her up.

Chloe O'brien
21-03-2006, 21:29
Firstly I for one would like to congratulate bryan and dawn for their wonderful and imagination and creativity on bringing the idea of a virtual big brother. I do however agree with the majority of members that it was unfair that bryan was allowed to take part. As for adding extra housemates I dont have a problem with that although I think it would have been better to introduce them when Nathan, Gaz and mercedes went at the begining and if they are to be exempt from nominations then so should have leccy. Right I'll get off my soapbox now.

I would like to make a comment and I don't want anyone to take it to heart. We need to remember that this is the first time that anything like this had taken place and lesson can only be made on how to improve it for next time. Whether zach remains in the house to the end or not is up to bryan and dawn to decide. I personally had a whale of a time while i took part and would not hesitate to encourage anyone else to apply for future sbbb

Tori
21-03-2006, 21:31
in the real BB house though, people wouldn;t be allowed back in to tie up lose ends, they would leave emotional trauma behind

chance
21-03-2006, 21:32
Its up to you what you want to do BB but i dont really see the point of going back in when everyone knows who you are now,but i suppose it wont do any harm.Good to hear you arent quitting so near the end.

twinkle_eyes83
22-03-2006, 09:24
i agree with chance and lisa as chance said everyone knows who you are now so there would be no point and as lisa said in the real bb no one would be allowed back in after they have left but at the end of the day its all down to you and if you want to return or not but good luck with what ever you do

Trinity
22-03-2006, 14:25
Now that everyone has had their say, and the situation has been resolved, perhaps this thread has served it's purpose and should be closed?

Bryan
22-03-2006, 15:20
zach has left the competiton, and i have decided to continue in my role as big brother.

as shari said this thread has run its course

closing thread