PDA

View Full Version : Nicola Blackstock De Souza King (Nicola Wheeler)

Luna
01-01-2006, 22:20
Can someone please tell me when nicola is going to be brought bought a few pegs.

She really is begining to do my head in with all this "im better and everyone else" act.

She really needs a good kick up the backside :angry:

Abi
01-01-2006, 22:24
Soon i hope. Shes so annoying. Surely its time to murder her now. 20-30 year olds dont live that long in one area on soaps, do they?

Luna
01-01-2006, 22:25
lol hopefully not wonder if they are casting for a 22 year old red headed murderer

Abi
01-01-2006, 22:28
Hopefully!
God help us if they dont...:mad:

chance
04-01-2006, 09:59
glad to see im not the only one who cant stand her

sheilamarie
05-01-2006, 23:29
i hate her so much

alan45
05-01-2006, 23:33
Shes not the worst character in the Dales though

~charlie-lou~
06-01-2006, 14:45
TBH, I actually quite like her. She's very, very well acted, and whilst you're quite obviously supposed to get extremely annoyed with her at times, which I do, you can't help relating to her a little bit at the same time, with all her hissy fits and snooping about!

sheilamarie
06-01-2006, 14:48
Shes not the worst character in the Dales thoughno but i still dont like her lol

Katy
06-01-2006, 15:04
i dont like her either she so whiny. I really feel sorry for simon how can he put up with her. Her storylines are also awful.

sheilamarie
06-01-2006, 15:13
yea simons nice and funny and she just so i dont know what to say but i will say this i have always hated hjer lol

Chris_2k11
06-01-2006, 15:14
I find Nicola such a boring character. She's just in the way half the time :thumbsdow

sheilamarie
06-01-2006, 15:22
yea all she dose is whine

feelingyellow
06-01-2006, 18:09
she's SO annoying lol!

tammyy2j
12-01-2006, 11:51
Nicola Wheeler, who plays fiery temptress Nicola Blackstock in Emmerdale, is to leave the ITV soap.

Nicola's four-year stint in the Yorkshire-based serial drama has seen her screen counterpart involved in a string of meaty storylines, the most famous being when she was jilted at the altar by fiancé Carlos because of his affair with her half-sister Bernice (Samantha Giles). She has since seduced a number of the village Romeos including Syd (Nathan Gladwell) and Robert (Karl Davies) before setting down with her current fiancé Simon Meredith (Dale Meeks).

In recent weeks, Nicola has fallen for Ivan (Daniel Brocklebank) and been humiliated to discover that he is bi-sexual and dating her half-brother Paul (Mathew Bose).

Nicola’s dramatic exit will be screened in March when she leaves Emmerdale behind in a storm of controversy after making a move on binman Ivan with devastating results.

Of her exit, Nicola said: “I’ve had an amazing five years on the show but feel the time is right to try something new. I will miss everyone at Emmerdale desperately but I’m really excited about what the future holds.”

Series Producer Kath Beedles added: “Nicola has been an asset to the show and will be greatly missed. We wish her the best of luck in her future career.”

Chloe O'brien
12-01-2006, 14:11
i will miss her from the show she is such a drama queen

chance
12-01-2006, 14:31
Thank god shes goin,cant stand her

dddMac1
12-01-2006, 15:16
can't stand her

Jemma
12-01-2006, 17:00
Aww no i like her she gets some great lines. seeung as simon is rumoured to be leaving as well, maybe they'll leave together?

Emmak2005
12-01-2006, 21:13
Nicola Wheeler, who plays fiery temptress Nicola Blackstock in Emmerdale, is to leave the ITV soap.

Nicola's four-year stint in the Yorkshire-based serial drama has seen her screen counterpart involved in a string of meaty storylines, the most famous being when she was jilted at the altar by fiancé Carlos because of his affair with her half-sister Bernice (Samantha Giles). She has since seduced a number of the village Romeos including Syd (Nathan Gladwell) and Robert (Karl Davies) before setting down with her current fiancé Simon Meredith (Dale Meeks).

In recent weeks, Nicola has fallen for Ivan (Daniel Brocklebank) and been humiliated to discover that he is bi-sexual and dating her half-brother Paul (Mathew Bose).

Nicola’s dramatic exit will be screened in March when she leaves Emmerdale behind in a storm of controversy after making a move on binman Ivan with devastating results.

Of her exit, Nicola said: “I’ve had an amazing five years on the show but feel the time is right to try something new. I will miss everyone at Emmerdale desperately but I’m really excited about what the future holds.”

Series Producer Kath Beedles added: “Nicola has been an asset to the show and will be greatly missed. We wish her the best of luck in her future career.”

Snap - was gonna post this, good job I didn't, lol. I think it's time she moved on, to pave the way for newer characters. But good luck to her for her future acting career - that's if she wants to continue in the business. Just posted something on Sid Owen and after I went to all the effort of typing it in I was told I should read before posting, anyway at least this won't get closed. Tee Hee hee. LOL. Only kidding! :thumbsup:

Keating's babe
13-01-2006, 11:56
I am going to miss Nicola. I think she's a fab character and it's great how she's evolved since the Carlos and Bernice storyline.

I hope Simon doesn't leave because it would mean Lesley would be kind of redundant. Unless she started a relationship with someone in the village, perhaps Shadrach? :rotfl: :p

starla
13-01-2006, 12:39
i won't miss nicola blackstock i think that she is so horrible and a mean person but i know that she probably isnt like that in real life

Abi
14-01-2006, 12:26
:cheer: finally!!!

starla
14-01-2006, 12:43
i agree abi !!!!!!!!!

xStephaniex
15-01-2006, 18:35
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO she is going !!!! no effence to nicola but i HATE HER CHARACTER !!! so much lol

Bryan
25-07-2007, 16:02
Actress Nicola Wheeler is to make a dramatic return to Emmerdale this autumn after an 18 month break from the soap.

The 33-year-old – who played super-bitch Nicola Blackstock before leaving the village in 2006 – returns to the Yorkshire dales in September under her new married name, Nicola De Souza.

With new-found finances in tow, will she be able to pick up the pieces with her father Rodney and half-brother Paul? And will she be able to lay to rest the endless feuds with the Emmerdale residents who she offended with her tirade of insults when she left?

Upon her return, Nicola takes an immediate shine to David Metcalfe (Matthew Wolfenden) and true to form, stops at nothing to get what she wants.

Nicola said: "I'm very excited to be back. It will be nice to see the changes to the character and catch up with what she’s been up to since we saw her last.

"It's interesting to go back as the same character but with a different name and a much bigger bank balance to help her cause even more trouble!"

Series Producer Kath Beedles added: "We're delighted to welcome Nicola back to the show. The villagers will get the shock of their lives when she makes her grand entrance later this year and can expect fireworks as Nicola vows to reclaim her status in the village."

Nicola returns to filming in August and her first scenes are scheduled to be on screen in the first few weeks of September.

Source: Digital Spy

Luna
25-07-2007, 20:35
hhhhhmmmm not sure about this but then again its going to be funny after her outburst before she left

Chris_2k11
25-07-2007, 20:46
Nicola is a very tired old character, she became stale years ago IMO

Joanne
25-07-2007, 22:53
What was her "status in the village"?

She was never one of my favourite characters so not particularly looking forward to her return.

no1abbafan
25-07-2007, 23:38
Another one that left for better things and ends up back where she started - didn't like the character before so not looking forward to her return.

tammyy2j
26-07-2007, 11:30
never liked her character not too bothered she is returning. They need to bring back someone like Kim Tate

inkyskin
27-07-2007, 00:52
Can someone remind me how she left again?

I can't seem to remember!:(

thanks in advance

:heart:

Katy
27-07-2007, 10:40
I actually liked Nicola, i tought she was quite funny, was she in it when Paul was there.

geordiepete
28-07-2007, 17:35
Bring back Sharon Lambert - imagine the fights between these two! Now that Kelly is leavin, we need a new village bike!

x

Chris_2k11
29-07-2007, 14:42
Can someone remind me how she left again?

I can't seem to remember!:(

thanks in advance

:heart:She tried it on with Ivan the binman but he turned her down and Lesley saw through the window and Simon found out and they split up and then everyone started turning against her and she decided to leave but before doing so give everyone a mouthful in the pub before driving off

Red08
29-07-2007, 17:42
Really not a Nicola fan and was pleased when she left!!! Wonder what storylines they have for her? Can't think of any interesting for her!

Richie_lecturer
29-07-2007, 20:36
Well they've got Rodney and Paul. I'm sure she can rebuild bridges with them.

Abi
30-07-2007, 00:17
I'd rather they bring in more new, fresh characters, rather than bringing back the old ones, like her.

Rain_
31-07-2007, 08:14
She was a whining little moo then, and no doubt now that she supposedly has money she'll become a "smug" whining little moo......Bring in some FRESH blood !!!

alan45
15-04-2010, 03:51
DEVOTED mum Nicola De Souza lands herself in a parenting nightmare when she is arrested for child abuse.

She gets accused of biting Viv Hope's toddler Cathy in a shocking Emmerdale storyline next month.
The "abuse" comes about when Nicola, played by Nicola Wheeler, sees her baby Angelica being bitten by little Cathy.
She tries to teach the child a lesson by gently biting her back, but Viv (Deena Payne) finds out and calls cops.
The situation soon spirals and social services get involved. A source told TV Biz: "Nicola is furious with herself when she realises what she's done.
"That split-second decision could mean losing her daughter as Angelica could be taken into care.
"Angelica is her whole world. When it occurs to her that social services could get involved, she's horrified.
"It's a really tense time for Nicola - being labelled a child abuser is her worst nightmare."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2932742/Emmerdale-mum-Nicola-De-Souza-is-arrested-for-child-abuse.html#ixzz0l8JJRBCY

alan45
15-04-2010, 10:29
Emmerdale's Nicola De Souza is to find herself accused of child abuse in a forthcoming storyline, a report has claimed.

The new mum - played by actress Nicola Wheeler - faces having her baby daughter Angelica taken away by social services following a row over Viv Hope's (Deena Payne) toddler Cathy, according to The Sun.

It is thought that the controversy begins when Nicola sees Cathy biting Angelica. In an attempt to teach the child a lesson, Nicola is expected to gently bite Cathy back, prompting Viv to call police when she finds out.

In later scenes, Nicola's situation looks grim as she is arrested and social services become involved in the matter.

An Emmerdale source said: "Nicola is furious with herself when she realises what she's done. That split-second decision could mean losing her daughter as Angelica could be taken into care.

"Angelica is her whole world. When it occurs to her that social services could get involved, she's horrified. It's a really tense time for Nicola - being labelled a child abuser is her worst nightmare."

Perdita
02-06-2010, 19:26
Emmerdale actress Nicola Wheeler has teased details of her character's forthcoming trial.

Wheeler, who plays Nicola De Souza in the serial, revealed that her alter ego and Viv Hope - who grassed Nicola up after she bit her young daughter - have another roaring argument shortly before her appearance before the court.

She told TV Times: "She tries to be optimistic, but she could get sent to prison and miss the wedding. The girls all go running up the street. Viv shouts out of the window and Nicola lets rip.

"A lot of other things go wrong, too - the car gets cancelled, people can't make it and her mum is going to Florida. She thinks these are all good signs telling her it's not a good day to get married."

alan45
03-06-2010, 01:09
You have already mentioned all of this here http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?109964-Emmerdale-Spoilers-07-June-11-June-2010&p=718328#post718328 post 3.

No real new spoilers.

Perdita
08-06-2010, 20:17
Emmerdale star Nicola Wheeler has admitted that her character's latest plot initially left her "outraged".

However, the actress - who plays Nicola De Souza in the serial - conceded that her alter ego's woes are more common place than she had originally thought.

This week's storyline sees Nicola face a court trial after biting a child in an incident which Viv later reported to the police.

Wheeler told Holy Soap: "When I heard about the storyline I was kind of outraged. I thought, 'This is ridiculous. What woman does that?' But since it's been out, several women have come up to Nicola and said, 'There but for the grace of God go we'."

The star added: "Apparently it's quite a common thing when you've got a child that likes to bite - you teach them what it feels like by doing it back to them. And my mother said one of my little sisters was a biter and she's done the same to her.

"I thought it would make Nicola more vilified than she is already but it's actually getting quite a bit of sympathy."

alan45
11-06-2010, 11:26
Emmerdale must employ the same legal researchers as Corrie. These luvvies have absolutely no idea what really happens in the judicial system. NICO gets a couple of days notice that the date of the court has been brought forward. Quelle surprise the date of the court falls on her wedding day. Panic abounds. What utter tosh. Even a solicitors clerk would have been able to get an adjournment on those grounds. Oh no not in Hotten court you dont. Nico was facing a relatively minor charge (in the scheme of things) but her solicitor couldnt manage to get it adjourned. BOLLOCKS I say. How professional was the CPS/PPS prosecutor who is supposed to just present the facts yet kept turning round to give NICO the 'Evil Eye'.

I know soaps are a bit of escapism but certain aspects should be realistic.

Perdita
16-02-2011, 15:15
Emmerdale's Nicola King faces a distressing mystery in next week's episodes when her husband Jimmy disappears in strange circumstances. While viewers are about to see Kelly Windsor knock Jimmy unconscious and abandon him following an argument in Peterborough, Nicola has no idea about his recent meetings with his former fiancée and is sick with worry when he fails to return home. As the days progress, Nicola is forced to consider the possibility that Jimmy has another woman, before events take a more disturbing turn… Here, actress Nicola Wheeler - who plays Nicola - discusses the storyline in a quick Q&A.

What does Nicola think when Jimmy goes missing?
"She thinks he's sulking because they've been rowing a lot because they're planning on having another baby. Nicola doesn't think Jimmy has been around a lot, and obviously he needs to be there for the crucial thing to happen! Jimmy goes off one night on a last-minute job, and the next morning he leaves very early on a run, saying he'll be back as soon as he can. But as the day goes on, Nicola tries to call Jimmy and he doesn't answer."

What happens next?
"She goes round to Carl's and he says he hasn't been able to get hold of him either. So when another night goes by, Nicola starts to panic."

Carl also receives some mysterious calls, doesn't he?
"That's not until a bit later, when Jimmy has been missing for a few days. Carl gets a call from a woman who simply says, "Sorry". But Nicola doesn't find out about this until later on. Carl goes to the police and reports it and they take his details down. But the police aren't hugely concerned - Jimmy is a grown man and there isn't anything suspicious yet."

Then Declan has an idea…
"Declan suggests that Nicola checks her joint bank account with Jimmy to see if he's taken any money out. Nicola discovers that Jimmy made a withdrawal of £500 on the day he disappeared from Peterborough. Nicola is immediately suspicious - she doesn't know what's going on."

What happens when the police call Nicola?
"The police ring and tell Nicola that they've found Jimmy's van in Peterborough. Nicola knows she can't just sit around and do nothing - there's definitely some suspicions that Jimmy may have gone off with another woman, but that's more what other people are saying to Nicola. She picks up on these comments, and it starts to make her wonder what's going on. Nicola starts to think the worst, so she asks Carl to go with her down to Peterborough."

How does it go?
"They meet the police and give them a picture of Jimmy. The police make some leaflets and they help hand them out, and they go door-to-door asking if anyone has seen Jimmy. Nicola also sets up an ad in the paper, but she ends up getting weird calls from it! Nicola is doing everything she can to find Jimmy - the only hope she is clinging to is if Jimmy had gone off with someone else then he would at least have had the decency to call her and tell her what he was doing, if not for her sake then for Angelica's. Nicola is trying to rationalise things in her head, and she really doesn't think Jimmy would have deserted her for another woman."

Jimmy's van is where he had the altercation with Kelly, but now there's no sign of him. What do the police discover inside?
"His cab is blood stained, but the police don't know yet whether the blood belongs to Jimmy or not. Nicola is told she'll have to wait until the test results come through to know whether the blood is Jimmy's. Nicola is left facing an agonising wait to find out the truth…"

alan45
02-04-2011, 16:08
Interview in Whats on TV

Emmerdale Nicola Wheeler fears if Nicola doesn't act quick she will lose Jimmy to Kelly

How is Nicola coping with Jimmy having no memory of their love or their child?

"Not well. She's trying to be patient but Kelly's doing all she can to take Jimmy away. Nicola's trying hard to be honest and not to con Jimmy into liking her more."

Does a bit of her fear that maybe she isn’t the love of Jimmy’s life after all?

"It's not that... not until she finds out Jimmy and Kelly may have been having an affair. It's more that, given the choice now, Jimmy would rather be with Kelly."

How is Nicola coping with the news that Jimmy’s the father of Kelly’s son Elliot?

"Not great but she's more worried about an affair than Elliot being Jimmy's son. She accepts Jimmy wants to provide for Elliot."

Does she believe Elliot is Jimmy’s son?

"She's in two minds about it but obviously a paternity test has been done. If Elliot really is Jimmy's son at least it explains why Jimmy was taking money from their account and why he met up with Kelly."

How does Nicola feel when she sees Jimmy handing cash to Kelly?

"She makes a comment and Jimmy makes her feel guilty by saying if he's paying for Angelica he has to do the same for Elliot."

Kelly's lying that Jimmy decided to leave Nicola before the accident and wins him over with fake proof of their affair... Has Nicola any idea how close Jimmy is to telling her he's leaving her?

"None. She's trying to be sympathetic and suggesting to Jimmy he shouldn't make rash decisions that will completely destroy their relationship until he's better. Nicola understand Jimmy's being manipulated by Kelly but there's only so much she can take... and forgive."

Has Nicola considered Kelly might genuinely love Jimmy?

"Not at all. Nicola's sure Kelly just wants a husband and a provider because Kelly hasn't been honest with Jimmy about how he felt when they split on their wedding day. She's doing the rose-tinted specs bit."

Might Nicola go as far as trying to bribe Kelly to leave?

"She's desperate to get Kelly out of their lives. There's no saying what she might do."

How do you rate Nicola's chances against Kelly of winning Jimmy?

"Jimmy's so taken in with Kelly that Nicola starts to wonder if she wants him any more. His friends and family are all telling him the truth yet he chooses to believe Kelly. OK, he's lost his memory but that doesn't excuse him everything."

Chloe O'brien
03-04-2011, 00:18
Come on Nicola fight for your man. we all know Kelly is lying through her back teeth you just have to prove it.

layla
03-04-2011, 18:27
Kelly a total B-tch. Nicola need to fight dirty. Or she will lose her man. He his a bit dim, memory loss or not. To be taken in by Kelly. When the rest of his family are telling him what she like.

alan45
13-05-2011, 01:54
Emmerdale actress Nicola Wheeler has confirmed that fans will soon see her character's feisty side re-emerge.

The star's alter ego Nicola King has appeared downtrodden in recent months following Kelly Windsor's (Adele Silva) successful scheme to steal away her husband Jimmy.

Although amnesiac Jimmy (Nick Miles) has since seen Kelly's true colours, a reunion for him and Nicola still seems off the cards - even after more of Jimmy's memories return late next week.

Speaking to All About Soap on the pair's future, Wheeler explained: "Deep down, Nicola wishes there could be a way around it, but it's not about hurt pride anymore - it's about trust. Jimmy slept with Kelly. And as much as Nicola still loves Jimmy, she now can't trust him as far as she can throw him."

She continued: "Things have just gone way too far. Nicola has another bust-up with Kelly and she takes her anger out on Jimmy. There's a real bitterness between them after that and I think viewers will start to see the old hard Nicola that we all know and love. She's a tough cookie really.

"It was quite nice to see Nicola's softer side, but I'm looking forward to her getting some balls again - Jimmy had better watch out!"

Wheeler has previously said that she enjoyed the opportunity to finally show Nicola as "the good guy" on screen.

Perdita
13-05-2011, 05:46
http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?115430-Kelly-Windsor-to-return/page5

Already posted

tammyy2j
23-07-2013, 00:18

tammyy2j
23-07-2013, 00:18
Emmerdale's Nicola King continues to find herself trapped by Steve next week when he invites her to dinner with him and Bernice.

With Jimmy (Nick Miles) still unaware that she borrowed the money from him to pay her daughter Angel's school fees, Nicola desperately tries to get out of going, but Jimmy insists.

Feeling more embroiled in her lies than ever, Nicola eventually tells Steve to stop pestering her or she will tell Jimmy what Steve is up to. But will he leave her alone?

Here, Nicola Wheeler - who plays Nicola in the soap - talks about her character's tricky situation and teases what could happen next with Steve.

Why does Steve invite Jimmy and Nicola to dinner?
"Steve has a new tactic. He's trying to get to Nicola through Jimmy now because Nicola is saying 'no' to everything. When she confronts her he denies it, and she doesn't have concrete evidence that he is trying to seduce her anyway. He is very clever and turns it round and says she is full of herself and that is not what he is intending. She feels confused by him."

How does the dinner go?
"The dinner itself doesn't go well as Steve thinks it is fun to reveal the restaurant they went to – he makes a comment only Nicola and the audience know is aimed at her. He says to Bernice and Jimmy, 'Have you tried that new restaurant?' He is clever at playing her, she hates it and doesn't want to be there. All day she tries to come up with excuses and Jimmy is adamant that they are going. She has to pretend for Bernice's sake. She lies to Jimmy and says Bernice and her had a row, but she has to laugh at Steve's jokes."

How does Nicola feel about Steve's behaviour?
"She feels confused. The writers on Emmerdale love the word 'discombobulated', and that is a really good way to describe how she feels. She is not quite sure, he is really making her feel strange as he wrong foots her all the time. She is not sure if she is imagining it or whether she could be just paranoid. Very disorientating!"

What is Steve doing? Is he making passes at her?
"No, he makes the odd salacious comment, but the trouble is with any comment you can say 'I was joking', which is what he does. Nicola thinks it is going further than it needs to, and you don't want that coming from your sister's boyfriend. She doesn't want him flirting with her and making comments."

She doesn't want to upset Bernice though, does she?
"Yes, but don't forget, Nicola got Steve and Bernice together and she feels responsible. Nicola has said 'I got over Carlos years ago'. She is not doing it because Bernice did it to her. Besides, she loves Jimmy."

Does Nicola fancy Steve?
"No, she doesn't, but what she finds attractive is his lifestyle. He has a very first class lifestyle. She is a snob and he has tapped into that, and he knows that's what she really is. As the weeks go on, he starts playing her even more by taking Bernice out for lovely trips to make her jealous and it works."

So she likes being around him?
"Yes, the fact is, she will happily accept money - for example, the car. When he offered to pay when she put the wrong fuel in the car, she should have refused. It cost a fortune. When you do that, you have to put up with some sort of behaviour. She's never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth."

Why doesn't she just tell Jimmy she took money from Steve?
"She owes him £10,000 - which is a lot of money - and she lied to everyone else, including Jimmy, that Angel got a bursary for the school. It is not just the borrowing of the money, it is also the whopping great lie she has told."

Does she want to have an affair with Steve?
"I haven't filmed anything along those lines, but there are rumours she may have a moment of questioning."

She loves Jimmy though, doesn't she?
"Yes, but there could be a moment she is tempted by Steve - he doesn't freak her out. It is really more that he is her sister's boyfriend and that's what annoys her, he thinks he can get away with that behaviour. She has told him to back off, yet he continues. She wants to say to Jimmy, 'Can't you just fix it – can't you just sort him out', but she can't as then Jimmy will find out about everything else. She is essentially trapped at the moment."

Does Bernice suspect anything?
"Yes, she thinks Steve is interested in somebody else, so Nicola is comforting her and saying she will keep her eye out and warn him off. She is caught in the middle of it all."

How would Jimmy feel if he knew?
"Jimmy would go ballistic, as she has told a huge massive lie. When Jimmy told her they didn't have the money for the school, that is what started it all. And because she has a secret between her and another man, understandably I think any husband would go mad at [that]. Surely they would just ask, 'What did you think he was after? No man loans a woman £10,000 for nothing, family or not.' She knows the grief Jimmy would give her.

"When Steve offered the loan, she did ask him if it came with strings and then when he denied it, she took him for his word. Now she is trapped – owing all this money and only one way he thinks she can pay him back."

Does she wants different things to Jimmy?
"She wants more than Jimmy does. Her attitude is, 'If we want the best for our daughter, we have to work harder'. She has asked Jimmy to step it up and show some ambition, yet Jimmy is happy to just trundle along with life as it is. Nicola wanted to reignite the passion and entrepreneurism in Jimmy, but it hasn't worked. So I think this is why Steve is a temptation."

Does she feel lucky to have Jimmy or does she take him for granted?
"You can't tame a wild animal and that is the problem Jimmy has got. He has got to give Nicola a little bit of excitement, otherwise she will find it herself!"

How does she feel when Steve wipes the debt?
"She says to him, 'That is it, it has to stop as Bernice is suspicious about another woman.' He is off taking Bernice for a romantic weekend and she thinks he is backing off and he says, 'I am going to clear the debt', and he says it is no strings attached. She tells Diane, but I think it doesn't take long before she realises that is not the case."

Why is he taking Bernice away?
"He does it completely on purpose to wind Nicola up. Jimmy says, 'We love ********horpe, don't we Nico?' and she is thinking, 'Shut up, I would rather be going to Paris for the weekend.' Steve is showing Nicola the lifestyle she could have, but she would have to be a bit on the side. She has the person who offers the lifestyle she wants, but a man she loves. Love or cash?"

What do you think Nicola should she do?
"I would say, 'Out him.' Admit everything to Jimmy. If that was my sister's boyfriend, I would want her to know. You would admit all your wrongs, say, 'Yes I was greedy, he offered me a lifeline and I should have though about the repercussions.'"

Does she think she can get way with it?
"No, she is panicking and thinking she will have to tell Jimmy as it can't continue anymore. Steve realises that, which is why he changes tactics. Nicola realises it is a game, he starts to do other tricks which start to interfere with work. Steve knows to tap into her pride. The minute you stroke Nicola's ego she is putty in your hands - which is great to play, I love playing Nicola. Buy her a handbag, tell her she is pretty and you can have her."

Will this go somewhere, then?
"Yes, I think it is going to drive a huge wedge between Nicola and Jimmy's relationship because eventually all secrets come out. It's soap."

What do viewers think of them as a couple?
"They love Nicola and Jimmy together. It is funny people still refer to Nicola as a bitch, but for the first time, somebody said, 'She is not a bitch any more', I was like, 'Hallelujah, somebody has noticed!' It is amazing how mud sticks. Over the last few years, she is not what she used to be – a person who would sell someone's grandma for a quick buck."

Perdita
24-09-2013, 05:35
Emmerdale's Nicola King is left distraught this fortnight as her marriage to Jimmy hits a new crisis.

After the issue of Nicola's mistake with Steve Harland causes more tension, a distracted Jimmy suffers a road crash while out doing a haulage job. The accident is a wake-up call for Nicola, but Jimmy seems ready to give up on their relationship altogether.

Here, Nicola Wheeler - who plays Nicola - explains why the couple are on the rocks and if there's any chance of getting things back on track.

We'll soon see Jimmy have a road crash while doing a haulage job. What are the last words Jimmy and Nicola have before the crash?
"Jimmy's last words to Nicola are something along the lines of, 'Sorry, you've already missed me'. She's trying to speak to him, having had a huge row in the street over Steve, with Nicola basically reaching the end of her tether about the whole scenario and saying to Jimmy that actually at least Steve had something to offer that he doesn't. So she was actually quite vile to him, but it was because she lost her temper."

How does Nicola feel about the whole Steve business now?
"She feels like a complete mug and she feels ridiculous. Obviously, with hindsight, yes you don't get ten grand for nothing. She sort of realises that as much as she thought she had a handle on the situation, she absolutely didn't - the ball was always in Steve's court. So it was always going to come out and it was always going to get messy, so she feels an idiot.

"Steve knew how to play her. He sort of realised that coming on strong didn't work so then he backed off and that started to work. He realised that stroking her ego and making her feel like an equal was the way to go."

Nicola blames herself for Jimmy's crash. Why is that?
"It's because obviously Jimmy's working all the hours God sends to get the cash back, because he's taken the money from the business to pay Steve back. So obviously Nicola knows he's tired and that's probably why he had the accident. She feels responsible."

Charity also urges Nicola to cover for Jimmy because he's been working too many hours…
"Yes, she covers to the police for Jimmy's sake. Obviously Jimmy could go to prison for doctoring the books, so obviously her attitude is, 'Okay, well I'll cover'. She's not doing it for Charity - she's doing it for Jimmy and also to save the business because obviously, any black mark that goes against the business is also a black mark that goes against Jimmy."

But Jimmy refuses to lie to cover his own back…
"Yes, it causes a strange emotion in Nicola, because obviously in telling the truth, Jimmy then incriminates her. Nicola has told a lie to the police about the number of hours that he's been working. She's shocked that she could be in trouble, and she also thinks that Jimmy must have hit his head and become confused, because potentially he could go to prison. It's a serious offence."

What happens next?
"Jimmy tells her it's over. He tells her to get out, he doesn't want to see her and says he's had enough. Nicola is devastated. She's also thinking that the only thing that happened is one kiss. She even brings up Kelly, saying 'Hang on, all I did was give him one kiss. I didn't sleep with him. I didn't take it any further than that'.

"So I think there's a small part of Nicola and also me as the actress that goes, 'Yeah you're overreacting a little bit, I can understand you're peed off with her. But she actually stopped it going further than it needed to'.

"Nicola was stupid but she was doing it for the right reasons. She should've told Jimmy from the off and borrowed the money, but borrowed it legitimately. The minute you go behind your partner's back it's going to eventually come out and seem a bit seedy."

Nicola tries to help Jimmy out by doing his deliveries. How does she feel about working for Charity?
"She's a bit freaked out at first because she says she's never driven anything more than the Home Farm four by fours as such. So Charity gives her a driving lesson and I think Nicola nearly kills them both!"

What was that scene like to film?
"It was a fun scene to film, but Emma [Atkins] and I love working together anyway. We always have such a laugh because our characters are hilarious. It's all about one-upmanship and who can get the better of who.

"We do have some corking scenes, especially when Nicola's lie is revealed to PC Swirling and he comes down on her about why she didn't tell the truth. There's a hilarious scene where Charity does start to defend her by revealing all the tragedy that Nicola's going through. But in the way that Charity does it, she's literally slagging Nicola off. Nicola can't say anything so it's all just glares between the two like, 'I'm going to kill you when he's gone'.

"Charity gives Nicola a driving lesson and we did have good laugh doing it and the idea is that she eventually gets the hang of it but then crashes into the Woolpack bench. Nicola's retort is, 'Well no-one was sitting there at least'."

Nicola is also working at the factory, isn't she?
"Yes, at the moment she's stuck between doing two jobs because she's still working for Jai, who pulls her out of the factory floor and into the office again. You'd think she'd be happier in the office, but this is the bizarre thing about Nicola - she wants to prove to Jimmy that she's not a snob. In actual fact she's going, 'Please, no, I don't want to be in the office'."

How do you feel about wearing the factory uniform?
"Oh, it's hideous! I had a scene with Charlotte Bellamy and I actually said to wardrobe, 'How can you do this to us'? They wouldn't let us take our hats off. It's the end of the day and we had this long scene. I said 'Can we not?' and they said 'No, for continuity you should technically have your hats on'. I was going 'No! You surely can't do this? We look hideous in them!'"

How will Nicola save her marriage?
"I think she's optimistic that she's going to keep pecking her way at Jimmy. It's the whole thing of proving to him that she is going to work and she is going to put the time and the effort in. It is a big thing and I think Jimmy is impressed with the truck driving because what she's doing is keeping the business going.

"Obviously someone needs to be in the office and so that's what Charity's argument is - that she needs to be in the office and Nicola needs to be out doing deliveries."

Do you still think Nicola and Jimmy are well-suited?
"Yes, they are. However, if you ask me, 'Should she have someone rich?', then yes, because then the costumes would be lovely. I'd go to all the nice shops! But yeah, they are suited. The worst thing is if your character's a snob, you don't give the snob the money because then it goes boring."

Jimmy does come home for Angel's sake in the end, so how are things for him and Nicola then?
"I think Nicola's just relieved that at least he's back home, but it's for the wrong reason. She wishes he'd come home for her. However, she's also relieved because Angel's been suffering and misses her daddy."

Are there more fireworks ahead for Jimmy and Nicola?
"There are, but then something big happens that makes Jimmy realise, be careful what you wish for and you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone…"

alan45
08-10-2013, 00:16
Emmerdale's Nicola King fears that she'll never see her family again next week when she becomes one of Cameron Murray's hostages at The Woolpack.

With Nicola's husband Jimmy still behaving coldly towards her after their recent rows, their relationship remains under strain - but will the scary pub situation put things into perspective?

Here, Nicola Wheeler - who plays Nicola - reveals how her character copes in a quick chat about the storyline.

Nicola is one of the villagers who is held hostage by Cameron. Is it a case of her being in the wrong place at the wrong time?
"It most certainly is. She should have been in the pub with Jimmy but they have an argument and Jimmy goes home. Nicola goes to the pub alone."

Nicola is quite a feisty character. Is she brave enough to stand up to someone like Cameron even though he has a gun?
"Even Nicola, as feisty as she is, realises that when a gun is pointing at you it's probably best to keep your mouth shut!"

Was Dominic Power scary as Cameron when he was holding the gun?
"Never mind the gun, Dominic as Cameron was scary full stop! There was no acting required when it came to being fearful! Luckily, Dominic didn't stay in character after the takes which was a relief!"

Does Nicola do anything heroic?
"No. In fact, her mindset was more 'every man for themselves'."

© ITV
Cameron back in the village

Does Jimmy know Nicola is trapped in the pub?
"At the point of Cameron entering The Woolpack, Jimmy isn't around and doesn't know that she is caught up in this hostage situation. Also, none of the hostages can get word to anyone on the outside. We know the police are there, and we know the police know Cameron is in the pub, but we don't know if our loved ones are aware of the fact we have been taken hostage.

"So as far as Nicola is concerned, Jimmy could be sat at home watching telly, still in a bad mood with her and wanting them to split up."

Nicola is still desperate to make up with Jimmy. Is she thinking about Jimmy and Angel? Is she scared for her life?
"Yes, probably more so about Angel. Everyone is scared for their lives. It's obvious Cameron is completely unhinged."

We've heard about the terrible weather involved in the storyline. Have you filmed at all in the rain?
"All I can say is imagine a bucket of ice-cold water being poured over your head!"

© ITV
Jimmy and Nicola

What was your reaction when you first saw the script and how this story unfolds?
"I thought it was a brilliant idea. It has a really exciting twist. Just when we thought we had gotten rid of Cameron and his murdering ways, suddenly he's back, perhaps to commit one more murder!"

Were you shocked to see which character is shot?
"Yes, because the bullet shouldn't have hit that character. It was heading for someone else…"

Are you looking forward to watching it all unfold on screen?
"I am, yes. Having seen Charley, Dominic and Lucy's performances and been part of all that, I am very excited."

alan45
08-10-2013, 00:16
Emmerdale's Nicola King fears that she'll never see her family again next week when she becomes one of Cameron Murray's hostages at The Woolpack.

With Nicola's husband Jimmy still behaving coldly towards her after their recent rows, their relationship remains under strain - but will the scary pub situation put things into perspective?

Here, Nicola Wheeler - who plays Nicola - reveals how her character copes in a quick chat about the storyline.

Nicola is one of the villagers who is held hostage by Cameron. Is it a case of her being in the wrong place at the wrong time?
"It most certainly is. She should have been in the pub with Jimmy but they have an argument and Jimmy goes home. Nicola goes to the pub alone."

Nicola is quite a feisty character. Is she brave enough to stand up to someone like Cameron even though he has a gun?
"Even Nicola, as feisty as she is, realises that when a gun is pointing at you it's probably best to keep your mouth shut!"

Was Dominic Power scary as Cameron when he was holding the gun?
"Never mind the gun, Dominic as Cameron was scary full stop! There was no acting required when it came to being fearful! Luckily, Dominic didn't stay in character after the takes which was a relief!"

Does Nicola do anything heroic?
"No. In fact, her mindset was more 'every man for themselves'."

© ITV
Cameron back in the village

Does Jimmy know Nicola is trapped in the pub?
"At the point of Cameron entering The Woolpack, Jimmy isn't around and doesn't know that she is caught up in this hostage situation. Also, none of the hostages can get word to anyone on the outside. We know the police are there, and we know the police know Cameron is in the pub, but we don't know if our loved ones are aware of the fact we have been taken hostage.

"So as far as Nicola is concerned, Jimmy could be sat at home watching telly, still in a bad mood with her and wanting them to split up."

Nicola is still desperate to make up with Jimmy. Is she thinking about Jimmy and Angel? Is she scared for her life?
"Yes, probably more so about Angel. Everyone is scared for their lives. It's obvious Cameron is completely unhinged."

We've heard about the terrible weather involved in the storyline. Have you filmed at all in the rain?
"All I can say is imagine a bucket of ice-cold water being poured over your head!"

© ITV
Jimmy and Nicola

What was your reaction when you first saw the script and how this story unfolds?
"I thought it was a brilliant idea. It has a really exciting twist. Just when we thought we had gotten rid of Cameron and his murdering ways, suddenly he's back, perhaps to commit one more murder!"

Were you shocked to see which character is shot?
"Yes, because the bullet shouldn't have hit that character. It was heading for someone else…"

Are you looking forward to watching it all unfold on screen?
"I am, yes. Having seen Charley, Dominic and Lucy's performances and been part of all that, I am very excited."

Perdita
26-03-2014, 10:51
Emmerdale star Nicola Wheeler has said that she is happy to stay on the show for as long as possible.

The actress has played the role of Nicola King since 2001. She departed the role in 2006 but returned to the soap 18 months later.

Speaking to Soaplife, she said: "When I first joined, I said it was only going to be for two years, but I enjoy the job so much I've stayed even though I had 18 months out.

"It is nice as an actor to have constant work. Even Hollywood stars have down time, the difference is, they've earned millions to get there.

"In Emmerdale, I get the chance to work with different people and I love Nicola as a character. She has her moments of being truly horrendous, but she can also be so entertaining."
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/38/618x455/soaps-emmerdale-6674-4.jpg
Can Nicola win Jimmy back before it's too late?
© ITV
Nicola and Jimmy in Emmerdale

Wheeler also revealed that she isn't fazed about turning 40 next month, adding: "Age doesn't bother me. You won't find me asking for Botox as a birthday gift.

"I'm really looking forward to it as I am going to the Grand National to celebrate with family and friends."

lizann
27-03-2014, 23:24
i didn't think she would let jimmy make a deal with charity but glad she is staying

helena1414
28-03-2014, 14:52
40? Really. She looks younger.

Perdita
02-12-2014, 05:26
Emmerdale's Nicola King will share some happy news with her husband Jimmy next week after leaning she is pregnant.

Viewers have seen the couple's marriage be tested in recent months following the shock revelation that Jimmy had inadvertently fathered a baby boy due to a mix-up at the sperm bank.

After Jimmy was forced to cease contact with his newborn son, Nicola decided that they should try for another child of their own, which meant him undergoing a vasectomy reversal.

Next week as Jimmy is in pain following his operation, Nicola and Bernice decide to go on a health kick but soon find themselves being lead astray.

The following day, Nicola believes she is suffering from a hangover but after being sick, she decides to head out and buy a pregnancy test.

Nicola is soon left in no doubt after taking several tests and is delighted to find out she is pregnant.

As her and Bernice rush to the pub to tell Jimmy, he is equally delighted but as they celebrate their happy news, Bernice soon grows envious and comes up with a novel way to join in.
http://i2.cdnds.net/14/48/618x435/soaps-emmerdale-7049-1.jpg
Nicola is soon left in no doubt after doing lots of pregnancy tests and is delighted to find out she is pregnant, she and Bernice rush to the pub to tell Jimmy.
© ITV
Nicola has news for Jimmy

Emmerdale airs these scenes next week on ITV.

tammyy2j
02-12-2014, 15:04
Bernice soon grows envious and comes up with a novel way to join in

Does she want a baby by Jimmy too :p

tammyy2j
02-12-2014, 15:04

Perdita
17-02-2015, 10:44
Emmerdale star Nicola Wheeler is pregnant with her first child, it has been announced.

The actress, who plays Nicola King on the ITV soap, has already filmed her exit scenes and is now on maternity leave.

Fans have been speculating in recent weeks about the possibility that Wheeler might be pregnant, but it has now been confirmed for the first time.

Bosses are keeping tight lipped at the moment over Nicola's exit storyline and how she will depart the village.

However, scenes next week will see her and husband Jimmy run into some problems when Nicola is questioned over kidnapping Priya's baby Amba, after she offers to take her for a walk.
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/07/618x415/soaps-emmerdale-7115-3.jpg
Will Nicola be won over by Jimmy?
© ITV
Nicola and Jimmy run into problems next week.

When Nicola doesn't return with Amba on time since they get locked in a barn, a panicked Priya raises the alarm and calls the police.

Although Nicola eventually returns with Amba, she is left deeply hurt when she realises that even Jimmy doubted her.

Perdita
23-02-2015, 11:51
Emmerdale star Nicola Wheeler refused the offer of rejecting her character's miscarriage storyline following the discovery that she was pregnant.

The actress, who plays Nicola King on the ITV soap, is expecting her first child and has already gone on maternity leave.
http://i1.cdnds.net/14/49/618x386/soaps-emmerdale-7066-3.jpg
Nicola reveals the truth
© ITV

Viewers know that Wheeler's character Nicola King tragically suffered a miscarriage over the Christmas period, however, bosses gave the actress the choice not to go through with the plot due to her real-life pregnancy.

Wheeler told TV Biz: "Emmerdale would have changed the storyline if I wasn't OK with it, which was really nice. But you have a responsibility.

"Being pregnant is my private life but I'm hired as an actor to perform what they give me - and I do think it's an important part of pregnancy to show, because it is devastating.

"I've had friends who have had miscarriages and it's a really tough time to go through."
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/03/618x421/soaps-emmerdale-7090-2.jpg
Nicola's gobsmacked by what the doctor tells her.
© ITV
Nicola suffered a miscarriage.

Although Wheeler decided to proceed with the storyline, she admitted that it has had more of an impact on her than she initially thought.

She said: "There's an element of you that thinks, 'If I'm doing a not-so-happy storyline, is that affecting my body or my baby?'

"Once I had released all that emotion I could stop after a take, touch my bump and feel my baby wiggling around and giving me a good old kick. When the scene was over, I could walk away and get back into the real world."
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/07/618x415/soaps-emmerdale-7115-3.jpg
Will Nicola be won over by Jimmy?
© ITV
Nicola and Jimmy in Emmerdale

She added: "I think it was difficult for the actors in the scenes with me because I am there talking about losing a child, yet they can obviously see I am very much pregnant.

"The lady who came in to play the sonographer during the miscarriage scenes felt really strange. We were doing these scenes yet there I was, lying there with a big tummy."

Upcoming episodes this week will see Nicola and husband Jimmy run into problems when she is questioned over kidnapping Priya's baby Amba.

Perdita
15-03-2015, 00:42
Coming up on Emmerdale, Jimmy King desperately tries to convince his wife Nicola that their temporary move to Dubai isn't a good idea.

While Nicola is eagerly awaiting her opportunity to work abroad for six months, Jimmy (Nick Miles) is far from excited over the prospect of becoming a house husband for so long.

In a last-ditch attempt to put Nicola (Nicola Wheeler) off the idea, Jimmy holes himself up in the salon, strips off and places himself under a hairdryer.

When Nicola asks for an explanation, Jimmy claims that he is simply trying to acclimatise himself to the oppressive temperatures they will encounter in Dubai.

Jimmy also makes a show of having to drink non-alcoholic beer and shares his 'concerns' over poisonous insects in Dubai, but will this be enough to give Nicola food for thought?
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/11/618x415/soaps-emmerdale-nicola-king-jimmy-king-dubai-plan.jpg
Jimmy tries to manipulate Nicola
© ITV
Jimmy tries to manipulate Nicola

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Friday, March 20 at 7pm on ITV.

Perdita
17-03-2015, 02:28
Emmerdale airs Nicola Wheeler's temporary exit scenes next week as her character Nicola King heads off to Dubai for her new job.

The storyline allows the actress to take six months away from the ITV soap as she is currently pregnant with her first child.

Here, Nicola chats about her on-screen departure and whether this could be the end for her feisty character's marriage to husband Jimmy.

Has it been strange to play storylines about Nicola desperately wanting another baby while pregnant yourself?
"I think it's been weirder for everyone else around me, especially when we did the hospital scenes after Nicola had a miscarriage but I had this big egg in front of me! Obviously the shots were all high enough so viewers didn't see my baby bump in the hospital gown. I was in the scene with Charlotte Bellamy and Sam Giles and they knew I was pregnant, but we had a lovely lady who came in to play the sonographer and she was surprised!

"It's a bit weird when you're saying, 'I wanted this baby' when you've still got a baby inside you. People were a bit freaked out, but you just take it in your stride, don't you? I found a quiet comfort in it because you're playing something that is so devastating but I could touch my baby and say, 'You're alright'. It's not something that's very pleasant for women to go through and I totally understand the devastation."

How have you hidden the baby bump?
"Not very well, according to my Twitter feed! The hilarious thing has been the response on there! When people were asking if I was pregnant, I was so tempted to just say, 'No I've just put loads of weight on!' Nicola has been wearing a coat in lots of scenes and I've literally lived in scarves for the past two months!"

So Nicola's move to Dubai is your maternity exit...
"Yeah, as Nicola has been given this job offer in Dubai for six months. She'll be working to set up a spa in a hotel with a guy called Rafe. We want Rafe in the show - I've already decided that he's a hunk! (Laughs.) Obviously Nicola does go to Dubai in the end, but it's whether or not her departure is with Jimmy's consent or whether it's in the midst of hatred!"

Does Nicola take Angel with her?
"You'll have to watch to find out..."
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/09/618x412/soaps-emmerdale-7127-4.jpg
Jimmy fumes to realise Nicola has been discussing selling his half of the haulage firm
© ITV
Nicola and Jimmy are at odds over Dubai

Why is Nicola so determined to make this move?
"One big moment is when she loses her job at Home Farm for mouthing off, which pushes her in that direction. As far as Nicola's concerned after that, it's great - six months holiday and there's nothing stopping them from leaving. The pay is also excellent.

"I'm hoping Emmerdale are going to do a soap bubble in Dubai! I'm pushing for it, but I don't think it's going to happen! I'm also hoping Nicola comes back with Rafe!"

Are you definitely away for six months?
"Yeah, I'm taking six months maternity leave. I'm looking forward to it. It's been great because Emma Atkins [who plays Charity] is also pregnant and our due dates are a day apart. The race is on now! We met up recently and said, 'We might see each other before we give birth, but if not, see you on the dark side!'"

Were you nervous about telling Emmerdale's producer Kate Oates about your pregnancy, in case it threw a spanner in the works storyline-wise?
"Yeah. I think they already had the menopause story going ahead, so it was difficult. They were lovely and they did check if I was okay doing that story, but I said I was fine. You do worry because Emma and I both knew that each other were pregnant. Have you noticed it's all the women to do with Jimmy, because Adele Silva is pregnant too?!

"I think Emmerdale are great, though - it's a family soap and they're happy for their female or male cast members to take maternity or paternity leave. I'm excited about the pregnancy and it's a long time coming - I'm an old mother!"
http://i2.cdnds.net/15/03/618x421/soaps-emmerdale-7090-2.jpg
Nicola's gobsmacked by what the doctor tells her.
© ITV
Nicola has featured in tough stories in recent months

Obviously you're leaving for now, but are you happy to stay on Emmerdale?
"Yeah, I'm quite happy and I am coming back. Who I come back with and how I come back will be revealed. I will return to work in September and then Nicola will arrive back on screen in October, November time. Although I'm worried about baby brain - I've already got it now and Lucy Pargeter has said that it doesn't get any easier! I'm wondering, 'How am I going to learn lines with baby brain?!'"

Do you think Nicola will come to terms with not having another baby?
"I think she'll learn to deal with it in her own way. She can be a bit of an escapist and this Dubai move is about channelling her anger into something else. Earlier in the year, she was literally attacking Jimmy to make another baby and now she's throwing herself into work.

"I don't know yet why Nicola is going to come back because her attitude when she leaves is 'After six months, who knows?' So I'm guessing she's going to mess up royally. She's going to do something wrong - it's Nicola style. She'll probably bankrupt their hotel!"
http://i1.cdnds.net/15/11/618x444/soaps-emmerdale-7138-3.jpg
Nicola and Jimmy arrive at check in
© ITV
Nicola and Jimmy arrive at check in

We know there are some big scenes at the airport coming up...
"Yeah, it's a big hoo-ha as to whether Jimmy is going with her or not. The thing for the audience is whether they part on good or bad terms. You'll have to watch to find out if they stay together."

Would you be sad if you came back to the show and Nicola and Jimmy weren't together?
"If we do leave on very bad terms, I think it'd be interesting to play Nicola coming back and seeing whether they sort things out, whether they get back together or if they remain apart. Obviously they do have a child together so there'll always be a connection. It also depends on Rafe and whether Rafe is busy! (Laughs.)

"Nick Miles [who plays Jimmy] and I really enjoy our scenes together. We've got a great opportunity with our characters where they can be ridiculous in one episode and really touching in the next. I always think it'd be a shame if you can't get that back. I wouldn't want to be stuck with somebody I have to be too serious with!"

lizann
18-03-2015, 21:09
i will miss nico

lizann
26-03-2015, 21:00
jimmy needs his nico back for good

Perdita
03-04-2015, 11:05
Emmerdale star Nicola Wheeler gave birth to a baby boy last month.

The actress, who plays Nicola King on the ITV soap, welcomed her first child on March 13, but the news was only confirmed today.

Emmerdale aired Wheeler's temporary exit scenes last month as her character Nicola headed off to Dubai for her new job.

Wheeler has previously admitted that she continued with Nicola's miscarriage plot, despite the soap bosses offering to change it due to her real life pregnancy.

Congrats :D

Telly Watcher
03-11-2015, 02:44
Emmerdale spoilers: Nicola King has a confession to make when she returns

By Daniel Kilkelly
Tuesday, Nov 3 2015, 00:01 GMT

Emmerdale's Nicola King will be hiding a secret when she returns to the village next week.

Nicola has spent the past few months working in Dubai, but she surprises her husband Jimmy (Nick Miles) by returning home earlier than expected.

Mystery surrounds the reason behind Nicola's unexpected change in plans, but it's not long before she confides in her best friend Laurel Dingle by revealing the truth.

Nicola Wheeler, who plays Nicola, explained: "Nicola ends up coming back to the village a little bit early, under circumstances that she's not willing to share. She only confesses the truth to Laurel.

"Nicola is pleased to be home, but she has a big confession to tell Jimmy and he's not going to be happy about it. She is coming home with her tail between her legs.

"The only teaser I will give is that Nicola has no money when she comes back. She's earned a lot of money but she returns with none, and there is a reason for that."

Although Nicola is nervous about the news she has to share with Jimmy, she is stopped in her tracks and keeps quiet when she discovers that he has sold their home without telling her.

Wheeler continued: "Because of what Nicola comes home to, her issues get put to one side and what Jimmy has done becomes a bigger problem. She goes nuclear when she finds out. She's furious, as you would be - it's like going away for a long holiday and coming home to find that your home has been sold from underneath you.

"Nicola is calling the shots and telling Jimmy that it's divorce time now. To add insult to injury, they've not only lost their home but they've lost all of their belongings too. She's even more infuriated when Jimmy seems to think that her money will help them out, whereas she knows that she doesn't have any."

With Jimmy in the doghouse, he soon realises that it'll take another grand gesture to get back in Nicola's good books.

Wheeler laughed: "All I'm going to say is that Jimmy and Nicola have always enjoyed a bit of a role play, so it'll be up to the viewers to tune in and find out what they'll be doing on this particular evening. It involves fruit - very large fruit!

"With Jimmy and Nicola, even when they're screaming that they hate each other, deep down they do love each other. Obviously there'll have to be confessions on both sides before things are mended."

Wheeler gave birth to a baby boy - her first child - in April and has spent most of this year on maternity leave. She returned to filming at the ITV soap a few weeks ago.

She said: "It's good fun being back. My first scene was insulting somebody, so it was great to be back as Nicola and being horrible again!

"It's hard work mixing motherhood and work and trying to remember my lines. Your memory is a muscle and it can be a struggle if you don't use it for a while. I've had massive baby brain, but maybe this will sharpen me up again!"

Emmerdale airs Nicola's return on Wednesday, November 11 at 7pm on ITV.

Source:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s12/emmerdale/news/a676909/emmerdale-spoilers-nicola-king-has-a-confession-to-make-when-she-returns.html

Telly Watcher
03-11-2015, 02:46
So has Nicola been gambling on the racehorses or even bought a share in one whilst she was working in Dubai? Time will tell!

maidmarian
03-11-2015, 03:16
So has Nicola been gambling on the racehorses or even bought a share in one whilst she was working in Dubai? Time will tell!

Well if she has no money because she's
invested in a race horse and it starts to
win - that could be the answer to their
financial woes-in time?
They always seems to be a miracle escape
from money problems in Soaps-no so
in real life?!

maidmarian
03-11-2015, 03:16
Dupl

Perdita
03-11-2015, 04:51
Well if she has no money because she's
invested in a race horse and it starts to
win - that could be the answer to their
financial woes-in time?
They always seems to be a miracle escape
from money problems in Soaps-no so
in real life?!

But those miracle escapes never last long and they are soon back where they were before :p

Perdita
19-11-2015, 13:56
Emmerdale star Nicola Wheeler has admitted that she is happy for her character Nicola King to take a backseat following a return to the soap.

The actress welcomed her first child in March this year and was temporarily written out of the show to pave the way for her maternity leave.

Although Nicola headed to Dubai following a job offer, recent scenes have seen her return to her husband Jimmy and some slightly different living arrangements.

Speaking about what is coming up for Nicola now she is back in the village, Wheeler said to Soaplife: "I can't tell you, but once my son is a bit older, I will be saying to them, 'Give me a story!'.

"But for the time being, however, I am happy not to be in the thick of things."
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/44/1280x733/gallery_soaps-emmerdale-w46-e7344-01.jpg
Can Jimmy win back Nicola with his latest idea?
© ITV
Wheeler also opened up about motherhood, revealing that returning to work after being on maternity leave has been a shock.

She said: "Everyone said I would feel different but I underestimated exactly how different.

"Going back to work was a bit like going back to school. I used to consider my job to be easy, but now I'm a mum, learning lines and getting my act together is much harder.

"It's changed my life for the better but when I was pregnant, I didn't really take heed of the people who told me to make the most of resting whilst I could."

Perdita
26-07-2016, 10:20
Emmerdale's Nicola King cheats on her husband Jimmy by sharing a kiss with Dan Spencer next week.

Nicola (Nicola Wheeler) gives into temptation as Dan continues to support her following her recent involvement in the Mill Cottage fire, which left her partially paralysed.

When Nicola convinces Dan (Liam Fox) to help her do some physio next week, there's clearly a romantic spark between them as they work together.

Sadly, Nicola later receives the devastating news that she may never make a full recovery and while Dan is hugely supportive of her, Jimmy struggles to deal with the revelation when she finally confides in him too.

Upset that Jimmy now appears to see her differently, Nicola turns back to Dan and plants a kiss on him - leaving him totally stunned.
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/29/768x432/gallery-1469368868-soaps-emmerdale-nicola-king-dan-spencer-2.jpg
Nicola King and Dan Spencer grow closer in Emmerdale
© ITV
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/29/768x432/gallery-1469368918-soaps-emmerdale-nicola-king-dan-spencer-3.jpg
Nicola King and Dan Spencer grow closer in Emmerdale
© ITV

Making it clear that it can never happen again as he's happy with his partner Kerry Wyatt, a shellshocked Dan refuses to do physio with Nicola ever again.

After several apologies from Nicola, Dan is finally convinced to continue with the physio after all - just as friends, of course. But could this new Emmerdale pairing just be burying their mutual attraction? Watch this space...

Emmerdale airs the kiss on Wednesday, August 3 at 7pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

lizann
27-07-2016, 00:43
did dan pass his exams to be an ambulance driver or nurse, he wanted to do something health care related after ruby died, what is he studying?

Perdita
26-05-2017, 11:38
Emmerdale sex blunder for Nicola King as she makes one of her biggest mistakes yet
Emmerdale couple Nicola and Jimmy King will make a huge blunder next week while getting passionate at the factory.
The pair are thrown into a brand new nightmare when they get amorous after hours and end up destroying an important factory order of chocolate swans.
Realising they are in big trouble, the duo stay up all night trying to reproduce the vast number of swans in order to meet the deadline.
Sadly, their efforts are to no avail and when staff arrive the following day, Nicola is forced to resort to drastic measures in a bid to get out of this mess.
As everyone questions what's happened to the swans, Nicola feigns outrage and diverts the blame onto the innocent workers. But how will they react to Nicola's false accusations? And will they be out for revenge?
https://fb-s-b-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-fbx/v/t1.0-9/18670950_231010960728856_5897841927563817580_n.jpg ?oh=9fbcd05732199a56cb5938bdb1f6ed06&oe=59B44CF6&__gda__=1504932411_a87d7b719a6dfea61434e7eb307dcf9 chttps://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18622153_231010980728854_7438440402919079383_n.jpg ?oh=6cf7f153ad1b9864b429dc8504fc8931&oe=599C638A

Digital Spy

lizann
21-11-2018, 21:24
another job for nico, surrogate for robron?

EddyBee
24-11-2018, 06:58
It's good to see Nicola get a big story line of her own. It's about time too. :)

I'm not sure about her challenging Kim Tate's business interests but that's another subject.

lizann
20-10-2022, 23:40
charles affair?