PDA

View Full Version : Born with two mothers

Siobhan
22-04-2005, 10:04
Did anyone see that program last night? It was really compelling and opened up a lot of arguments. The poor woman carried the baby for 9 months, gave birth to him and took care of him for 11 months and the court gave the baby over to the couple who's embryo it was

So when is a person a person? when it is an embryo? neither couple could have children and only one embryo suvived but in a different woman... It really got to me.. as a judge who or how would you decide who gets the baby. The one who supplied its DNA or the one who let it grow inside her for 9 months?

daisy38
22-04-2005, 10:18
I taped it, i was watching ER, After reading what you've just said, I'll definatly watch at some point over the weekend! :)

Jade
22-04-2005, 10:32
I missed it!! do you know if it's repeated?

I think it was loosely based on a true story

Siobhan
22-04-2005, 10:44
I missed it!! do you know if it's repeated?

I think it was loosely based on a true story

It might be on E4 over weekend, not sure.. It is loosely based on a true story.. the doctors, lawyers, judge are real, there is actors playing the couples involved and it is based on a number of true stories that have happened..

Very emotional.. i cried at the end

~Sooz~
22-04-2005, 22:46
I wanted to see that, hopefully it will be repeated. Its interesting when you say about when is a person a person. I know its going slightly off topic but did you see that programme Life Before Birth - its amazing how early on things develop and how soon it actually is a little person, I was fascinated by it all.

I'll need to check the tv listings to see if this Born with Two Mothers is repeated, my friend missed it too, so we were both a bit hacked off we'd missed it!