PDA

View Full Version : Record of the Year

Abi
11-12-2005, 00:02
Westlife won this (yet again) with "He raised me up".

Do you agree? Who would you like to have seen?

I think James Blunt should have won with "Your beautifull" myself. "Its all about you" by McFly was actually quite catchy as well. :thumbsup: :lol:

What do you think?

Chris_2k11
11-12-2005, 00:23
Boring old Westlife should not have won! :thumbsdow I wanted Gorrilaz to win! :thumbsup:

Abi
11-12-2005, 00:35
Anything apart from westlife or "my hump" to be honest :rotfl: :p

CrazyLea
11-12-2005, 00:40
im glad westlife won :p

Chris_2k11
11-12-2005, 00:44
im glad westlife won :p :angry:

willow
11-12-2005, 08:01
i wanted daniel powter to win!!!

as soon as i saw the catagories last week i knew flipping westlife would win!!!!

Bryan
11-12-2005, 10:03
its always the same, whats the point of having viewer votes: in anything the "attractive males" win over talent... steve in x factor, westlife in record of the year, anthony in big brother...the list could go on with how stupid idiotic teenage girls (sorry to offend but this is the case) always vote for looks rather than what they should actually be voting for! :angry:

Debs
11-12-2005, 11:18
westlife won??? :eek:

with a song they have only just bought out??? what a load of rubbish! there were loads more better sopngs than that this year!!

willow
11-12-2005, 11:19
its always the same, whats the point of having viewer votes: in anything the "attractive males" win over talent... steve in x factor, westlife in record of the year, anthony in big brother...the list could go on with how stupid idiotic teenage girls (sorry to offend but this is the case) always vote for looks rather than what they should actually be voting for! :angry:

how i agree with you!!!!
its not that weslife can't sing iits just there were better songs there!!

Debs
11-12-2005, 11:27

100 % agree with that. you can always guarentee who wins!!!! shayen will win x factor as hell have the girly vote! makes me soo mad!!

Debs
11-12-2005, 11:28
how i agree with you!!!!
its not that weslife can't sing iits just there were better songs there!!

no they can sing its just their music is rubbish!!!

lollymay
11-12-2005, 12:45
Mcfly should have won and theres was a charity single too.

I cant stand westlife at all - i wouldnt have cared if anything else had won over mcfly but not westlife

Abi
11-12-2005, 13:07
It was a cover as well, so they didn't even write it!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
11-12-2005, 13:37
:sick: Westline stink!! :p

Debs
11-12-2005, 13:41
:sick: Westline stink!! :p

:rotfl: couldnthave put it better myself!

Bryan
11-12-2005, 16:30
am i misisng something here?

the week when we choose them they said tony christie coudlnt be in it as it was a charity/novelty record.... but wasnt mcfly's song for comic releif aswell as amarillo? it makes me sick one rule for entertaining songs and another for stupid boy bands! :angry:

xCharliex
11-12-2005, 16:48
I dont think Westlife should have won, its only just been released! Its a cover as well, personally i wanted Kelly Clarkson to win even though she never made the top 5

Bryan
11-12-2005, 16:49
I dont think Westlife should have won, its only just been released! Its a cover as well, personally i wanted Kelly Clarkson to win even though she never made the top 5

i agree! she was the best of the ten! i mean where was Madonna and Anastacia?

Katy
11-12-2005, 17:10
i wanted Daniel Powter to win but i dont really mind westlife so im not that bothered.

pookie1968uk
11-12-2005, 17:45
at lot of the songs on these shows are from later on in the year. its as is they forget what songs were out in the first half of the year. westlife were no less deserved of it than the others and i dont think teenage girls particularly voted for them as their fans have grown with them and are older than that.i would have thought the teenagers would have voted for McFly.

willow
11-12-2005, 19:10
no they can sing its just their music is rubbish!!!

exactly!!! to be honest a lot of thier songs depress me!!!!

Tori
11-12-2005, 20:19
i thought daniel powter should have won... it was the only really decent song on the list, but as soon as westlife appear anywhere, it'll be them

willow
11-12-2005, 20:52
i thought daniel powter should have won... it was the only really decent song on the list, but as soon as westlife appear anywhere, it'll be them

i think he should have won too!!!

chance
11-12-2005, 21:54
westlife won??? :eek:

with a song they have only just bought out??? what a load of rubbish! there were loads more better sopngs than that this year!!

not compared with the competition there wasnt.the only real threat was james blunt if you ask me.

chance
11-12-2005, 21:56
im not a teenager and i think westlife deserved to win,they are great :)

oh and i dont fancy any of them either

although if that blonde one,(you know wich one)offered himself i couldnt refuse him

willow
11-12-2005, 22:04
im not a teenager and i think westlife deserved to win,they are great :)

oh and i dont fancy any of them either

although if that blonde one,(you know wich one)offered himself i couldnt refuse him

i know what you mean it would just be rude to say no!!!!

chance
11-12-2005, 22:17
i know what you mean it would just be rude to say no!!!!
very...... :D

Siobhan
12-12-2005, 12:19

Kian!!!! he is the biggest loser of all the westlife guys....
I like that song and it was sung well at George Best funeral but I would have prefered James Blunt to win the song of the year

Debbie Meadows
13-12-2005, 10:50
I think Westlife deserved to win, it's a graet song and they sang it briliantly!!

hippychick215
13-12-2005, 12:33
yay!!! :cheer: WESTLIFE won
i luv them im glad they won

i really like james blunt and danial powter songs, i dont think danial shud av bin bottom of the top 5. especially since black eyed peas finnished above them :angry: . i hate that song, it got me very mad when they where getting high marks.

i think the top 5 shud av looked like this.

1. Westlife (yay)
2. James Blunt
3. Danial Powter
4. Mcfly
5. Katie Melua (she didnt even get tin top 5 :( )

crazygirl
14-12-2005, 13:58
well i have to say westlife because im a fan and im going to see them in april and im so excited

Jemma
14-12-2005, 16:48
I don't think cover versions should be allowed to win Record of the Year. How can they win the best record of 2005 with soem song taht has been out for years and taht isn't even their own. :mad:

Chloe-Elise
14-12-2005, 18:32
I don't think cover versions should be allowed to win Record of the Year. How can they win the best record of 2005 with soem song taht has been out for years and taht isn't even their own. :mad:
I agree, I really like Westlife but I dont think its fair that thier song was a cover and it won.

Emma-Lou
18-12-2005, 21:06
i wanted Kelly Clarkson to win don't mind too much about Westlife winning just glad Mcfly did not

~charlie-lou~
19-12-2005, 07:00
Westlife... argh!! :angry: I'm a teenage girl and I can't stand this! I think Daniel Powter should have won, his song was brill.

And whilst I :heart: the song You Raise Me Up, it's Josh Groban's song NOT theirs and he did it 50 times better.

Officially in a serious strop with Westlife! :mad: