PDA

View Full Version : Jessie to quit???

daisy38
28-04-2005, 09:07
The Mirror:

EXCLUSIVE: EASTENDER JESSIE'S WALKOUT THREAT
By Caroline Hedley
EASTENDER Jessie Wallace is on the verge of quitting the ailing show, it emerged last night.
The star - maneater Kat Moon - wants to spend more time with five-month-old daughter Tallulah Lilac and explore other acting roles.
But she is also disillusioned by the exodus of stars, such as Michelle Ryan, who played sister Zoe, and Chris Parker (her brother-in-law Spencer), as well as the planned exit of Shane Richie - telly husband Alfie.
The mum-of-one, 33, has told chiefs she may not renew her contract when it expires in September - despite being offered a massive pay rise.
A friend said last night: "Jessie's a very talented, award-winning actress and throughout her four-and-a-half years on the show has been offered dozens of other parts.
"She's stuck it out with EastEnders through loyalty. But with a lot of cast members she gets on with quitting, such as Michelle and Chris, the morale just isn't the same.
"However, although she's ambitious, the most important thing to her right now is being a mum.
"She is allowed to take her daughter on set, but the hours are long and she can't bear being parted from her for more than a few minutes."
Jessie - back from maternity leave but yet to reappear on screen - has also been influenced by Shane's impending departure, to be aired in December.
A Walford insider added: "The pair of them have shared some of the soap's most memorable storylines. With him leaving, it's made her think it may be time to move on and look into other career options.
"She's also desperate to spend as much time as possible with Tallulah Lilac."
Brassy Jessie has become a fans' favourite since arriving in Walford on a milk float, swigging from a bottle of champagne, in 2000.
She has had several lovers, including club owner Steve Owen, GP Anthony Trueman, her sister Lynne's boyfriend Garry Hobbs and gangster fiance Andy Hunter before she fell for Alfie.
If Jessie quit the drama, bosses would want to ensure Kat and Alfie left Walford together.
The show insider added: "They would have to work out how to write out both at once.
"To have Shane and Jessie going together would be a nightmare for long-term ratings.
"But in the short-term it would offer some potentially explosive storylines and bring in much-needed viewers."
The struggling series has seen ratings plunge to little more than six million and has been hit by high-profile resignations.
As well as Chris and Michelle, others to have left include Scarlett Johnson, who played Vicki Fowler, and Kim Medcalf (Sam Mitchell).
Nigel Harman (Dennis Watts) and screen lover Letitia Dean (Sharon Watts) are also on extended leave while they consider their futures.
Programme supremo Kathleen "The Hatchet" Hutchison had vowed to make sweeping changes to improve viewing figures, but she was axed in January after stars threatened a revolt.
New chief Kate Harwood hopes the return of old favourites, such as Peggy Mitchell and sons Grant and Phil, will revive the soap's fortunes.

phils little sister
28-04-2005, 10:07
No i dont want kat to leave i hope she signs a new contract

alan45
28-04-2005, 10:29
:cheer: Good riddance I say - She is so overrated. I think she thinks she is bigger than the show. Have I missed her during her maternity leave? NO :D :D :D

Debs
28-04-2005, 10:34
i really hope this is not true!! kat is one of my fave characters! i cannot wait for her to ocme back! with shane leaving as well things just wont be the same!!

stacyefc
28-04-2005, 10:42
i know kat is great in it

Behemoth
28-04-2005, 13:12
She better not quit!! She is needed to save the show.

SoapRach
28-04-2005, 13:14
It is a shame but i would love to see Jessie tackle some new roles and characters. And i'm sure that she'll be in the minority that actually get some work after Eastenders.

Lisa321
28-04-2005, 13:31
Sorry, Does that say Kim Medcalf is quitting?
Has this been confirmed?
xox

daisy38
28-04-2005, 13:32
It says ' they are on extended leave while they consider their futures'. :)

.:SpIcYsPy:.
28-04-2005, 13:41
Spoiler!!

dddMac1
28-04-2005, 15:03
thats the last thing Eastenders needs but if she wants to spend time with her Daughter and Explore other Acting Projects then thats up to her

i_luv_dennis
28-04-2005, 16:07
no i dont want her to leave she is da best

steven123
28-04-2005, 17:07
i think kat is the best character in eastenders

*kalfie*moon*
28-04-2005, 17:27
noooooooo!
kats the best..i dont want her to leave...but if she does then i want kat and alfie to leave together :(

jo3520
28-04-2005, 18:06
That cant b true! :eek: Jessie cnt leave n neither can Shane cuz Kat n Alfie r ment 2 b! So please dnt let them leave producers! :nono: Cuz if they split up i will cry!! lolz :(

:cheer: Jo :cheer:

hayley
28-04-2005, 18:06
It would be o.k if she left with Alfie as he is planning to leave as they belong together!

alan45
28-04-2005, 18:32
Does she think she can hold a gun to the head of the EE production team - EE can manage well without her - Who does she think she is

Angeldelight
28-04-2005, 18:39
OH MY GOD have just read it and am gobsmacked!!!! she can't leve she ain't even back on screen yet!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
she is one of the best actresses and fav characters, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE JESSE

Debs
28-04-2005, 18:41
That cant b true! :eek: Jessie cnt leave n neither can Shane cuz Kat n Alfie r ment 2 b! So please dnt let them leave producers! :nono: Cuz if they split up i will cry!! lolz :(

:cheer: Jo :cheer:

please could you not use text speak!!

cheers

andromeda
28-04-2005, 20:35
Does she think she can hold a gun to the head of the EE production team - EE can manage well without her - Who does she think she is

She's doing no such thing... she isn't even quoted in the report.

All this is about is someone who's not made up their mind if they want to sign a new contract or not.

Prsonally I hope she does sign a new contract. IMHO she's one of the best characters on the show.

willow
28-04-2005, 20:44
it won't be good for the show if she quits, she needs to come back and reclaim her man!!

LUSHLOOKE69
28-04-2005, 23:45
I really hope this is not true, newspapers are often wrong and I noticed a wrong fact as we all know dennis and Sharon are returning to our screens therefore nigel and lelita are not considering their impending future because they are returning. Has it been confirmed if Shane is leaving if this is the case are they leaving the door open? If both have to leave then they have to go toghther.

angelblue
29-04-2005, 12:30
She isnt leaving ee sharon marshall on this morning confrimed it she very happy to back at ee?

dddMac1
29-04-2005, 14:00
She isnt leaving ee sharon marshall on this morning confrimed it she very happy to back at ee?

Jessie walace has confirmed she wants to leave to spend more time with her daughter so people need to Accept her decision

LUSHLOOKE69
29-04-2005, 14:25
Jessie walace has confirmed she wants to leave to spend more time with her daughter so people need to Accept her decision
Where has she confirmed it becuse it's not on the eastenders official website which is the only true source of confirmation

Angeldelight
29-04-2005, 18:26
She's doing no such thing... she isn't even quoted in the report.

All this is about is someone who's not made up their mind if they want to sign a new contract or not.

Prsonally I hope she does sign a new contract. IMHO she's one of the best characters on the show.

This board is here to discuss spoilers, spoiler are JUST RUMOURS before they're confirmed so i don't see the problem

andromeda
29-04-2005, 18:36
This board is here to discuss spoilers, spoiler are JUST RUMOURS before they're confirmed so i don't see the problem

That in itself isn't a problem.. my problem is with the quote contained in my post which stated that she's holding a gun to TPTB head. How? She didn't even say these things... that's what I'm annoyed with.

andromeda
29-04-2005, 18:37

Jessie atually gave a quote to the press office which is what Sharon Marshall commented on today. Jessie says she's happy in her job and isn't planning on quitting. So I guess you can say she's confirmed she isn't planning on going anywhere.

Amber
29-04-2005, 18:41
Jessie atually gave a quote to the press office which is what Sharon Marshall commented on today. Jessie says she's happy in her job and isn't planning on quitting. So I guess you can say she's confirmed she isn't planning on going anywhere.
That's good :cheer:

Btw hello Vix :thumbsup:

andromeda
29-04-2005, 18:44
That's good :cheer:

Btw hello Vix :thumbsup:

Hiya :)

Thought you'd be pleased with that.

i_luv_dennis
29-04-2005, 19:43
kat is not leavin said on this mornin so yay

kat 4 alfie
08-06-2005, 20:15
she has now signed a new contract thought it said on tvtome !

Gabby
08-06-2005, 21:45
oh i really hope that is not true because i love kat!! shes only just come back i dont want her going again! WHAT A SPOILER!

melanielovesdennisrickman
09-06-2005, 06:58
Hiya!!!!!
I Don't Want Kat To Leave,EastEndeRs Wouldn't Be The Same Without Are Kat!!!!!
I Heard She HAd A Contract Untill DeCemBer 2006 Though!!!!!

Love
:heart: Melanie :heart:

di marco
09-06-2005, 07:29
yeh i heard that her contract went to at least the middle of 2006

Bad Wolf
09-06-2005, 08:14
i'm going to move this to the rumour mill, thats all it is at the moment

squarelady
10-06-2005, 08:05
Nigel and Letitia didn't extend they break to 'consider their futures' they extended their break because 'Enders wanted they return to coincide with Michelle's exit. Again, another load of rubbish from the papers!

Babe14
10-06-2005, 12:09
Nigel and Letitia didn't extend they break to 'consider their futures' they extended their break because 'Enders wanted they return to coincide with Michelle's exit. Again, another load of rubbish from the papers!

:lol: They are full of it at the mo like I said hard up for sales! Infact I callit desperate:) I just feel sorry for Easties:) or should I say the Stars they are slating.

dddMac1
10-06-2005, 15:55
the papers print a lot of C**p i think it is good that it Coincides with Michells Exit

Treacle
10-06-2005, 15:59
She's under contract to the end of the year anyways.
This has been denied full stop. There is nothing to suggest it's true atall.
Closing :)