PDA

View Full Version : Phils return

phils little sister
28-02-2005, 13:32
EastEnders actor Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell) cancelled a month-long holiday after he was asked to return to the soap.

McFadden announced his decision to "take a break" from the soap in 2003, but finally agreed to return after receiving a phone call from producer John Yorke last month.

Steve's final storyline before leaving the show saw Phil being forced to go on the run after being framed by Dirty Den for armed robbery.

He told the News of the World, "It's a shame Dirty Den was bumped off before I had a chance to get revenge. Now he's gone, Ian Beale better start looking over his shoulder. He better put his gum shield in.

"I had no intention of going back till next year. I was even planning to fly to Goa this week on a month-long motorbike trip and had bought my ticket.

"But John and scriptwriter Tony Jordan are to TV what Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho are to football, so I ripped up my ticket."

He added, "If I can return and help turn the show around, I'll be so proud. And next week I'll be back with both fists blazing!"

Barbara Windsor, who plays Phil's mother, Peggy, is also returning to the soap, while rumours suggest that producers are trying to convince Ross Kemp (Grant Mitchell) to sign a new contract.

From digital Spy

phils little sister
28-02-2005, 13:38
sorry guys :o :o :o just seen that this had been posted yesterday, :confused: :o SORRY!

Behemoth
28-02-2005, 20:00
Oo I'm looking forward to his return. Even though Eastenders shouldn't have to rely on returning characters to ressurect a show.