PDA

View Full Version : Champions League

Em
08-03-2006, 21:20
As a BIG Rangers fan I was really sad to see them go out last night.

So, whats everyones thoughts on the games so far and the likely winners

Katy
08-03-2006, 21:22
barcelona to win.

They were so good last night. I dont think anyone is going to stop Ronahldino from scoring when hes got that ball at his feet. I guess well have to see how Arsenal and Real Madrid do tonight. They could be the surprise package.

I dont think Liverpool will retain the title.

Edit - Liverpool have just let a goal in 2 - 0 to Benfica on Aggragate i think i was right about them not wining the title back.

Em
08-03-2006, 22:38
Yep I think your right about Liverpool Katy!

I agree about Barcelona - they have a class some of the others dont. I dont think Arsenal / Villa Real have the same quality. THough with Villa Realhaving knowcked rangers out it woudl be nice for them to win - then at least we got beaten by the winners!

I think Barcelona will get it though

Meh
08-03-2006, 23:04
At least Arsenal are though :D

Good display by them to hold Real M.

Cornishbabe
08-03-2006, 23:40
I want liverpool to obtain the title.

But it doesnt seem likely looking at tonights play so far

Cornishbabe
08-03-2006, 23:42
oh ok we've lost the game, Um now any english team can win. So arsenal.

Em
09-03-2006, 14:17
At least Arsenal are though :D

Good display by them to hold Real M.

I agree though must say Real Madrid are not the team they used to be. this past season or two they have relaly struggled, and I cant see them holding their top players for much longer.

It would be good if Arsenal won - at least the cup would stay in this country. Not sure if they will do it though.

Does anyone know when the draw will be?

Katy
09-03-2006, 18:15
Arsenal did really well. hope they go on to win, doubt they will. I couldnt believe that Becks was the only English player at Highbury last night., in the starting line ups. Well done Benfica. They have done really well first United then Liverpool.

Katy
10-03-2006, 16:18
Here's the quarter-final line up:
Arsenal v Juventus
Lyon v AC Milan
Inter Milan or Ajax v Villarreal
Benfica v Barcelona

Arsenal Juve should be a great game. Benfica have been pretty unlucky.

alkalinetrio
15-03-2006, 15:29
come on arsenallllllllllllllllllllll!! really cant wait for the arsenal v juventus game! wish i cud get a ticket:(

Em
15-03-2006, 20:10
Sounds like good draws, I think Arsenal could go through the next round!

alkalinetrio
28-03-2006, 22:58
oh yes 2-0 to arsenal woooooooooooooooooooo:D:D

Em
28-03-2006, 23:00
Come on Arsenal!

As the only British club left they need to do us proud!

Fab performance

alkalinetrio
29-03-2006, 05:45
did really well:D:D and cant wait for next game over there! and they.ve lost 3 of there best players for the game:D:D

Katy
29-03-2006, 22:17
i bet viera is extremly annoyed, it was a really good game actually. I hope arsenal can go all the way bring that trophy back to highbury, it was a really good game last night. i saw the highlights.

i reckon lyon could go all the way and win they were looking pretty hot.

alkalinetrio
05-04-2006, 03:32
cant wait for the next game:D:D:D going to rock come on everybody support arsenal

alkalinetrio
08-04-2006, 00:11
arsenal v villa real(sorry if spelt wrong) shud be a good game cant wait to see it only 2 more games and arsenal might be in the final! i think arsenal will beat them tho what does everyone else think?

alkalinetrio
19-04-2006, 18:29
hope your all cheering on arsenal tonight! going to be a great game

Katy
27-04-2006, 18:44
Aresnal - Barcelona in the final.

If someone told me this at the start of the season id have said Barca 10 times out of 10. Now im not so sure.

alkalinetrio
27-04-2006, 19:32
come on arsenal! i hope they player better then they did against villareal in 2nd leg i thought i was going to have heart attack when they got the penalty haha

alkalinetrio
17-05-2006, 19:14
come on arsenal anyone watching it tonight?

Tamzi
17-05-2006, 22:53
Well Barcelona are the winners of the Champions League, with a 2-1 win against Arsenal. They managed to achieve 2 goals in between 77-80 minutes! I was backing Arsenal and I can't believe they didn't win.
xxx

irish eyes
18-05-2006, 00:12
Well Barcelona are the winners of the Champions League, with a 2-1 win against Arsenal. They managed to achieve 2 goals in between 77-80 minutes! I was backing Arsenal and I can't believe they didn't win.
xxx

How right is Thierry Henry! Barcelona did not deserve toi win!! If Uefa are going tro replace one linesman, because he was wearing a Barca shirt, then they should have replaced the whole referering team, Henry was right , the first gaol wa soffside, how dare they sday that barca deserved it, OI was absolutely gutted for Lehmann he has been superb throughout our champions eague campaign. Thierfirst goal was offside, I cannot believe this Barca were complete rubbish, we defended as well as we have done. Come on next season we will win it! This team deserves it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Katy
18-05-2006, 10:52
i was gutted when Lehmann was sent off, that ruined the game in my opinion. the goal should have stood and lehman should have stayed, it ruined the game a pires' game. The referee made some appauling decisions. Henrik Larssen came off teh bench and changed the whole game for barca, so in that sense they deserved to win, but if it was 11 v 11, Arsenal would have nailed it.