PDA

View Full Version : The Mirror - Festive Soap Summary

Bryan
26-11-2005, 19:25
If Christmas is a time for families then at opposites ends of the social scalem the Dingles and the Kings are about to discover that it will take more than pulling the wishbone of a turkey to bring peace and harmony to their households.
For the Dingles, losing one child in the run-up to the festive season when schoolgirl mum Debbie abandons her daughter Sarah is unfortunate. But for Zak and Lisa's little girl Belle aslo to go missing on Christmas Dsy is nothing short of carless - even for a mob like them.
With Lisa away, that old drunk Shadrack is left on babysitting duty and, after single-handeledy consuming the village's ration of seasonal sherry, its inevitable he should pass out and leave young Belle to her own devices. And she has either decided on a career in chimney sweeping or enrolled as one of Santa's little helpers, because she takes a tumble down a 30 foot mine shaft!
Rushing to her rescue, teenage deliquent Daz topples in after her. And with water level rising quickly, there are real concerns that the rescue team wont find them in time!
For all their millions, hapiness has certainly elduded the Kings for must of the year. But then with a blonde superbitch like the manipulative Lady Sadie in their fold, is it any wonder? It's not so much a question of which of the menfolk she'll be kissing under the mistletoe, but whi'll get the pleasure of unwrapping the delights she keeps in her Christmas stockings.
With most of the boardroom decisions taken in the bedroom, she'll have driven husband Jimmy away, rejected the advacnes of family patriach Tom, and again become embroiled in a steamy affair with Prince of Darkness Matthew.
While the Kings so called empire seems only to consist of one refuse truck, a field and a big house, they are wickedly planning to take control by forcing Tom out of his own company. Again.
One man stands in ther way. Outcast Dim Jim returns on Christmas day and using all his brain cells, sets out to prove to his brotehr that Sadie cant be trusted. Yep, and he'll probably tell Matt that father christmas dosent exist

Bryan
26-11-2005, 19:25
im afraid this sounds the worst out of all 3 soaps, not looking forward to this at all

~charlie-lou~
26-11-2005, 20:28
I think it sounds really good. And really funny. :D

But poor little Belle! I really hope she's OK! :(

I don't know why Jimmy's bothering to try and tell his brother anything. I'd much rather he just gave Matthew a good kick up the bum. :cheer: Let's face it, Jimmy and Carl are nice(ish) but dim so they might as well not bother with the brainy stuff! Lol.

Steph becoming an alcoholic, ooooooh no. We all know what this means. More interference from the inescapable "I'm such a good shrink" Doc Forsythe! :wall: Dammit!