PDA

View Full Version : Chris Fountain - Just the Two of Us

Lennie
05-02-2006, 03:31
Chris Fountain will be in this show

Just the Two of Us:

Hot on the heels of Strictly Come Dancing comes a brand new entertainment show – Just the Two of Us.

Pairing celebrities with internationally renowned singers, eight couples will compete in a duet singing showdown complete with live band, a panel of judges and viewer voting to see who will be crowned Just the Two of Us champions.

Hosting the event will be the UK's most glamorous presenting couple – Vernon Kay and Tess Daly.

Fresh from her success as Brucie's right hand lady, Tess will co-host the new show with her husband - the first time the pair have worked together.

Tess said: "Strictly Come Dancing was such a success that I'm thrilled Vernon and I have been asked to host its successor.

"It's great to be getting right back to the glitz and glamour of a live music entertainment show and I'm really looking forward to working with someone I know so well!"

The host of T4, BBC Radio 1 weekends and fresh face of light entertainment, Vernon now appears in his first show for the BBC since BBC TWO's Head Jam in 2004.

Vernon said: "I'm so excited about working on such a great format with so many stars performing and I'm chuffed to be presenting with such a beautiful co-host!

"It's going to be a cracking few weeks of top family entertainment!"

Just the Two of Us is being created by the team behind Strictly Come Dancing.

Each night the competing couples (of singer and celebrity) will have to sing in a variety of styles including country and western, musical, swing, rock ballad, pop and soul.

They will be judged by a panel of industry experts and then viewers will have the chance to vote for their favourite.

But, in a new twist, once the losers have been announced, the couple polling next lowest will have to hit the campaign trail and visit the region where they gained the least number of votes, taking couples out across England, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland to try and convince people to vote for them next time.

Executive Producer Karen Smith said: "We're setting out to do what we do best – to create a big, vibrant exciting entertainment show.

"Each night will be packed with both new and classic songs, a live band in the studio and live singing that challenges the celebrities to perform in ways they've never done before.

"They will have to face their fears and tame their nerves to perform live with their singing partners who are some of the world's biggest recording stars.

"I'm delighted that Tess and Vernon will be at the helm of what promises to be one of the biggest, most dramatic shows of the year."

Richard Hopkins, Creative Head of Format Entertainment, BBC, added: "The dynamic of the pro-celebrity duos training and performing together proved constantly compelling in Strictly Come Dancing, and we can't wait to see how our singing couples cope with the pressure of the live BBC ONE shows."

Just the Two of Us will transmit on BBC ONE during February and March 2006.

Singers, their celebrity partners and the judging panel will be announced at a later date.

The show starts on Thursday 23rd February and these are the pairs taking part -

Queen of the dance floor Jocelyn Brown and
BBC One’s champion of the underdog, Matt Allwright

Former Atomic Kitten Natasha Hamilton and Holby City’s answer to George Clooney, Mark Moraghan

Brit diva Beverley Knight and BBC Radio Five Live’s Nicky Campbell

Pop sensation Jo O’Meara and Hollyoaks favourite Chris Fountain

Eighties heartthrob Rick Astley and actress Sian Reeves

ABC’s Martin Fry and queen of daytime TV Gaby Roslin

Soul legend Alexander O’Neal and BBC News’ Fiona Bruce

Jazz-meister Curtis Stigers and GMTV darling Penny Smith.

Penguin8191
05-02-2006, 11:47
yeh go chris! i cant wait to see this when does it start?

Lennie
05-02-2006, 12:12
yeh go chris! i cant wait to see this when does it start?

23rd Feb :)

Looks like Chris is paired up with Jo from S Club, i have to say she has a good voice, actually the best voice from S Club band when they were together

x Amby x
07-02-2006, 22:19
Chris and Jo will be brilliant together. Jo has a good voice, and i have a feeling that Chris will do well too.

Angeltigger
08-02-2006, 16:39
What time is it on? i am looking forward to this

leanne27
08-02-2006, 17:23
i was hoping chris would be in soapstar superstars, when i heard it was Lee instead i was dissapointed, will be thrilled to see him in this :)

di marco
08-02-2006, 21:58
i was hoping chris would be in soapstar superstars, when i heard it was Lee instead i was dissapointed, will be thrilled to see him in this :)

can chris sing then? cos i didnt watch soapstar superstar but i saw lee on celebrity stars in their eyes and thought he was really good

Lennie
11-02-2006, 13:52
What time is it on? i am looking forward to this

Not sure what time it is on - but all i know its on for two weeks

di marco
11-02-2006, 13:56
Not sure what time it is on - but all i know its on for two weeks

only 2 weeks? thats not very long

Lennie
11-02-2006, 15:09
Thats what it said in all about soap magazine

Angeltigger
11-02-2006, 15:19
can chris sing then? cos i didnt watch soapstar superstar but i saw lee on celebrity stars in their eyes and thought he was really goodwell that what we are going to find out- i'm sure he can or he would not be on this show

Lennie
11-02-2006, 16:45
I think he can coz he's done musical theatre and also plays the guitar and drums.

Lennie
11-02-2006, 16:47
Thats what it said in all about soap magazine

It said that its showing every night from thurday to sunday for two weeks

di marco
11-02-2006, 17:39
well that what we are going to find out- i'm sure he can or he would not be on this show

im sure not all of them can sing, i mean usually on these sort of shows they pick some celebs who are completely useless at what theyre trying to do cos theyve never done it before!

di marco
11-02-2006, 17:40
It said that its showing every night from thurday to sunday for two weeks

ok thanks for that, it makes a bit more sense now, i assumed it would only be on 1 day a week, like every saturday or something, so thought it would be strange to only have it on twice

Angeltigger
17-02-2006, 08:09
it on at 8.00pm everyone- make sure you are there

Siobhan
17-02-2006, 11:30
this is already been discuss here http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=45925
closing