PDA

View Full Version : Corrie Copying Eastenders?

twinkle_eyes83
01-03-2005, 09:53
I'm sure most will now know about the 'Killer Katy' eps on Corrie this week. the storyline to it is slightly similiar to the storyline circulating around the 20th Anniversary ep for EastEnders.

Katy has an abortion - Zoe had an abortion
Katy goes mad at her dad for everything he has done & lied to her about - Zoe & Chrissie killed Den because he went mad but also FOR THINGS HE HAD DONE TO THEM.

It might not be completely identical, but these storylines have similiar ideas. Does anyone think that Corrie and EastEnders are becoming similiar storyline-wise?

asforgrant
01-03-2005, 10:34
:) it dont think so these things happane everyday katie is very different to zoe and she has a big reason to do what she did theres a limit to what u can put on tv most of the soaps do the same storylines

~Sooz~
01-03-2005, 18:14
no, like its said above, these things happen in every day life and if you compare every storyline in every soap past, present and future, you are going to find a lot of similarities.

stacyefc
02-03-2005, 11:40
no corrie is better than eastenders. if anything eastenders copies corrie for example a few years ago sarah got pregant then a few months later sonia got pregnant.

asforgrant
02-03-2005, 11:45
:D :D at the moment there has been an abortion,murder etc etc what can corrie do if they did not use these storylines then it would be very dull because all soaps do it this is stuff that happans in real life so its not a compition

Tamzi
02-03-2005, 17:03
They all seem to copy each other eventually

Mr_Cellophane
02-03-2005, 21:59
No one ever accuses Emmerdale of copying other soaps. Must be why it is the best soap at present.
:)

Behemoth
03-03-2005, 09:38
And don't forget that Corrie copied the success of the Who Shot Phil? storyline with Who Raped Toyah?
How predictable...

Mr_Cellophane
03-03-2005, 17:49
And don't forget that Corrie copied the success of the Who Shot Phil? storyline with Who Raped Toyah?
How predictable...

No that was EE copying Dallas "Who Shot JR"

Treacle
03-03-2005, 17:57
Neither copies the other one.

steven123
06-03-2005, 09:11
all soaps copy each other if they didnt it would be boring

Katy
06-03-2005, 11:18
Theres only so much that can happen and that is why alot of soap storylines are the same. Its like hollyoaks had the emma izzy ben (and baby) story and then shortly after in coronation street there was the Tracy Steve Karen (and Baby) story. No these storys are simular but i dont think that they deliberatly copy each other. If you understand my point. So i think it could be coincidental(spelling) Luv K xxx