PDA

View Full Version : Are 'golden couple' set to reunite?

Kylie
28-02-2005, 19:57
Susan and Karl were once Ramsay Street's golden couple.

When they arrived in Erinsborough, both were happy, successful fortysomethings who seemed very much in love.

Over the years, their marriage suffered numerous ups and downs, but they always managed to stay together - until Karl had a mid-life crisis.

He decided to leave his wife of almost 30 years and set up home with Izzy Hoyland, a woman half his age.

She claimed she was pregnant with his child, despite the father being local psycho Gus Cleary.

In a forthcoming episode Izzy decides not to wed Karl after all, and jilts him at the altar in a heartless act which leaves the medic devastated.

Unsurprisingly, the couple end up re-evaluating their relationship, and although Izzy claims she loves him, it becomes clear Karl still needs Susan.

Regular viewers will have suspected the once-married couple may eventually get back together, and now Alan Fletcher, the man who plays the confused medic, has hinted they could be right.

"Karl is spending a lot of time kidding himself about a lot of things," says the actor.

"It's fascinating playing the character when he works out the truth about himself."

(from yahoo news)

We all guessed this was on the cards but can susan ever forgive Karl's infidelities and move on? Will they ever be happy?

Debs
28-02-2005, 20:16
hooray cannot wait for this. karl and susan belong together. i knew that they would get back together eventually!

Freds
28-02-2005, 20:33
Them getting back together will be so unrealistic and like the third time its happened!

Trinity
01-03-2005, 13:34
Can they ever be happy - this is soap - anything can happen. Izzy is a tart and Karl is an old man - a partnership made in hell (ask Prince Charles)

donna
01-03-2005, 13:35
Im really happy they are gonna get back together, however i always suspected they would as they are still together on the opening credits!

BabyPink
01-03-2005, 16:03
I know Karl and Susan belong together and Tina Baker said a while ago that they would get back together but i just cant see how Susan could take him back after the way he's treated her!! :mad:

stacyefc
01-03-2005, 16:20
i know i agree he has treated her bad

Gemini
01-03-2005, 16:21
TWO main characters are going to be killed off this year. It has been confirmed that Next Week (Aus) Mr Karl Kennedy is going to die of a Heart Attack. His health suffered big time after finding out about Izzy's secret and about her infidelity with the one and only Mr Paul Robinson. Before he passes, he is able to tell Susan that he will always love her as they have reignited their flame in previous/recent weeks.
The next person to die has been confirmed to be Lou Carpenter. Tom Oliver has recently said in an interview on TV that he is soon to retire from tv as he feels its time for him to have a well deserved rest.
Kimberly Davies is confirmed to be coming back for the 20th Episode while producers are currently negotiating with Jesse Spencer and the one and only beautiful Miss Kylie Minogue for appearances.

stacyefc
01-03-2005, 16:29
oh my god karl is going to die, well i didn't expect that. i had a feeling though that lou would leave soon.

scotty
02-03-2005, 09:34
I read that the actor who plays Karl had just sighned a new 1 year contract

donna
02-03-2005, 11:11
this is all so strange will they ever let these people just get on with their soaplife!!!

Amz84
04-03-2005, 14:02
Can they ever be happy - this is soap - anything can happen. Izzy is a tart and Karl is an old man - a partnership made in hell (ask Prince Charles)

Just wondering what you mean by ask prince charles

Ella.
04-03-2005, 16:45
Ive just looked on the Erinsborough website (spoiler forum) and it says that Karl is revived, so he doesnt die afterall.

Trinity
04-03-2005, 17:16
Prince Charlles (old man), Princess Diana (young tart) - hardly a match made in heaven!

Amz84
04-03-2005, 18:10
Sorry but she was not a young tart! far enough she did have an affair, but charles had an affair with camilla from the moment he married diana. if anything it was camilla who was the tart!