PDA

View Full Version : Former 'Neighbours' star injured

Luna
22-02-2006, 12:35
Former Neighbours actor Daniel MacPherson was injured in a freak cycling accident this weekend.

The star, who played the role of Joel Samuels in the popular Australian soap, was saved by his cycling helmet in the sudden accident. He had been in heavy training for his attempt at the upcoming Australian Ironman Championships when the chain on his bike jumped off while he was going downhill at 65km/h in the Royal National Park, Melbourne, on Saturday.

MacPherson went head first over the handlebars and although the helmet took the brunt of the fall he sustained significant injuries including a broken collar bone, three broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder and major cuts and bruising.

"The helmet was smashed to smithereens," a spokeswoman for MacPherson said yesterday.

The accident threw production of the Channel 10 series Killer Sharks into disarray, with the host unable to be on set yesterday for shooting of the final episode.

Katy
22-02-2006, 16:28
thats awful. I hope he feels better soon. Its horrible when that happens especially if its whilst doing something you enjoy.

He was in the Bill as well wasnt he.

Angeltigger
22-02-2006, 16:32
That is bad

i hope he okay.. Get well soon Daniel

stacyefc
22-02-2006, 23:17
aah i hope he is ok the poor thing.

is he still going out with the girl who played kerry in the bill with him?

Jessie Wallace
25-02-2006, 17:44
Aww, poor daniel, hope he is ok, i quite like him.

Luna
25-02-2006, 21:35
aah i hope he is ok the poor thing.

is he still going out with the girl who played kerry in the bill with him?

i think they split when he moved back to aussie after his parents got divorced

~*~Leanne~*~
26-02-2006, 15:29
ahhh poor daniel hope he gets better soon and it sounds painful

megan999
07-03-2006, 16:27
Hope he gets well soon. I used to like him when he was in Neighbours, good actor and not too easy on the eye too, ha ha!