PDA

View Full Version : Charlene's NOT coming back

Angeldelight
30-04-2005, 18:59
FROM DIGITAL SPY

Kylie Minogue has revealed that she offered to take part in the upcoming Neighbours reunion - but was turned down by producers.

The singer, who starred as Charlene Robinson, was keen to join other former actors in filming a cameo appearance as part of the Aussie soap's 20th anniversary celebrations later this year.

"With my tour, I could only have done it if they filmed it in the UK," she said today. "But they declined. It's a big shame."

Meh
01-05-2005, 00:49
You'd think she'd give something back to the show that launched her career

Rach33
01-05-2005, 00:51
You'd of thought so but obviously not maybe it's a step down for her now

Meh
01-05-2005, 00:54
You never know - her career could nose dive and in a decades time we'll see her on "i'm a celebrity, get me out of here"

Rach33
01-05-2005, 00:57
Now that I would love to see Kylie slumming it in a jungle with nothing but fresh air and creepy crawlies

Meh
01-05-2005, 01:04
I don't think she could handle it. Mind you, I like Kylie.

Trinity
01-05-2005, 09:42
I thought the first post said she WANTED to take part? Why the Kylie bashing?

Trinity
01-05-2005, 09:42
Hey, Mordor - I see you have misplaced your 2 million posts!

Crazy Gal 88
01-05-2005, 12:59
i would have thought the producers would have really wante dher in the show as she is like the most famous person to come out of neighbours!

Jemma
01-05-2005, 16:01
That's a shame , it would have been great if kylie could have come back for one episode. :(

Angeldelight
01-05-2005, 16:42
i thought that they were guna to the recorded vidoe message thing but hey obvisously not!!!! would have benn good to see though!!

phils little sister
12-05-2005, 12:39
Neighbours bosses have hit back at Kylie Minogue, claiming it was she who declined their offer to appear in the 20th anniversary episode.

It was first reported last month that Kylie would have been more than willing to film a cameo appearance as Charlene Mitchell for the celebratory episode while on tour in the UK, but producers were said to have rejected her offer.

It has now emerged that this was not the case. In a statement issued by Australian television production company Grundy TV, the producers of the soap claim to have "made every effort to accommodate Kylie" in their anniversary celebrations.

The programme makers approached Kylie's management company as early as November last year, offering her the chance to "shoot a cameo appearance anywhere in the world at any time... The offer was declined."

There were also reports suggesting that actor Russell Crowe had been in negotiations with Grundy. Grundy, however, dismissed these claims in the statement, saying: "An approach was never made."

hayley
12-05-2005, 19:05
Well Neighbours is a aussie soap so why would she get to film in the U.K?

gbnut
13-05-2005, 08:27
Well Neighbours is a aussie soap so why would she get to film in the U.K?

the cameo would not matter were it was shot. it could be any where in the world the place does not matter!!!

i also here that she turned them down not her turning them down.

LUSHLOOKE69
13-05-2005, 13:01
Well as it's Kylie's word against neighbours I don't know who actually declined the other ones offer but if it was Kylie I think it is disgusting she's clearly forgeting where she come from and what got her where she is today! You'd think she'd want to show a bit of gratitude and recognition to neighbours for discovering her. Does anyone else think we would have heard of Kylie Minogue if it wasn't for neighbours I seriously doubt it? However I am a kylie fan I've even been to see her in concert so I am not disrespecting her I just think she needs to think back to her routes as I really don't think neighbours would decline the chance of having such a famous persona back for their 20th anniversary.

RealityGap
13-05-2005, 13:21
I guess we will never know which story is true Kylie or Grundy. Pity though it would have been good (although strange) to see her back

uvegotmale2000
26-08-2005, 20:46
why knock someone who has cancer.pretty sick i think

emma_strange
26-08-2005, 21:31

Very sick. I know someone who has Cancer and its not nice. People should never knock it.

Luna
26-08-2005, 22:44
shame it would have been good to see her back in it

Crazy Gal 88
26-08-2005, 23:02
yeh it would have especially as it wa dthe show that really made her and put her name out there so to speak!.

Dr. Tangliss
27-08-2005, 07:20
I thought she would not come back, shame though.

Trinity
27-08-2005, 09:21

I understand your view, but this thread started before it was known that she had cancer.

Kylie
27-08-2005, 14:50
I seem I remember seeing a documentary on her and in it she said that she was grateful to Neighbours for being the show that launched her whole career, but she was anxious to shed her soap princess image, hence why she has not done a whole lot of major acting since leaving the show. I also remember that she said the whole neighbours thing brought back a lot of unhappy memories for her especially concerning her on and off screen partner at the time Jason Donovan

PS my name is actually Kylie and was born way before KM was ever famous!

gbnut
29-08-2005, 19:21
I understand your view, but this thread started before it was known that she had cancer.

please look at dates before you knock people i agree if this was all said before she was aware then it would have been sick!!!!!