PDA

View Full Version : trouble sleeping

Bad Wolf
30-04-2005, 11:03
help me!!!! this is driving me mad, i keep waking up stupidly early at 5 am,

does anyone have any ideas to how i can stop this? i'm the sort of person who needs sleep, and not being able to do is making me very grumpy

willow
30-04-2005, 11:24
what time do you go to bed?

Bad Wolf
30-04-2005, 11:26
when i get tired, about 11 ish

willow
30-04-2005, 11:29
have you tried the herbal nightol? my friend was habving trouble and it seemd to help her.

Bad Wolf
30-04-2005, 11:30
no, but i will, cheers willow!!

willow
30-04-2005, 11:30
you can get it from boots i think

Jade
30-04-2005, 12:40
or try lavender oil on your pillow, its supposed to relaxe you, a few drops should do

Bad Wolf
30-04-2005, 12:40
cheers xx

Meh
30-04-2005, 14:22
Signs of stress Rach! There's alot of things you can try. A hot shower before sleeping, a medium-hot cup of milk (not hot). You can try some breathing exercises to help you go back to sleep as well. Deep belly breathing will help relax your body and get you back to sleep.

:cartman:

Bad Wolf
30-04-2005, 14:25
its wired, every morning at about 5 am, i was going to buy an eye cover thingy, but would probably manage to wrap it around my neck

Meh
30-04-2005, 14:26
It starts getting Dawn at 5 am, so it cold be your body responding to the light. Make sure the curtains don't let any light in.

~Sooz~
02-05-2005, 10:42
When I have trouble sleeping I have warm milk and either read or watch a bit of tv - after a lovely warm bubble bath.

If its like Mordor says and its the light waking you, you might need to invest in these black out curtain linings. Instead of tossing and turning how about reading for 10-15 mins, it might send you off again?

Everyone is different, sometimes if my mind is too busy, I've seen me sticking my walkman on to listen to something to send me off again. If you are stressed out, sometimes silence is the worst thing as your mind keeps ticking over.

I've tried the nytol but they didnt work for me but it seems like its not the getting off to sleep that's the problem.

Siobhan
02-05-2005, 10:49
It starts getting Dawn at 5 am, so it cold be your body responding to the light. Make sure the curtains don't let any light in.

It is probably the light.. in summer I have to put heavy curtains on my window to stop my daughter waking up so early.. helps to get her asleep at night too.. she is only 3 so she doesn't understand so I have to tell her in winter it gets dark but in summer it gets late... :)

Behemoth
02-05-2005, 22:46
Don't think about stuff that concerns or excites you because it will keep your brain active. Think about lying on a beach or something relaxing like that. It's all about getting your conscious brain to shut down.

Also, check out the BBC's website on sleep (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sleep) out.

(I can post that hyperlink right? because I don't have a vested interest in the site?)

Meh
03-05-2005, 02:46
Also, check out the BBC's website on sleep (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sleep) out.

(I can post that hyperlink right? because I don't have a vested interest in the site?)

Yup, its fine. Any luck with the sleep Rach?

Bad Wolf
03-05-2005, 08:22
no!!! it didn't help that my housemate woke me up at three am twice this weekend, when she came in!!!! the second time was pretty nassty, she had a bloke with her.....aarrgh!!!!

bubblegum_fairy
19-12-2005, 13:39
I can never sleep good, I wake up at night time and my body just doesn't want to sleep, neither does my brain, no matter what I do, and i won't feel tired. So I don't end up getting sleep till 12 or 1 in the morning, then end up getting up at 6 to get ready for college.

alan45
19-12-2005, 23:10
help me!!!! this is driving me mad, i keep waking up stupidly early at 5 am,

does anyone have any ideas to how i can stop this? i'm the sort of person who needs sleep, and not being able to do is making me very grumpy

If Mrs Alan wakes at 5 am I mention the S word and she seems to fall over to sleep very quickly. :lol:

On a Sunday morning I ask the question Golf Course or *****course

I play a lot of Golf on Sundays :crying:

Debs
19-12-2005, 23:16
If Mrs Alan wakes at 5 am I mention the S word and she seems to fall over to sleep very quickly. :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

willow
20-12-2005, 06:40
i have just woken up at 6am!!!! can't get back to sleep!!!!

xStephaniex
20-12-2005, 14:23
horlicks - i no it sounds stupid but it helps, or try going to your doctor they might give you some sleeping pills, i have some that make me sleep up to 8 hours when i take them they work. worth a try but otherwise if you have a busy day or do some form of excersise half hour befor you go to sleep then a warm drink she conk ya out :p

Luna
20-12-2005, 14:39
i constantly never sleep right 9 time out of 10 i will wake up three or four times a night sit for a while have a drink and a smoke and then back to bed sleeping like a baby until i wake up again.

Tori
20-12-2005, 17:04
if i can't sleep i listen to an audiobook.... and that usually sends me off to sleep