PDA

View Full Version : mutya leaves sugababes

crazygirl
21-12-2005, 22:01
Mutya Buena, one of the singers with the band Sugababes, has left the group, the all-girl trio announced on Wednesday.

In a statement posted on the band's Web site, Buena said she had made the decision for personal reasons and would remain friends with the two remaining band members Heidi Range and Keisha Buchanan.

"It was very difficult but definitely not a snap decision," Buena said.

"I've enjoyed an unbelievable career so far and I'm so proud of what we've achieved with Sugababes over the years.

"I think there comes a time when everyone wants to re-evaluate their life and what they want out of it. For me that time has now come."

The band, which has had four number one singles in Britain, replaced one of their original members in 2001 when Range took the place of Siobhan Donaghy.

The statement said another new girl member would be found to take Buena's place.

"I think for our fans, the one thing Sugababes has come to stand for above all else is our consistent and unique style of music," Buchanan said.

"Obviously, it goes without saying that we will all miss Mutya, but we also knew there was still a place for bringing in somebody new who could help us carry on taking the Sugababes' brand of music forward."

Luna
21-12-2005, 22:38
another new girl god they do go through them dont they

xCharliex
21-12-2005, 22:58
Its ashame i really love the Sugababes music, its different from others, very unique, its not gonna be the same sound without Mutya though, she was the leas singer after all, nice to know she wants to be there for her new child though

Dutchgirl
21-12-2005, 23:08
I think they sing very good, must be the baby then, she is the one with a baby?

Luna
21-12-2005, 23:09
yeah i think she is.....but dont quote me on it

crazygirl
21-12-2005, 23:09
i thought keisha was the lead singer

Dutchgirl
21-12-2005, 23:10
Ok 500 yeah!!

CrazyLea
21-12-2005, 23:10
this has been posted

xCharliex
21-12-2005, 23:17
I think they sing very good, must be the baby then, she is the one with a baby?

Yeah she is the one with the baby

feelingyellow
21-12-2005, 23:49
i will really miss her! she's the best singer in my opinion

Carrie Bradshaw
22-12-2005, 04:36
It will be weird having a new person in the sugababes, but they've replaced someone before so i guess they can do it again. They weren't as famous then though - I'm curious to see what the replacement will be like!!

Behemoth
22-12-2005, 10:59
Duplicate. Already posted here: http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=38907