PDA

View Full Version : liverpool denied champions league spot

Rory18
29-04-2005, 13:33
this is outrageous the champions leauge is becoming a farce why should any team below the premiership winners get into the champions leagu its not as if their champios of anything the winners of the fa cup have more right than 3rd or 4th place finished teams do and the fact they wont let liverpool in if they win is discraceful as they will be the champions and everton finish 4th in a league which outside the top 3 is anyones game and i am not a liverpool fan i support newcastle and if we were in evertons place i wouldnt be happy if we were in the champions league instead of liverpool as we wouldnt deserve to be what a farce the champios league will be next year could you really imagine everton defeating juventus like liverpool have we should start a petition about this as i am deeply annoyed

Meh
29-04-2005, 14:02
The question is do the champions automatically get the right to defend the championship next season?

Take the world cup for example. The hosting nation and the defending team automatically get a place. I think the champions league should follow a similar pattern.

Rory18
29-04-2005, 14:13
the world cup changed their rules after the last world cup and now only the host nation get automatic qualification and brazil have to qualify and liverpool dont get in for winning the champions league which is discraceful

west_ham_rule
29-04-2005, 14:37
its stupid it should be the winners and the top 4

Rory18
29-04-2005, 14:44
why the top 4 three of them arent champions the winners of the fa cup should get a place and even in my opinion i dont think many will agree but if people want the carling cup to be taken seriously again the winners of the carling cup get in at least then teams will try harder and the champions league will actually have teams in it that have won something rather than teams that finish 3rd or 4th i also think the winners of the uefa cup should get champions league qualification

west_ham_rule
29-04-2005, 14:50
not a bad idea actually

Rory18
29-04-2005, 14:52
thanx

Meh
29-04-2005, 15:40
Brazil have to qualify as well? Wtf!

Rory18
29-04-2005, 15:45
yeah i know mordao i was shocked when i found out and it was only recently i found it its outrageous isnt it

oh and very good use of abbreviations Mordor.......wtf lol

Meh
29-04-2005, 15:55
It means what the flip :)

Rory18
29-04-2005, 16:01
ahhhh well me sincerest appologies for using my foul mind to think it meant something else :)

pie_man
01-05-2005, 00:00
tut tut!

west_ham_rule
01-05-2005, 15:30
uefa have now come out n said that mayb 5 team english teams could play champions league football next year

Amz84
22-05-2005, 17:29
the champions should automatically qualify so they can defend their title same for the world cup!! football is becomin more and more like a business everyday.

COME ON THE BLUES thats the Birmingham City blues next season!!

Siobhan
30-05-2005, 16:08
Ok, maybe I am been a bit stupid but was there not a league for all cup winner across Europe as well as a champion league???? Was there not 2 european competitions UFEA and another one???

Anyway, in regards to Brazil having to qualify... that is stupid.
I think all team should have a right to defend their cup even if they finish last in the league

di marco
30-05-2005, 16:13
Anyway, in regards to Brazil having to qualify... that is stupid.
I think all team should have a right to defend their cup even if they finish last in the league

i agree. brazil have to qualify even though they won last time, but germany are automatically through cos theyre the host, thats stupid if you ask me!