PDA

View Full Version : bottle or breast? whats best?

chance
24-04-2005, 13:44
what in your opinion is better bottle or breast?

Siobhan
25-04-2005, 11:38
I think whatever the mother is comfortable with is best. If the mother is unhappy or uncomfortable with breast feeding, this will reflex in the feeding of the baby and the baby will feel this and become upset too... Breast is better in the long run

brenda1971
25-04-2005, 11:43
Hi I feel the same although I breastfed my daughter.

Emma-Lee
25-04-2005, 12:39
Hi I feel the same although I breastfed my daughter.

Feel the same as what exactly?

brenda1971
25-04-2005, 12:43
I meant the same as what siobhan had written

chance
25-04-2005, 13:45
i bottle fed my sons as i didnt feel at all comfertable with breast feeding.i dont think it makes a great difference,both my sons are big boys!

Siobhan
25-04-2005, 14:01
i bottle fed my sons as i didnt feel at all comfertable with breast feeding.i dont think it makes a great difference,both my sons are big boys!

I don't think it makes a big difference either but medically because of antibodies, it is suppose to be better

brenda1971
25-04-2005, 14:28
i found breastfeeding a good way of bonding with Emma my daughter

chance
25-04-2005, 16:59
i do understand that etc and i was expecting someone to say that but do you honestly think that people who bottle feed bond any less with there children?

brenda1971
25-04-2005, 17:11
i do understand that etc and i was expecting someone to say that but do you honestly think that people who bottle feed bond any less with there children?

I am not saying that.What i was meaning is that how I felt.And i had a hard time breastfeeding at the beginning

willow
25-04-2005, 17:43
i bottle fed both of mine i could not even think about breast feeding the idea made me feel ill!!! am i wierd?

chance
25-04-2005, 17:57
I am not saying that.What i was meaning is that how I felt.And i had a hard time breastfeeding at the beginning
ok,ok i wasn't having a go,i thought you might take it like that.

chance
25-04-2005, 17:58
i bottle fed both of mine i could not even think about breast feeding the idea made me feel ill!!! am i wierd?
not at all,i bottle fed my first son and didnt try breast at all then with my second i tried it and in all honestly it felt perverse and wrong,just how i felt,i know its perfectly natural.

RealityGap
27-04-2005, 09:58

I don't think that you are weird at all, I felt the exact same - although I did still give breast feeding ago, managed till 16wks with my son had a positioning issues which created a supply issue but still feeding my 10mth daughter.

I only did it because I knew it was so importaint for my kids, they are both IVF babies, which seems to leave them a little disadvantaged acording to the books, but the big thing for me is we have a huge diabetes history and breast feeding helps reduce the risk

Like other said it has to be what is best for the whole family Mum included. For me breast feeding is so much easier - no bottles to wash and make, and going out is a breeze, when she was little it was a spare nappy and a wipe in the bottom of my hand bag....

black-panther
10-05-2005, 00:40
what in your opinion is better bottle or breast? i always used bottle with my both girls they say that breast feeding brings your baby closer but i cant see how they say that has my children wont let me leave the room lol so i would put a vote up for bottles he he