PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone think of The Kings?

DaVeyWaVey
22-12-2005, 23:57
Imo i think the Kings should be axed from Emmerdale. I cant stand them myself and I think they are incredibly overused. What does everyone else think?

Tamzi
23-12-2005, 00:14
I think they are good they are different from most families in Emmerdale. They may be used a lot, but I don't think that's a bad thing. They bring many different storylines to emmerdale and I would hate to see them axed. I wouldn't care if Jimmy went, but that's it.
xxx

~charlie-lou~
23-12-2005, 01:23
I really like Carl and Jimmy. They're both a bit wet but they make me laugh and I think they're really sweet. :)

Matthew.... :hmm: hmmmm.... one minute there is a tiny spark of him showing evidence that underneath it all he is a decent human being, so I start the whole: "Awww, bless Carl, bless Jimmy and bless Matthew!" routine and then the next minute, that £$%%^&&** Sadie shows up and he blows it all and I'm back to throwing things at the screen in fury at him, furiously cancelling the above statement's part about Matthew lol.

Tom - He's not too bad in person at the mo but the reason why I hate him is because it is blatantly obvious that he has ruined his children by using them as tools for his business success. They must know he never loved them as he should have done, and I think that has really messed them up. :(

Sadie - My opinion of that utter cow is unprintable so to save myself from a banning I'll keep my trap shut.

Funny though.... I only actually really like 2 of them and yet I love the family as a whole. Strange... :searchme: Probably because in a way they remind me a lot of my own family, regarding family relationships etc.

Wow, rather a long post! Lol.

DaVeyWaVey
23-12-2005, 11:33
Lol! Well i was just seein what everyone else thought. Tbh i am glad that Sadie is leaving :) but i just don't like much of the storylines they are involved in. I thought there best performance was when Max died and how the Kings dealt with their grief especially Tom.

xCharliex
23-12-2005, 14:12
I love them i love Sadie!!!! I love Carl and Matt, Jimmy and Tom i dont like

~charlie-lou~
23-12-2005, 14:56
Oh well I'll have to disagree there Charlie but still. Isn't it funny how everyone's opinions differ so much!? :o

eastenders mad
23-12-2005, 16:18
i can't stand them either they are sooooooooo boring

DaVeyWaVey
23-12-2005, 16:21
Glad someone agrees with me! I just find it annoying that the Kings are at the centre of everything and Sadie is always getting off with someone but apparently Matthew chooses the business over Sadie which i think is a good thing tbh.

~charlie-lou~
23-12-2005, 16:56
Glad someone agrees with me! I just find it annoying that the Kings are at the centre of everything and Sadie is always getting off with someone but apparently Matthew chooses the business over Sadie which i think is a good thing tbh.

Heartily agree with you there! :cheer: But I still like the Kings.

xCharliex
23-12-2005, 18:39
Oh well I'll have to disagree there Charlie but still. Isn't it funny how everyone's opinions differ so much!? :o

I wouldnt say its funny id say its a fact! But we all have different opinions not everyone is the world likes the same person, but i think Sadie is great, hense my signature :p

Chris_2k11
23-12-2005, 18:41
They were alright at first but now they're just boring if you ask me! :thumbsdow

one eyed pete
23-12-2005, 20:20
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I liked them but me parrot didnt.............

No_eyed_Ned
23-12-2005, 20:22
Aye the kings men are the enemy!

haaaaaaaaaar!

~charlie-lou~
23-12-2005, 21:02
I wouldnt say its funny id say its a fact! But we all have different opinions not everyone is the world likes the same person, but i think Sadie is great, hense my signature :p

Yep, the signature sort of gave it away! :p

I hate Sadie and everything, I loathe her but it is TOTALLY out of order when people start slagging off Patsy Kensit as well. I won't lie and say she's my favourite actress in the world, but do most of these people know her? No, and they go on about how much they hate her. :rolleyes:

Unless you know them as a person, properly, you shouldn't start bad-mouthing actors/actresses, that's my message to the world lol! We can all like whatever actors we want. :o

Anyway, back on topic (sorry mods!) - the Kings are a great but need a few storylines that aren't so tatty, Tom and Sadie's kiss was hysterical but they need something more exciting to happen, perhaps something involving the past.... involving the actual family as opposed to Sadie and other women that have been and gone...? :searchme: Could be really exciting if done right. :)

DaVeyWaVey
23-12-2005, 21:47
I may start to like the Kings better if they were involved in good storylines but i must admit the kiss between Tom and Sadie was just ridiculous :rolleyes:

xCharliex
24-12-2005, 02:19
Yep, the signature sort of gave it away! :p

I hate Sadie and everything, I loathe her but it is TOTALLY out of order when people start slagging off Patsy Kensit as well. I won't lie and say she's my favourite actress in the world, but do most of these people know her? No, and they go on about how much they hate her. :rolleyes:

Unless you know them as a person, properly, you shouldn't start bad-mouthing actors/actresses, that's my message to the world lol! We can all like whatever actors we want. :o

Anyway, back on topic (sorry mods!) - the Kings are a great but need a few storylines that aren't so tatty, Tom and Sadie's kiss was hysterical but they need something more exciting to happen, perhaps something involving the past.... involving the actual family as opposed to Sadie and other women that have been and gone...? :searchme: Could be really exciting if done right. :)

Im glad someone has actually said that! Everyone seems to slag off Patsy based on her character! and your right, no-one knows her as a person so how can you judge her based on her acting skills.
As far as im concered i really dont believe a highly acclaimed show would hire her unless she had talent, no matter who she is! Personally i love her character as people know, she has had some fantastic storylines which have boosted ratings!

Its just really annoys me how people really slate her just because she has had her lips done! so what! how many actresses have had work done to them?!?! enough what makes her different??? nothing! I think shes stunning, and out of all the interviews etc ive seen or heard of her she comes across like a really lovely person who is very family orientated!

But anyway, im glad she joined the 'Dales and ill be gutted to see her go, but am dead pleased she will be joining Holby City which is another fav show of mine!

Good luck to her, she doesnt need to prove anything to anyone, and its just peoples opinions, i just hope her and Matt sort out their problems and get together before she leaves, i want her to have a happy ending

~charlie-lou~
24-12-2005, 02:40
Im glad someone has actually said that! Everyone seems to slag off Patsy based on her character! and your right, no-one knows her as a person so how can you judge her based on her acting skills.
As far as im concered i really dont believe a highly acclaimed show would hire her unless she had talent, no matter who she is! Personally i love her character as people know, she has had some fantastic storylines which have boosted ratings!

Its just really annoys me how people really slate her just because she has had her lips done! so what! how many actresses have had work done to them?!?! enough what makes her different??? nothing! I think shes stunning, and out of all the interviews etc ive seen or heard of her she comes across like a really lovely person who is very family orientated!

But anyway, im glad she joined the 'Dales and ill be gutted to see her go, but am dead pleased she will be joining Holby City which is another fav show of mine!

Good luck to her, she doesnt need to prove anything to anyone, and its just peoples opinions, i just hope her and Matt sort out their problems and get together before she leaves, i want her to have a happy ending

Lol some great points Charlie!! :o How can anyone judge her without knowing her, it's pathetic, you're totally right, in complete agreement there!

Only one thing I heartily disagree about though, and that's Sadie and Matt (getting back to the fictional side of things lol). I want her out forever and I want Matt staying here, them having split up. But I guess only time will tell.

DaVeyWaVey
24-12-2005, 13:08
I am not slating her or anything but my personal opinion is that i think she can't act but i do agree she has boosted ratings :)

shannisrules
01-01-2006, 00:35
the kings are ok i mean a slong as they dont start building on all teh countryside and oput on bulings then i dont mind them

samantha nixon
01-01-2006, 21:31
the kings are fab and i think they are the best family they have had fab storylines and all the kings are great sadie and matthew are the best and the others are ok and i prefer matt and sadie together rather than sadie and jimmy as matt cares fo sadie
i also think sadie is a fab actress

~charlie-lou~
01-01-2006, 21:48
Apart from Sadie especially, and also Tom, the Kings (well, the King sons) are indeed fab.

eastenders mad
02-01-2006, 17:10
so was that Sadie last day when she left after talking to Matthew?

xCharliex
02-01-2006, 17:34
so was that Sadie last day when she left after talking to Matthew?
No shes on a break well Patsy is on a break, she may be back filming now though

DaVeyWaVey
02-01-2006, 18:00
Does anyone know when Sadie leaves for good when her contract expires? :)

Bree
02-01-2006, 18:23
i never was a big fan of sadie

DaVeyWaVey
02-01-2006, 18:25
i never was a big fan of sadie

Neither was i tbh.

Bree
02-01-2006, 19:16
yea i like carl king i think he's sweet but i did like max king i felt for tom when he died

xCharliex
02-01-2006, 19:31
Does anyone know when Sadie leaves for good when her contract expires? :)
Round about November 2006

DaVeyWaVey
02-01-2006, 19:34
Round about November 2006

Ok thanks :)

samantha nixon
02-01-2006, 20:05
charlie how longs is sadie away for or dont you no

~charlie-lou~
02-01-2006, 20:05
yea i like carl king i think he's sweet but i did like max king i felt for tom when he died

I adored Max, but didn't really feel for Tom at the time. I think his reaction was unrealistic, and his sons' reactions were far better, the whole delayed reaction thing, they didn't cry for several days. I just found Tom staggering around in mock grief seriously annoying.

alan45
02-01-2006, 20:09
I am not slating her or anything but my personal opinion is that i think she can't act but i do agree she has boosted ratings :) I agree with you. The character of Sadie is a fantastic one which in my opinion is let down by the atrocious acting of Ms. Kensit. All her lines seem to be delivered in the same monotonic voice with totally no emotion whatsoever.

Sorry Charlie :)

xCharliex
02-01-2006, 20:24
I agree with you. The character of Sadie is a fantastic one which in my opinion is let down by the atrocious acting of Ms. Kensit. All her lines seem to be delivered in the same monotonic voice with totally no emotion whatsoever.

APPOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED!!! lol jokes, nah fair enough your entitled to your opinion

DaVeyWaVey
02-01-2006, 22:09
I agree with you. The character of Sadie is a fantastic one which in my opinion is let down by the atrocious acting of Ms. Kensit. All her lines seem to be delivered in the same monotonic voice with totally no emotion whatsoever.

I agree with you there aswell she doesn't show much emotion when delievering her lines but without Sadie Emmerdale wouldn't be where it is now.

Cherryz
03-01-2006, 00:20
I do think the Kings are overused and there seems to be this delusion that they are charismatic.

I really think Sadie is an elaborately upgraded version of that freaky wooden puppet young Victoria had that one time. If you look closely you could probably make out the lines of only the lower jaw working which would prove my theory. From the mouth upwards - no expression.

Mattew and Jimmy - both boring, and to me not that amazing looking (I can blatantly see why Sadie would only want them for their money) and what do they do? moan work, moan work, have a fondle with a girl/sadie, moan work, fondle, moan work....

Carl i can just about stand as a love interest for Chas, but again i don't see what other purpose he has. He's just kind of... there.

All the Kings do is about business. Thats it. Nothing more. Ok so there was the Sadie/Jimmy/mattew/whoever else she or they are doing thing, but apart from that...yaaawn.

Everytime they're on i want to change the channel. It's like The Kings and Emmerdale show sometimes and they just bore me. I'd love them to be axed.

Kim
03-01-2006, 01:17
I think they're all good.

~charlie-lou~
10-01-2006, 17:39
I do think the Kings are overused and there seems to be this delusion that they are charismatic.

I really think Sadie is an elaborately upgraded version of that freaky wooden puppet young Victoria had that one time. If you look closely you could probably make out the lines of only the lower jaw working which would prove my theory. From the mouth upwards - no expression.

Mattew and Jimmy - both boring, and to me not that amazing looking (I can blatantly see why Sadie would only want them for their money) and what do they do? moan work, moan work, have a fondle with a girl/sadie, moan work, fondle, moan work....

Carl i can just about stand as a love interest for Chas, but again i don't see what other purpose he has. He's just kind of... there.

All the Kings do is about business. Thats it. Nothing more. Ok so there was the Sadie/Jimmy/mattew/whoever else she or they are doing thing, but apart from that...yaaawn.

Everytime they're on i want to change the channel. It's like The Kings and Emmerdale show sometimes and they just bore me. I'd love them to be axed.

NEVER! The day the Kings get axed I will be painfully, excruciatingly tempted to turn off Emmerdale for good! Jimmy and Matthew do moan a lot, and Carl is a bit wet, but I find them all easy to relate to and admittedly, when they're not working or having sex with some local tart, they're just lazing in front of the telly (though it would be extremely hypocritical of me to criticize them on the latter), but they have had some really good storylines and I will be FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURIOUS if any of them (apart from Sadie) get axed. Although of course she's going already. :cheer:

Sadie has definitely got about as much charisma as a squashed caterpillar, but the others have a lot of potential.

Sure they moan, but wouldn't you after the life they've had?