PDA

View Full Version : Sheree Murphy wants to join EE

megan999
17-03-2006, 18:37
Sheree: Get me in Walford

By NADIA BROOKS
Sun Online

SHEREE Murphy has issued a 'come and get me' plea to EastEnders bosses.

The actress, who played Tricia Dingle in Emmerdale for six years, is a massive fan of the rival soap.

Now she’s urging BBC bigwigs to get her in Albert Square.

Sheree said: "I love soaps and loved working on Emmerdale. And I am a big fan of EastEnders.

"I’ve probably got a good chance of getting into EastEnders what with my London accent."

Speaking at Mr Kipling’s Good Gossip event this week, Sheree continued: "I’d love to be a brassy broad that comes in and stirs things up – they’re always the best characters.

"An extra member of the Slater clan would be fun."

Sheree, 30, will soon be seen in the final episode of this series of ITV’s The Royal as a blushing bride who experiences disaster on her wedding day.

Sheree, who has two children with Liverpool star Harry Kewell, said: "It’s great being able to do bits and pieces here and there. I’m a real homebody and I want to focus on my kids."

She explained: "Because I worked so solidly on Emmerdale for six years I was never at home.

"Harry had to make the tea every night and I was just learning lines constantly – there was never a break."

shannisrules
17-03-2006, 18:40
well she was good in emmerdale i thought id love to see her in eastenders maybe not a permenant character but as a one of slater like belinda but maybe in it a bit more often

x Amby x
17-03-2006, 18:40
that would be good if Sheree came to Albert Square, im a fan of Sheree so it would be good to see her on the Square! :)

Jojo
18-03-2006, 02:15
How strange is it that someone who left soap life to spend more time with her children, now wants to go back into soap acting - ummm, no thanks, sorry

megan999
18-03-2006, 16:28
well she was good in emmerdale i thought id love to see her in eastenders maybe not a permenant character but as a one of slater like belinda but maybe in it a bit more often

IMO Belinda Slater is a crap character. If Sheree Murphy joins EE she'd better get a better role than that! :rotfl:

Florijo
18-03-2006, 17:07
I don't think she should be given a part because of who she is or that she is a fan but I would have no problem with her being in EE. However she should only be in it if she is right for the part and is the best person for the part.

Cornishbabe
18-03-2006, 17:15
It seems wierd when characters switch between soaps. I dont think she should join EE.

*-Rooney-*
27-03-2006, 02:26
i think she would be great in the soap she is such a good actress but if she was left with a similar personality honey would need to look out is walford big enough for two dafties like that

Jessie Wallace
27-03-2006, 03:13
I think she'd be quite good, but as a new original character. But i like her as a person, she good.

*-Rooney-*
27-03-2006, 04:17
yeah me too and i really dont see a problem with actors/actresses jumping from one soap to another like cornish babe said i mean lots of people have done it.

jill halfpenny- rebecca in corrie, kate mitchell in EE
craig mclachlan - henry in neighbours, ? in H&A

theres lots more but i cant think of them at this precise moment

JustJodi
27-03-2006, 08:52
I think this topic belongs in either the rumour mill or the spoilers section..:hmm:

crazygirl
27-03-2006, 10:23
i think it should be in the rumour section! but i hope she does not join eastenders because she is so annoying