PDA

View Full Version : Sam's Trial Episode!

Lennie
15-03-2006, 21:07
Really good episode on E4 tonight

Sam's trial was emotional - felt sorry for the Owen's and also for Sophie and Mel who obviously isnt going to show any emotion like Sophie did crying alone while Mel will just drown it out, will not let any emotions out

The end scenes with Sam and his parents was emotional :(

Sam isnt a bad person - 25 yrs is long and i thought was harsh, i can understand Russ and Nicole feeling like they do as they have slightly different opinions on how to treat Sam.
The judge made Sam out to be a threat to the public and said that this was a planned rape, spiking them and then raping them and should get the maximum sentense

Liked Liz and Carrie scene - being friendly

And i am sure Rob mentioned that there will be two more trials in Scotland on a later date (coz Sam raped two girls down in Scotland)

Also Sam wrote Nicole a letter, but Nicole burned it claiming she no longer has a big brother :( - loved the little chat between Nicole telling Russ about how she got picked on and bullied in primary school and Sam found out and came and punched the guy out

angelblue
15-03-2006, 21:10
Is sam leaving because they cant keep him in prison forever awwwwww what have they done to sam character i really like him the actor is very good i personally think one of the best in hollyoaks at the moment.

Lennie
15-03-2006, 21:12
Louis Tamone aka Sam is a good actor amongst Chris Fountain and Stuart Manning

angelblue
15-03-2006, 21:13
Yes true i also think Nick pickard is very good aka tony hutchison

Lennie
15-03-2006, 21:16
Yes true i also think Nick pickard is very good aka tony hutchison

True - the way he plays Tony is funny

I also like Guy Burnet aka Craig as well :D

Chris_2k11
15-03-2006, 22:03
Most of the male actors are generally quite good. Apart from Rob 'plank of wood' Owen, of course. :thumbsdow

leanne27
15-03-2006, 22:35
i missed it tonight at least i can catch it on the omnibus can't believe he got 25 years! isn't rape usually only 8 years or something like that.

Lennie
15-03-2006, 22:37
The judge did say Life and then 25 years

Lennie
16-03-2006, 01:24
Official Hollyoaks Site

Summons of Sam
16 March 2006

http://www.hollyoaks.com/img/news_pics/1130/large.jpg

Question Time Conned into a confession by Sophie, Sam prepares for the verdict tonight as his rape case reaches the courtroom.

Sinker
To say Sam Owen has been a little naﶥ would be something of an understatement.

When Andy suggested that date raping susceptible girls was merely a shortcut to an inevitable result, he bought the notion hook, line and sinker.

Porridge
Failing to learn from the error of his ways, he was once more tripped up by his ever-trusting nature when Sophie suggested that it would be in their best interests for him to come clean to the local constabulary.

Tonight, he's very much alone in the dock as he faces the judge's verdict and the prospect of a lengthy serving of porridge at her majesty's pleasure.

Usual Suspects
The court is amok with the usual suspects, as the Burtons and Owens exchange glares and pleasantries, and even OB makes an appearance in support of Mel.

Sam's pleaded guilty to the charges, which will no doubt aid his defence, but the judge's verdict might well raise a few eyebrows in the courtroom. Dress up smart and join the gawking masses in the public gallery, for tonight's judgement in HOLLYOAKS.

Red08
16-03-2006, 17:56
i missed it tonight at least i can catch it on the omnibus can't believe he got 25 years! isn't rape usually only 8 years or something like that.

25 years is good in my book, whether he is sorry or not he still spiked and raped 6 girls (maybe more not sure). Not all rape cases are given 8 years, each case differs. If this case was given 8 years then it would be ridiculous. I'm pleased they have used him as an example, he deserves what he gets.

leanne27
16-03-2006, 18:23
im not standing up for him im just saying i thought the average sentence was about 8 years

Siobhan
16-03-2006, 18:27
25 years is good in my book, whether he is sorry or not he still spiked and raped 6 girls (maybe more not sure). Not all rape cases are given 8 years, each case differs. If this case was given 8 years then it would be ridiculous. I'm pleased they have used him as an example, he deserves what he gets.

25 years is a dis-illusion.. Leanne is right, 8 years is usually the max. I have never know of any case who got greater than that no matter how many was raped.

Red08
16-03-2006, 18:30
I don't think we can say 8 years is the norm! Also, have we all heard of every rape case there has ever been??? I very much doubt we have so we can't really comment. These are different circumstances remember, he set out to go rape them girls.

Siobhan
16-03-2006, 18:36
I don't think we can say 8 years is the norm! Also, have we all heard of every rape case there has ever been??? I very much doubt we have so we can't really comment. These are different circumstances remember, he set out to go rape them girls.

you're right, I haven't heard every rape case but i have heard enough to know that 25 years is not a good estimate. Here are some example taken from news reports: A two year sentence for gang rape
A five year sentence for raping a baby
and there are many more. Some of people who not only raped but murder and has not served any sentence. So I am sorry but hollyoaks is very unrealistic in this suitation

Chris_2k11
16-03-2006, 18:43
So I am sorry but hollyoaks is very unrealistic in this situationEven though im a big fan of the show, I have to agree with you Siobhan. 25 years is a completely unrealistic and ridiculous sentence.

Talk about trying to insult our intelligence! :mad: Shame on you Hollyoaks, shame on you! :nono:

leanne27
16-03-2006, 18:46
that's what i was trying to say, its like giving a 10 year sentence to a shoplifter, totally dramatised not even cold blooded killers get that long

alan45
16-03-2006, 20:01
In my years of experience I have NEVER heard of anyone getting 25 yrs for rape. Methinks the producers have used an overdose of artistic licence..Everyone agrees 25 years would be a proper sentence for rapist but unfortunately it wont happen in todays liberal society

Lennie
16-03-2006, 22:27
Also he's got one criminal record, that he was found guilty of (which he didnt do but was found guilty of), that killed a little boy in a fire so that i think also wasnt in his favour and also it went against his sentence, and no wonder the judge made him out to be a monster/threat to the public and should get a maximum sentence, also it was planned rape (drugging then raping them)

And also he's got two more trials coming up in Scotland - that i think will add to his sentence

prettypayal
17-03-2006, 14:14
has he left the show then? i didnt know he was leaving

Tanya
17-03-2006, 14:18
im not standing up for him im just saying i thought the average sentence was about 8 years

thats what i thought too, 25 years seems a bit harsh

eastenders mad
17-03-2006, 15:36
it does like i wonder if he will do something bad while he is prison cause he kept saying that he was going to if they locked him away.

Chris_2k11
17-03-2006, 15:42
Can you imagine 25 years in Prison? I'm sorry but he doesn't deserve that. It would absolutely kill me.

Lennie
17-03-2006, 15:43
Suicide comes to mind - 25 yrs is a long time, he knows his life's over