PDA

View Full Version : The Millers

Behemoth
28-02-2005, 21:08
The poor Millers! I feel so desperatley sorry for them in their situation, struggling to feed their children and then Keith goes and spend what money they do have on fixing Genghis.

What are your thoughts?

Jade
28-02-2005, 21:10
I personally think he is very selfish although I dont think he as got a very good grasp on reality!!

Behemoth
28-02-2005, 21:12
I don't think he does either! He seems to think that money will just appear for them but he needs to get of his fat backside and get a job!

Ella.
28-02-2005, 22:10
Rosie does her best for the family then Keith just goes and spoils all her hard work, its time he got a job and took some responsibility.

However, they both knew that Keith shouldn't be receiving benefits so I dont really have any sympathy for them. Hopefully now Keith will realise that he actually has to go out and work to get some money.

Jade
28-02-2005, 22:12
And also I guess they cant give out the message that benifit cheats dont get found out.

littlemo
28-02-2005, 22:41
Yeah Keith does seem to be rather lazy, they have 3 children to support (not counting Mickey, Aleesha included), and he is doing nothing to help out. I am feeling rather annoyed at him at the moment, but I think soon we are going to see a reason for Keith's unwillingness to get a job. Can't mention spoilers on here.

Behemoth
28-02-2005, 22:42
Thankyou for someone finally being considerate of not mentioning spoilers! Thankyou!

crazygirl
28-02-2005, 23:04
well demi will be ok because she will get single parent benefit has for the £500 they have to pay back they will only pay about £2.50 -£5.00 a week back from there income support because they have to give you so much to live on by law
but im really feeling sorry for rosie because keith is such a slob

Behemoth
28-02-2005, 23:05
They are probably going to have to use Demi's child suppost to live on.....or Keith can get a job.

crazygirl
28-02-2005, 23:09
no because rosie n keith can get income support and has for the cleaning job in the vic that will be cash in hand

Behemoth
28-02-2005, 23:13
They don't get much income support and they have to pay back £500 anyway. And I can't imagine a cash-in-hand cleaning job in The Vic provides enough money to support a big family.

SoapWatcher
01-03-2005, 01:46
Keith get up off your fat backside and do some work!

Treacle
01-03-2005, 04:47
This storyline has been great. I'd have slapped that Keith a long time ago though.

Claire
01-03-2005, 10:28
That Keith annoys the hell out of me, he deserved that slap from Rosie

chance
01-03-2005, 10:33
why does she put the money inb that tin?!! she does it right in front of him so he knows where it is she tells him shes got it,and she knows hes gone and taken it before so would you be so stupid to leave it there?

Debs
01-03-2005, 10:39
keith needs to get off his lazy bum and get a job. he has done nothing to help out except spend all the money that rosie has managed to bring in on things that are not really necessary! why on earth is rosie putting the money in the tin. she needs to find a better place for it well hiddenfrom kieth. what i dont understand is why mickey isnt helping. he has a job so why not make him pay some money towards things.

i really dont understand why theyare so badly off. me amd my partner had to live on the dole for a year and a half and support our son and we never struggled like that! in fact we were better off!

Behemoth
01-03-2005, 16:45
They've got two young kids and a baby though so it must be hard. And now they've got £500 to repay! I know it's their own fault but I can't help feeling sorry for them.

Cupcake
01-03-2005, 17:36
Yep annoys me keith does! Hes so stupid rosie is trying her best i mean she even gets a 50p from street 'every penny counts' and he cares about TELLY telly telly! I think he should go out there and get a job! Anything...before rosie and family go blooppp....

Behemoth
02-03-2005, 09:34
He annoys me as well! At least they have managed to pay their gas bill thanks to Mickey. Did you see Rosie nick that jacket of Den's ?!

booboo
02-03-2005, 17:34
The poor Millers! I feel so desperatley sorry for them in their situation, struggling to feed their children and then Keith goes and spend what money they do have on fixing Genghis.

What are your thoughts? I really like the new family - but looking at Keith Miller's face gives me the creeps - what do you all think? :eek:

Debs
02-03-2005, 17:48
i not liking the new family very much i think they are very dull. This storyline had better hurry up and get better as well

Cherryz
02-03-2005, 17:59
I like their family, they seem pretty down to earth and 'realistic' if you know what i mean. they worry about normal everyday stuff rather than hmm, what shall we have for dinner; drugs, sex or a lasagne? like some other characters seem to be thinking

yvonne_slater
03-03-2005, 16:23
Keith makes me want to scream at the TV, he's such a loser.. poor Rosie, she's at her wits end and he's in the damn pub.... perhaps a hair wash might aid his appearance on the interview front...

Behemoth
03-03-2005, 20:34
Fantastic acting from Rosie and Keith tonight. I really think they managed to pull at the heartstrings and they act really well together.

melanielovesdennisrickman
07-03-2005, 19:17
Hiya!!!!!
I think they are brilliant together,and it isa great storyline!!!!!

Love
Melanie

Behemoth
17-03-2005, 19:49
Poor Rosie, she's finally given in to stealing. I bet she'll get caught soon though.

Siobhan
18-03-2005, 09:28
2 weeks ago Keith went to Job center and we discovered he could not read or write.. that his is reluctance to get a job..

But he is lazy and poor Rosie works so hard and tries to spread the cash as much as possible.. I haven't heard any mention on Demi single parent allowance or for that matter Rosie's child benefit for Darren and Demi..

Mickey has money but she doesn't want to take it of him.. She is too proud to do that

Debs
18-03-2005, 09:35
she is under 16. does she get it??

Siobhan
18-03-2005, 09:49
No idea how that works in the UK.. but she should get it.. she is a single parent

crazygirl
18-03-2005, 11:44
im starting to feel really sorry for rosie, she should kick keith out

Siobhan
18-03-2005, 11:46
She should but she won't.. I think been alone scares her more than having no money

callummc
18-03-2005, 11:54
I think the scriptwriters are not doing their homework after tonights episode,we live in the UK and any child under 16 is entitled to a free prescription,so why not take him to the doctor if your skint,and also he should be checked over.

Siobhan
18-03-2005, 12:04
Really? see because I live in Ireland I know how expensive it is to take any child of any age to the doctor if you don't have medical card.. and you can only get one of them if you have benefits... so I would never have noticed that mistake

Debs
18-03-2005, 14:13
i think they are made for each other and she must really love him too put up with what she does. id have kicked him out a long time ago!!

Soozee
18-03-2005, 17:13
why does she put the money inb that tin?!! she does it right in front of him so he knows where it is she tells him shes got it,and she knows hes gone and taken it before so would you be so stupid to leave it there?
It seems to be a common practice for all low income families in soaps, the battersbies do it in corrie, the dingles do it in emmerdale. If i was on such a low income and struggling to feed the family i'm afraid i'd be keeping the cash very close to my chest.

Joanne
18-03-2005, 17:15
Do you reckon they've cancelled their subscription with satellite tv?

callummc
18-03-2005, 18:48
Really? see because I live in Ireland I know how expensive it is to take any child of any age to the doctor if you don't have medical card.. and you can only get one of them if you have benefits... so I would never have noticed that mistake
I didn't know that you had to pay for kids in ireland,sometimes we don't realise how lucky we are,adults have to pay for prescriptions if their working,but all children under 16 get them free,even if their really wealthy.

Penguin8191
18-03-2005, 18:52
i think the miller family are gr8! and Alecia is soooo cute! i just found out that darren and demi r twins! i though demi was alot older than darren!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
19-03-2005, 11:34
Why should Keith spend the money on Gengies like that he don't know the value of money and Rosie is trying so ahrd here. They should really try telling them and the whole sqaure helps them out but with a reputaion that they got I dont think so.

Angeltigger
21-03-2005, 17:57
Well Keith can not read or write but that should not stop him- he can go to classes- but he does not want to got to school at his age, Also Mickey does not know about the problems so he just give money when he wants to

crazygirl
21-03-2005, 23:45
poor rosie

SoapWatcher
22-03-2005, 00:18
You can get free perscriptions up till youre 18 in england, if you are a full time student. Wales has free perscriptions until youre 25, though im not sure if thats just for students.

SoapWatcher
22-03-2005, 00:20
i think the miller family are gr8! and Alecia is soooo cute! i just found out that darren and demi r twins! i though demi was alot older than darren!

Darren does look a lot younger doesn't he?

Travelmom
22-03-2005, 12:35
UGH, The Millers are diving me mad. He is such a lazy man. Surely he could find some sort of job regardless of being able to read. He would have been kicked out of my house a long time ago.

I didn't know about the prescription policy in England as I am in Denmark. How the heck could they make such a huge mistake in writing the story?

Jade
22-03-2005, 12:37
I think it was more a case of he wanted cough medicine now that you can buy over the counter rather than book an appointment with the doctors and have to wait.

Travelmom
22-03-2005, 12:39
I think it was more a case of he wanted cough medicine now that you can buy over the counter rather than book an appointment with the doctors and have to wait.

Hmmm, you do have a point there :hmm:

booboo
22-03-2005, 12:40
I just wish Keith Miller would have a wash, and clean his teeth. He makes my flesh creep.....I wonder how long the man playing him spends in makeup???!..........

booboo
22-03-2005, 12:42

You do have a point - but if Darren suffers from Asthma, surely the doctor would class that as urgent? :searchme:

Jade
22-03-2005, 12:45
Yea I guess but the doctor would still not see him immediatley where as if they had the money they could just by the medicine straight away