PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Aunt Sally
29-04-2005, 11:38
My brother in law has tried it on with me. What do I do? Do i tell my sister? They have children and they seem real happy of course I turned him down and was disgusted but what do i do now? Pretend it never happened or what? Help

"In an ideal world I would tell the creep to get lost and tell your sister what an idiot she has for a husband, but the repercussions could be worse ie shoot the messenger scenario, and there are children involved.

Obviously you have told him your not interested. Is there anyway you can avoid him for a while? and if it happens again tell him you will tell your sister?

If you have a partner maybe confide in them or a close friend so you have someone to back you up if it happens again

Also if he comes on too strong and you feel out of your depth then tell someone. Are you close to your Mum?”

It maybe a good idea to tell someone anyway so you have some moral support and you don’t get accused of causing trouble.

If you are under 16 you need to tell someone about this either a family member or another trusted adult ie teacher.

Hope this helps.

Meh
29-04-2005, 14:21
Pretending it never happened isn't the way because the chances are it'll happen again. I'd echo what Aunt Sally has said and confide in someone else. Telling your sister may not be the wisest choice as it'll come down to your word against his. What you do have to do is make sure that he knows if he ever tries it on again you will scream blue murder.