PDA

View Full Version : what makeup do you always use?

stacyefc
25-04-2005, 15:35
i always like to wear clear lipgloss or a light pink one.

i try not to wear makeup cos i can never be bothered putting it on, however if am having a "spotty or ugly day" or if i've got nothing to do i'll wear foundation and sometimes powder. i love the ruby and millie foundation or the loreal one.

what makeup do yous all wear?

*vcl*
25-04-2005, 16:46
i always like to wear clear lipgloss or a light pink one.

i try not to wear makeup cos i can never be bothered putting it on, however if am having a "spotty or ugly day" or if i've got nothing to do i'll wear foundation and sometimes powder. i love the ruby and millie foundation or the loreal one.

what makeup do yous all wear? I wouldnt be brave enough to go to work without all my " war paint " on, If im slobbing about the house on a day off when i may not see anyone then i dont bother but,

Im really liking this new mousse foundation it fantastic at giving an even complexion and last all day in the office. ( cant remeber who its by but its advertised on the telly)

willow
26-04-2005, 16:26
i can't leave the house without my face on!!! i usually use avon or bodyshop stuff. i can't use foundation as i have got really red cheeks and the only way i can cover it up is by using green stuff under foundation and it feels so heavy i don't bother! any tips i would be greatful!!!

chance
26-04-2005, 16:39
i've got a bit of every brand when it comes to make up but my fave is my eyeliner,cant go anywhere without eyeliner on!

.:Kitz:.
27-04-2005, 18:33
Does anybody have any tips for covering pimples/spots? Because my mate has one and she keeps pestering me to help her out but i have no clue what to tell her. We read through the mags but they don't help. Please reply because she is driving me INSANE!!!!!

RealityGap
28-04-2005, 10:29
I don't often wear make up. Can't be bothered if truth be told!! Although I love buying the stuff and have a huge collection of Clinique love the shiny little packages LOL

Kitz - its really hard to cover pimples/spots as they tend to be oily - expecially if squeazed! If you use toner before putting on make up and use a good thick concealer and dab it on rather than rub and do a couple of coats putting powder on between this usually works for me

SoapRach
28-04-2005, 12:11
I find that covering spots makes them look worse than leaving them - and the concealers normally make the spots worse - if you leave them bare they will go faster - of course that depends on what you're doing - i wouldn't go on a date with a spot showing but if you're popping down the shops or somethingtry not to cover them.

phils little sister
28-04-2005, 12:16
I only wear make up when im going out, i wear maxfactor foundation Loreal longitude mascara and rimmel lip gloss and eyeliner and avon eyeshawdow

Bad Wolf
28-04-2005, 12:27
i'm a nightmare for make up, i've got naturally really dark eyes- i always look tired (unless i have a sun tan) so have to wear full eye make up when i go out, other than that i just use bronzer, and lip gloss,

one thing that got pointed out to me the other day though, by the boys on my couse, is that the other girls make too MUCH effort for uni, i go in bare faced, its too much effort when your going to be sat there for two hours,

28-04-2005, 16:02
Kitz - its really hard to cover pimples/spots as they tend to be oily - expecially if squeazed! If you use toner before putting on make up and use a good thick concealer and dab it on rather than rub and do a couple of coats putting powder on between this usually works for me

Great thanks. I'm actually talking to her now and i'll tell her what to do so that should shut her up!!

Abi
28-04-2005, 17:47
i never do out without mascara and foundation/blusher on.

Amber
28-04-2005, 18:11
I love rimmel london & mac.
I don't really need to put on mascara as my lashes are thick and long but it depends how I feel. My eyes are blue/green so I wear dark green, blue or black eyeliner. I use lots of different colours of eyeshadow like black/grey, green, blue, pink, cream/white, dark purple, the list just goes on.

I love lipgloss. My favourite @ the mo' is that double ended rimmel london one in "kiss'n'tell". It brightens up my face :o. I use foundation if I need to but sometimes it looks a bit strange on me :eek:!

Jade
28-04-2005, 21:30
I am so rubbish with make up!!! I wear it when I go out but not during the day. I cant wear foundation or anything like that as it just makes me look odd!!!

I dont wear it to work as I want to look different when I go out at night!

Sherbs
29-04-2005, 10:31
Kitz........Try a flesh coloured mascara......yes i know its mascara, but god its good for hiding spots.
I use my wifes all the time if i have spots, and once i have used it, they seem to clear up quite quick too, might be just a coincedence the last bit though.

chance
30-04-2005, 20:15
how can you get flesh coloured mascaras may i ask? dont they just come in black brown and blue?

.:SpIcYsPy:.
30-04-2005, 21:43
Natural Beauty the best!!

Gabby
01-05-2005, 12:54
i wear, max factor foundation, stay matte powder, rimmel eyeliner, clinique mascara and lots of other stuff:P i liek to look perfect, and i cant stand leaving the house without make - up on, in fact i never leave the house without make up on:S!!

~Sooz~
02-05-2005, 10:36
I like clinique foundation although I've bought Max Factor Colour Adapt to try because I have really rosy cheeks but I can never get the green stuff to work for me, so I always look a bit fresh faced, but even a coat of foundation will tone it down a little. I usually just have foundation and a bit lipstick and mascara for work, like to use more when going out although does anyone have any good tips for putting on eyeshadow or the best type to use, I've always been so rubbish at it and I'm 35! Think I would know by now eh!

crazygirl
10-05-2005, 22:46
i wear maybelene lipstick and eye liner l'oreal foundation and boots lipliner/loose powder
need all that sort of to stuff at my age :rotfl:

nessie
24-05-2005, 00:54
i can't leave the house without my face on!!! i usually use avon or bodyshop stuff. i can't use foundation as i have got really red cheeks and the only way i can cover it up is by using green stuff under foundation and it feels so heavy i don't bother! any tips i would be greatful!!!

I have red skin too, it glows when its angered! I found that green foundations dont work, and the best thing to do is use foundation taht reflects light. I've also found that Maybelline Everfresh is good but it does need touching up during the day.
I hate having red cheeks. But at least it saves on blusher!

nessie
24-05-2005, 00:55
i've got a bit of every brand when it comes to make up but my fave is my eyeliner,cant go anywhere without eyeliner on!
which eyeliner do you use? every one i buy smudges during the day, so i can only wear it in the evening when its ok for it to look smudged!

nessie
24-05-2005, 15:02
I have red skin too, it glows when its angered! I found that green foundations dont work, and the best thing to do is use foundation taht reflects light. I've also found that Maybelline Everfresh is good but it does need touching up during the day.
I hate having red cheeks. But at least it saves on blusher!I dont mean Everfresh, I mean Wonder Finish

24-05-2005, 16:23
Does anybody have any tips for covering pimples/spots? Because my mate has one and she keeps pestering me to help her out but i have no clue what to tell her. We read through the mags but they don't help. Please reply because she is driving me INSANE!!!!!
Check out my site (on my profile) and click on the link which says RubyR my other site. That's is of course my other site. Click on Beauty and then there is a section where it says Concealing Spots, along with other stuff on it. Hope it helps :D

24-05-2005, 16:24
I used to wear lipgloss, clear but now im using Aleo Vera Vaseline in a lil tin one. Its exactly glossy like lipgloss and takes care of lips!! I also wear eye liner...

24-05-2005, 16:26
Check out my site (on my profile) and click on the link which says RubyR my other site. That's is of course my other site. Click on Beauty and then there is a section where it says Concealing Spots, along with other stuff on it. Hope it helps :D

I'll check that out...thanks spicy!! :thumbsup:

I couldn't LIVE with out my eyeliner and mascara and tinted lipgloss and.....(the list goes on!!:D)

Gabby
07-09-2005, 20:00
I couldn't leave my house without foundation,mascara,eyeshadow and blusher on! It just seems natural to put them on

07-09-2005, 20:01
So I know Gabbs.. so I know... *slides away* Lol Ignore that!!

xsoftladybugx
22-09-2005, 16:28
I use conceler, mascara, and blusher. I only use a tiny bit of blusher and my friend started calling me an oompa loompa and playing that theme tune i was really upset :(

Eastenders_4ev@
22-09-2005, 16:58
i use, foundation (conceler sometime lol) and mascara

22-09-2005, 17:13
I use conceler, mascara, and blusher. I only use a tiny bit of blusher and my friend started calling me an oompa loompa and playing that theme tune i was really upset :(
Who said that? :angry:

Debs
22-09-2005, 18:08
I use rimmel lipstick always have and always will it lasts really well, i use rimmel foundation and powder as it the only one taht dosent upset my skin or my excema anything else i just use whatever !!

i dont wear make up all the time though, sometimes i cant be bothered!!!!!!! and if im having a itchy day i dont bother, like to look fab on special days or evening out!!

Jada-GDR
08-12-2005, 20:36
i wear slightly darker lipgloss. if you've got thinner lips then lighter colours and glosses look nicer, but if your lips are bigger then use darker - without looking like a tart. something bronze always looks nice

Jada-GDR
08-12-2005, 20:37
barry m everything else

kat 4 alfie
07-01-2006, 17:21
i use under eye make up cause iv got big eye shadows 24/7 even if im not tired and had a full nights sleep and then i cover my shadows up with a thin coat of conceiler and also use that on spots and dent in my chin , foundation , fronzer and clear or a peachy type lipgloss and i also need white and brown eyeshadow and im only 13 lol ,oh and i need my eyelash curlers and mascara ,only wear eyeliner on nights out !

pip_kin
09-01-2006, 21:50
tinted moisturiser is good i use that now, with power over the top!!!

Katy
10-01-2006, 17:16
ive just bought some maybelline dream mouse like a foundation/ concealer like thing taht is really really good. I use it all the time and im not really a make up girl.

xStephaniex
22-01-2006, 17:03
i wear eyeliner, foundation (only a bit), mascara, eye shadow sumtimes, lip gloss - clear or choclate brown or ice pink :p - is that too much make up ?? lol oh n bit a blusher :p

lollymay
22-01-2006, 17:18
i cant live without my maxfactor eyeliner lol

xStephaniex
22-01-2006, 17:23
lol ditto - its well good :p

Kim
29-01-2006, 10:14
I use lip gloss most frequently.