PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale wins best soap! (its about time)

xCharliex
16-03-2006, 09:20
Emmerdale wins Best Soap!

http://www.itv.com/uploads/images/1142437239128_0.2620223484061844.jpg

Having narrowly missed out on the top gongs at past award ceremonies, our cast were triumphant as they collected their RTS Programme Award this week.

Hosted by Philip Schofield, the Royal Television Society Programme Awards for 2005 were presented at a swanky London location, and our delights from the Dales were of course on hand to pocket their well-deserved prize.

Pipping nominees Corrie and Eastenders to the prestigious post, Emmerdale was described as, “A superb combination of well-placed drama and comedy.

“The jury said that the winning soap was consistently excellent and had real heart.”

And unsurprisingly, our beloved Soap starlets were chuffed to bits!

Arriving at the do looking fabulous on their diet of bracing northern air, the Dales clan posed with the likes of GMTV’s Lorraine Kelly (who won the coveted Best Presenter Award) as they basked in the glory of their well-deserved win.

“We are all absolutely thrilled that Emmerdale has received this recognition after what has been another fantastic year for the show,’ said an Emmerdale spokesperson.

So it’s a ‘here, here!’ from us as the team make their way back up to the Dales to produce yet more prize-winning material.

Bring on more gongs we say!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

alan45
16-03-2006, 09:26
Excellent news and very well deserved. Well done to all at Emmerdale (yes even Patsy Kensit.)

Babe14
16-03-2006, 10:21
About time too. I agree it is very well balanced with drama and comedy.

Very well deserved and here's hoping Emmerdale will continue to triumph in the no1 position.

Well done to all

Em
16-03-2006, 11:20
Totally agree Emmerdale has done really well, it has the comedy of Corrie and the Drama of Eastenders without going too far like they do!

xCharliex
16-03-2006, 12:04
Excellent news and very well deserved. Well done to all at Emmerdale (yes even Patsy Kensit.)

:eek: :eek: :eek: you dont mean that surely Alan? Even Ms Kensit?!?!? lol

Im thrilled that Emmerdale have won an award for best soap, it was a long time coming! they are finally being recognised for the shows quality

Bryan
16-03-2006, 12:28
despite being an avid fan of eastenders, i am quick to admit that they have not been the best soap in the past few years, neither has the over rated coronation street

emmerdale has been consitant with its well written scripts, and a good mixture of drama and comedy

this is a toroughly well deserved award!

congratulations emmerdale! :cheer:

jonni
16-03-2006, 15:49
Yes congratulations Emmerdale.It was well deserved.Emmerdale is the only soap so far this year to have had a major storyline to me.

shannisrules
16-03-2006, 15:55
well done to emmerdale they deserve it when was the alst time they had an award? anyway congrats to them

Richie_lecturer
16-03-2006, 15:57
Very well deserved. These are PROPER awards, not ones which pander for the tweenie vote or ones which are prone to corruption such as multiple voting, e.g. British Soap Awards etc.

dddMac1
16-03-2006, 16:10
Emmerdale deserved that it's been really good lately

Chris_2k11
16-03-2006, 17:07
Yep, well done Emmerdale. Even I have to admit it's no longer the boring soap it used to be. :)

Richie_lecturer
16-03-2006, 17:08
Since when has Emmerdale been a boring soap? :confused:

Chris_2k11
16-03-2006, 17:11
Since when has Emmerdale been a boring soap? :confused:Oh come on Richie, we all know it never used to be this good :p

Richie_lecturer
16-03-2006, 17:14
No no, I remember watching Emmerdale Farm many years ago, two lunchtimes a week, with Jack Sugden mucking out on the farm. Quality stuff. :cool:

Chris_2k11
16-03-2006, 17:20
No no, I remember watching Emmerdale Farm many years ago, two lunchtimes a week, with Jack Sugden mucking out on the farm. Quality stuff. :cool:Sounds great Richie... :rolleyes: :o

Richie_lecturer
16-03-2006, 17:21
Trust me Chris, it was. :cool:

Siobhan
16-03-2006, 17:22
Trust me Chris, it was. :cool:

I am with richie on this. It was a really farm soap, I got better after the plane crash, before that it was drivel my mum use to watch..

Richie_lecturer
16-03-2006, 17:23
Admittedly it turned a corner after the Plane Crash, that is true.

Siobhan
16-03-2006, 17:25
Admittedly it turned a corner after the Plane Crash, that is true.

and the dropped the "farm" part shorly after that. Kim became UBER bitch and it got rid of a lot of dead wood, including most of the Sugdeons (sp?)

Richie_lecturer
16-03-2006, 17:26
It's Sugdens. :)

Emmerdale dropped the word Farm from its name in October 1989, when the Tates arrived, so it was well before the plane crash. :) After the crash they did move away from the Farm business altogether, though they had been moving away from that for a few years prior to that anyway.

Siobhan
16-03-2006, 17:39
It's Sugdens. :)

Emmerdale dropped the word Farm from its name in October 1989, when the Tates arrived, so it was well before the plane crash. :) After the crash they did move away from the Farm business altogether, though they had been moving away from that for a few years prior to that anyway.

I stand corrected. Richie, hats of you to on emmerdale history :clap::clap:

Richie_lecturer
16-03-2006, 17:41
No problemos, been watching Emmerdale from its humble origins, right upto the present day, so I should know these things. :)

feelingyellow
16-03-2006, 21:33
Congratulations Emmerdale! They've deserved it for quite a bit and now they finally get it! :cheer:

People in one of my classes the other day were saying how rubbish Emmerdale is lol ... proved them wrong! :cheer: :p

chance
16-03-2006, 23:02
Well done to Emmerdale they really deserve this award! Congrats - it's about time.

Tamzi
17-03-2006, 20:35
Emmerdale is the soap which has been so good recently, it really deserved this award. Congrats to Emmerdale!
xxx