PDA

View Full Version : Axing Eastenders Show!!!

coolgirl
27-02-2005, 16:38
A little while ago, they were thinking of axing the whole of Eastenders!
I heard that that was with the old producer. Does anyone know if this is going to still go ahead, even with the new producer?? Please! I am desperate to know whether one of my favourite programmes is going!!! :eek:

Ella.
27-02-2005, 16:45
I think EE confirmed that this story was rubbish, and that they weren't being axed. I doubt they'd axe it anyway considering they've just had a new producer, I just hope they can bring some new ideas to the soap!

Treacle
27-02-2005, 16:57
There was a rumour the show would be taken off air but the BBC strictly denied this and said they had no plans to remove the show from it's schedules. I doubt they would let it get axed. It's still their flagship show and it's the programme that gets them the most viewers.

Behemoth
27-02-2005, 18:01
It was rumoured that they considered taking it off the air for two weeks while they sorted out the whole situation. It isn't going ahead any longer though.

Layne
27-02-2005, 18:24
yeh it was going to be axed within 48 hours or somet but if they dare take EE off air they'll have me to answer to!!!

Treacle
27-02-2005, 18:27
They may or may not have run out of ideas but it's filmed six weeks in advance and there's storyline meetings every six months so the rumour about them having no storylines was a lie.

Behemoth
27-02-2005, 20:05
They may or may not have run out of ideas but it's filmed six weeks in advance and there's storyline meetings every six months so the rumour about them having no storylines was a lie.
You never know. With all the quick cast axings, storylines could have easily been disrupted.