PDA

View Full Version : sir ian mckellen this sundaY!

chance
25-04-2005, 17:42
Sir Ian McKellen will make his first Coronation Street appearance this Sunday (May 1st), it has been confirmed.

The actor will play an author called Mel Hutchwright in a ten-episode storyline, to air over two months. Mel arrives at a Weatherfield Book Club meeting after receiving a letter from his biggest fan - Emily Bishop - and before too long he is invited to move in with her.

"The script is hilarious," said McKellen, "and well up to the Street's current high standards as the UK's most popular television programme." Appearing on the soap will be his last remaining ambition.

Corrie producer Tony Wood added: "We are delighted that an actor of Ian McKellen's calibre has agreed to appear in the show. It is a testament to the direction we have been taking the show over the last 12 months."

Saye2213
27-04-2005, 15:32
Gandalf!!!!! I can't wait!!

Katy
27-04-2005, 22:42
He should be good

SoapRach
29-04-2005, 13:21
Did anyone see the advert last night for it? Very unlike Coronation St - they had clips of him in it. I know that it's good that he's making an appearance but i'm a bit disappointed that they feel that's all that they feel sells the programme - it's better than that!

dddMac1
29-04-2005, 14:55
i cant wait to see it should be a laugh