PDA

View Full Version : Take That!!!

Debs
22-12-2005, 22:41
Popstars: The Rivals winners turn up their noses at the boys' tour
Beverley Lyons And Cath Bennett

GIRLS Aloud definitely won't be joining Take That on their tour - because they think the boyband should be supporting them.

The five-piece, who have their own arena dates scheduled for next year, reckon they simply don't need to do a gig like that.

Band member Cheryl Tweedy said: "I think Take That should come and support us.

"I'm not really a fan of their music, although perhaps Nicola is.

"If they asked us to go on tour with them we'd have to say, 'No, you come on ours instead."' Take That's comeback tour - their first in more than a decade - sold out within hours, with nearly half a million fans snapping up tickets.

It's the second biggest and fastest selling tour to go on sale in the UK this year - second only to former band member Robbie Williams'.

When asked if they'd rather support the Angels singer, Cheryl's bandmate Kimberley Walsh said: "We're in the position now where we don't really need to support anyone, we have our own tours."

Girls Aloud's rivals, The Sugababes, are the main support on Take That's stadium dates, while Scot Lulu will be relighting the boys' fire on all 31 nights of the tour.

But Cheryl and her bandmates are not interested in even seeing them live.

Cheryl, said: "I'm much more into R'n'B myself. I'd much rather go and see someone like Destiny's Child."

While the Popstars: The Rivals winners don't think much of former chart-toppers Take That, they are friendly with boybands who are more in their age group.

Cheryl, Kimberley, Nicola Roberts, Nadine Coyle and Sarah Harding live in the same London apartment block as McFly and Son of Dork - formed by James Bourne of Busted fame.

James' manager lives just two doors down from pin-up Cheryl.

The 22-year-old said: "We're all quite busy so we don't see a lot of each other, but we get on well.

"James is constantly ringing on my doorbell as he gets the wrong flat and thinks his manager lives where I am."

This week the girls hit the town to help Ashley Cole, Cheryl's fiance, celebrate his 25th birthday.

The Arsenal player was also joined by Spurs star Jermaine Jenas and Calum Best.

Cheryl wore a plunging white dress for the occasion - revealing a couple of extremely pert presents for her beau.

We're sure she made sure Ashley had a very happy birthday

function newPrintableWindow(objectid,path) { popUpWindow = window.open(path+'?objectid='+objectid+'&siteid=66633', 'Article', 'width=450,height=500,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes ,toolbar=no,location=no,menubar=yes'); popUpWindow.focus(); }

willow
22-12-2005, 22:43
stuck up cows!!!!!

how dare they think that!!!

take that supporting them!!! i don't think so!!!

twinkle_eyes83
23-12-2005, 12:51
i makes them sound like stuck up cows dont it not really in to girls aloud i like some of there songs