PDA

View Full Version : Darren Miller

Florijo
30-01-2006, 10:44
There is a rumor posted on the Digital Spy forums from the Daily Star that involves Darren Miller. I say rumor as it is from the Daily Star. :rolleyes:

"Meanwhile things are to go X Rated down Walford way too when teenager Darren Miller discovers sex. Viewers will see him bed 3 different girls in a shock plot storyline in March which will result in him having a STD test. An insider said '' We had huge doubts about doing this storyline but felt it was right as teenagers today are more sexually active then 10 years ago and the issue needs to be raised''

Chris_2k11
30-01-2006, 10:48
Hmm... I dunno really... could be true I suppose.

LostVoodoo
30-01-2006, 14:40
woah, that is random!
i can see why they'd want to do this type of storyline, but with Darren?! it's not his age, it's his character. i can see why they would do it with Deano, he seems like the type to be a bit of a wide-boy and put it about a bit. with Darren it seems like they wanna do the storyline as extra-sensational by making him young.

Tannie
30-01-2006, 14:42
yeah and Darren isn't really a trouble maker anymore now Demi's got aleesha

Bree
30-01-2006, 14:43
could be true you never no

Florijo
30-01-2006, 14:52
i can see why they would do it with Deano, he seems like the type to be a bit of a wide-boy and put it about a bit.

Maybe that is why they have choosen to do this storyline (if it is true) with Darren. Viewers and the other characters would expect it of the likes of Deano. Sometimes storylines are better if you use characters that don't seem the type to do something. Who would have thought that Saint Sonia would get pregnant at 15 or that Chrissie would murder Den when we first saw her in the Square? Or that Little Mo would stand up for herself against Trevor and whack him with the iron?

diamond1
30-01-2006, 16:49
woah well done ee thats gonna send out a great message a 14 yr old bedding 3 girls

Florijo
30-01-2006, 17:11
woah well done ee thats gonna send out a great message a 14 yr old bedding 3 girls

Darren is 15. I would have thought having to have an STD test is sending out a good message about the possible consequences. Just like Sonia getting pregnant and Demi too.

Kim
30-01-2006, 19:37
This sounds good and I think the STD issue will be a good warning to teenagers who have had sex or are considering having it.

Jada-GDR
30-01-2006, 19:40
seems a bit unlikey, but hey this is ee, they've been going a bit odd recently (molfie, for example -_- ). i kinda hope this wonthappen, its a bit out of character for darren.

Luna
30-01-2006, 19:44
i read that on ds too but no one could find proof that it was actually said in the daily star

Kim
30-01-2006, 19:48
seems a bit unlikey, but hey this is ee, they've been going a bit odd recently (molfie, for example -_- ). i kinda hope this wonthappen, its a bit out of character for darren.

I have thought for a while that he might have sex once, but not three times, as his twin is a mother and they're quite different now to what they were when they came to Walford.

feelingyellow
30-01-2006, 19:53
Hope this isn't true! Darren's character would never do anything like this! Maybe if they built it up over a few months... if could work but...

Kim
30-01-2006, 19:55
That's what I was thinking. They could at least have him drinking or smoking first, he hasn't broken the law for about a year (except truanting).

hannah-mj
30-01-2006, 20:24
This doesnt sound very darren-like , but maybe they will develop his character more in the build up to this.

Luna
30-01-2006, 21:36
That's what I was thinking. They could at least have him drinking or smoking first, he hasn't broken the law for about a year (except truanting).

they did have him drinking once - with stacey

Kim
30-01-2006, 21:37
But nothing since, so to have him sleeping with three girls all of a sudden would just be stupid.

littlemo
31-01-2006, 00:18
It's not really in his character but people can develop attitudes during teenage years. Also peer pressure would probably be involved. It would certainly have neighbours looking down their noses at them, wouldn't it? First Demi getting pregnant at 13 and then Darren getting an std at 15. Although it would probably be a storyline within the family, not announced to the whole square. They are a very tight unit, so they'd get through it as a family.

Penguin8191
31-01-2006, 17:11
i hope ee dont do this as it doesnt seem as if darren would do that if they did want to do the whole STD thing they should build up a relationship with someone then have him sleep with her not with 3 girls!

Kim
31-01-2006, 17:16
i hope ee dont do this as it doesnt seem as if darren would do that if they did want to do the whole STD thing they should build up a relationship with someone then have him sleep with her not with 3 girls!

I don't think that would be possible as that way, it wouldn't be a very commom issue to highlight. It is rare that people get STD's when they have only slept with one person.

DaVeyWaVey
31-01-2006, 19:24
It sounds like a very good message to send out to teenagers and it would be good to reflect real life- Darren getting an STD. Darren also hasn't been used so much so it would be nice for him to show off his acting abilities in a serious thought- provoking storyline. I hope Eastenders do a build-up to this as it would make the storyline more plausible :)

BlackKat
31-01-2006, 20:53
I don't think that would be possible as that way, it wouldn't be a very commom issue to highlight. It is rare that people get STD's when they have only slept with one person.

Actually I think it would be better done with one person. It's a common opinion that only "sluts" or people that sleep around get STDs, but all it takes is to sleep with one person that has it. It's not like you get a teensy bit from each person, add it all up and you get an STD. He obviously gets him from one of the girls -- the other two have nothing to do with it.

I think it would be better to show that any unprotected sex with any one person can lead to an STD. How many people you sleep with only affects how many people may catch it from you.

Cornishbabe
31-01-2006, 20:54
its a bit of an out of the blue storyline. Its good that they are bringing up topical (sp?)storylines tho.
Its always the quiet ones!

callummc
01-02-2006, 00:34
sounds like a good storyline it would send out a better message though if he only went with one girl who didn't act like a slut and caught a dose that would send out a better message

Kim
01-02-2006, 06:55
I disagree as that way he would be very unlikely to get an std and girls might think that they wont get one and ignore it, but if it was with three I think they'd take much more notice.

callummc
01-02-2006, 10:30
think about it thats like saying you cant get pregnant first,you can,and unless the girl was a virgin she could have caught an std of a boy who had slept around,EE should send out a message that you dont have to sleep around to catch somthing,or all young people will live in the illusion that a std cant be caught of a one night stand,now that has to be the wrong message to send out

LUSHLOOKE69
01-02-2006, 14:20
It does hapenin real life though! I think this is probably true not a bad plot either

BlackKat
01-02-2006, 14:41
I disagree as that way he would be very unlikely to get an std and girls might think that they wont get one and ignore it, but if it was with three I think they'd take much more notice.

People are more likely to ignore it if they send out a message that you can only get one from sleeping around. "Oh, I'm only going to have unprotected sex with one person so I'm safe." All it takes is for that one person to have an STD, and you're at risk. That's the message I think they need to send out.

bevanuk
01-02-2006, 17:45

His twin sister has a baby, so i woulnt worry....

moonstorm
02-02-2006, 08:22
You can get Aids the first time you sleep with someone with you do not use a condom!!

kckinsmcg
06-02-2006, 05:38

Darren and the writers didn't invent underage sex, they're just showing it. If you honestly think that kids are not having it off because they don't know about it and EE will show them what they are missing so to speak, you are missing the point. There are a lot of kids doing just that. By the same token maybe seeing that kids can get STD's no matter what age, well perhaps that will make them a bit more cautious if they are engaging in that behavior.

Besides if soaps are providing examples of how people should behave then perhaps kids shouldn't be watching them or maybe we should be more concerned with them viewing all of the murders and extramarital affairs that take place. Morals are morals no matter how old you are and television doesn't encourage you to have sex anymore than rock music encourages kids to kill. If kids are missing the capacity to make good decisions and the ability to behave in society it is because they haven't been taught how, not because TV shows them how. Television is entertainment not an instruction book.

kckinsmcg
06-02-2006, 05:55
think about it thats like saying you cant get pregnant first,you can,and unless the girl was a virgin she could have caught an std of a boy who had slept around,EE should send out a message that you dont have to sleep around to catch somthing,or all young people will live in the illusion that a std cant be caught of a one night stand,now that has to be the wrong message to send out

Are you insane? "all young people will live in the illusion that a std cant be caught of a one night stand" by sheer statement alone that does not make any sense. That is exactly what happens with one-night stands. You have one, then another, and another. They all count. One or two or 50. Anyone who has one night stands is someone who sleeps around. They are trying to show kids that underage, unprotected sex has consequences. Boys can get STDs and girls can get pregnant or an STD or both. The writers are not suggesting that Darren is with "sluts" as someone else said, I feel the point they are making is that children, yes 14 is a child, do not have the capacity to think long-term and understand the effects of sleeping with anyone. Most underage kids who engage in sex are in the moment and do not appreciate the magnitude of their actions. So one girl who is a virgin can catch an STD from someone who has been with only one other girl, because that other girl may have been with only one other person, but that person may have been with one other person who was with one other person. The message is if you sleep with someone without protection you are now sharing the body fluids and diseases that everyone who that person slept with and everyone of the people that you may have slept with as well as their partners. Remember the commercial from the '80s about the shampoo? One woman told 2 friends about the shampoo and they told 2 friends and they told 2 friends and so on and so on and so on. You cannot get that message across if you have 2 virgins having sex with each other. The writers had to make a weak link in the chain to show the vulnerability that all unprotected sex causes, be it STDs or pregnancy, those are the risks you take when you do not take precautions. Also, they had to make it someone young to try to hammer the point home that these things done in a moment of passion will stick with you the rest of your life in some cases.

JustJodi
06-02-2006, 08:51
Are you insane? "all young people will live in the illusion that a std cant be caught of a one night stand" by sheer statement alone that does not make any sense. That is exactly what happens with one-night stands. You have one, then another, and another. They all count. One or two or 50. Anyone who has one night stands is someone who sleeps around. They are trying to show kids that underage, unprotected sex has consequences. Boys can get STDs and girls can get pregnant or an STD or both. The writers are not suggesting that Darren is with "sluts" as someone else said, I feel the point they are making is that children, yes 14 is a child, do not have the capacity to think long-term and understand the effects of sleeping with anyone. Most underage kids who engage in sex are in the moment and do not appreciate the magnitude of their actions. So one girl who is a virgin can catch an STD from someone who has been with only one other girl, because that other girl may have been with only one other person, but that person may have been with one other person who was with one other person. The message is if you sleep with someone without protection you are now sharing the body fluids and diseases that everyone who that person slept with and everyone of the people that you may have slept with as well as their partners. Remember the commercial from the '80s about the shampoo? One woman told 2 friends about the shampoo and they told 2 friends and they told 2 friends and so on and so on and so on. You cannot get that message across if you have 2 virgins having sex with each other. The writers had to make a weak link in the chain to show the vulnerability that all unprotected sex causes, be it STDs or pregnancy, those are the risks you take when you do not take precautions. Also, they had to make it someone young to try to hammer the point home that these things done in a moment of passion will stick with you the rest of your life in some cases.

OMG isn't that the darn truth, no wonder there are so many teen pregancies, its like some one saying I am not gay, so I am not going to get AIDS, and I do not use needles, so I am not going to get AIDS, When one does have a one night stand, the question you may ask, how many one night stands has this person had, problem is teens these days think that NOTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO THEM, then when they find themselves either pregnant or with some sort of STD.. they wonder what the heck happened, no it can't happen to me, etc,, Demi is a good example of what happens when you have a night of unprotected sex,13 and 14 year olds are CHILDREN.. period.. they are not mature enough to understand the dire consquences..nuff said !!! This program is sending out the wrong message to these kids.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
14-03-2006, 17:37
I think this is a great storyline but 3 girls?! :eek:

di marco
14-03-2006, 20:04
could him sleeping with these girls be a reaction to demi maybe dying?

feelingyellow
14-03-2006, 20:44
could him sleeping with these girls be a reaction to demi maybe dying?

Hmm maybe, they are quite close for brother and sister so I suppose he could sort out his grief by blocking it all out and trying to continue his teenage life... but doing it a bit wrongly...

x Amby x
14-03-2006, 21:10
this just might be his way of grieving, its not a very usual way of dealing with grief though lol

di marco
16-03-2006, 16:12
this just might be his way of grieving, its not a very usual way of dealing with grief though lol

well people do sometimes sort of go off the rails when someones died so maybe thats his way of trying to cope?