PDA

View Full Version : Take That Reunion

ClingyBimbo
25-11-2005, 13:16
:cheer: A 11 date Reunion conert has been announced for April. Tickets on sale Dec 2 nd! :cheer:

Luna
25-11-2005, 18:50
omg!!!!! december 2nd :eek: - ok where are the dates? anyone know??

Luna
25-11-2005, 18:51
Boy band Take That have announced that they are to reform for a tour - 10 years after they split up.
At a press conference in London, Gary Barlow, Jason Orange, Mark Owen and Howard Donald said they would go back on tour - but without Robbie Williams.

They will begin an 11-date arena tour of the UK and Ireland in April.

Singer Barlow said: "Thanks for giving us the last 10 years off but the rumours are true. Take That are going back on tour."

The eight venue tour will begin at Newcastle Metro Radio Arena on 24 April and will include two nights at London's Wembley Arena.

Revived interest

Interest in Take That - who split in February 1996 after a career that notched up 10 million album sales - has been revived by a recent ITV documentary and the release of a greatest hits album.

The documentary pulled in nearly six million viewers, while the compilation album charted at number two in the UK, selling 90,000 copies in its first week.

Their 15 UK hits included Relight My Fire, Could It Be Magic and Back For Good.

Robbie Williams went from Take That to become a huge solo star
Talking recently about the offer to go back on the road, worth a reported £1.5m to each band member, Barlow said: "Robbie has been included in the offer but I don't know what he thinks.

"But we would do it without him. I think we'd have to.

"Financially it's a very tempting idea and I know a lot of our fans would like it.

"Our live shows were what made Take That great, so if we came back it would have to beat that otherwise I wouldn't want to do it."

Tickets for the tour will go on sale on 2 December.

Solo success

Meanwhile, former member Williams has set a ticket sales world record by selling more than 1.6 million tickets for his 2006 world tour in one day.

The singer, who went on to became a global star after the break-up, has smashed the Guinness World Record for concert ticket sales, previously held by US boy band N'Sync.

They sold one million tickets, valued at $40m (£23.4m), for their No Strings Attached US tour in one day five years ago.

Williams's tickets, which were snapped up on the first day of sale on 19 November, are valued at an estimated £80m.

He will take his place in the 2007 edition of the Guinness World Records.

Debs
25-11-2005, 18:52
omg my mate has just text me to tell me!!!!!!! she is gonna try and get tickets for us both!! omg omg i hope she gets them!! ill have to go in loft and get my scarf and necklaces etc!!!!

Debs
25-11-2005, 18:53
Boy band Take That have announced that they are to reform for a tour - 10 years after they split up.
At a press conference in London, Gary Barlow, Jason Orange, Mark Owen and Howard Donald said they would go back on tour - but without Robbie Williams.

They will begin an 11-date arena tour of the UK and Ireland in April.

Singer Barlow said: "Thanks for giving us the last 10 years off but the rumours are true. Take That are going back on tour."

The eight venue tour will begin at Newcastle Metro Radio Arena on 24 April and will include two nights at London's Wembley Arena.

Revived interest

Interest in Take That - who split in February 1996 after a career that notched up 10 million album sales - has been revived by a recent ITV documentary and the release of a greatest hits album.

The documentary pulled in nearly six million viewers, while the compilation album charted at number two in the UK, selling 90,000 copies in its first week.

Their 15 UK hits included Relight My Fire, Could It Be Magic and Back For Good.

Robbie Williams went from Take That to become a huge solo star
Talking recently about the offer to go back on the road, worth a reported £1.5m to each band member, Barlow said: "Robbie has been included in the offer but I don't know what he thinks.

"But we would do it without him. I think we'd have to.

"Financially it's a very tempting idea and I know a lot of our fans would like it.

"Our live shows were what made Take That great, so if we came back it would have to beat that otherwise I wouldn't want to do it."

Tickets for the tour will go on sale on 2 December.

Solo success

Meanwhile, former member Williams has set a ticket sales world record by selling more than 1.6 million tickets for his 2006 world tour in one day.

The singer, who went on to became a global star after the break-up, has smashed the Guinness World Record for concert ticket sales, previously held by US boy band N'Sync.

They sold one million tickets, valued at $40m (£23.4m), for their No Strings Attached US tour in one day five years ago.

Williams's tickets, which were snapped up on the first day of sale on 19 November, are valued at an estimated £80m.

He will take his place in the 2007 edition of the Guinness World Records.

shame to hear about robbie not taking part but it will be worth going still!

Luna
25-11-2005, 18:55
im just worried they wont be coming to scotland - trying to get through to the scottish ticket centre at the mo if not i'll just have to go to newcastle

alkalinetrio
25-11-2005, 18:57
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i better hurry with my plan to lock them up in cellar till they are forgotten:P

Luna
25-11-2005, 19:10
oh ssshhh scott or i'll lock you up in a cellar until your forgotten

Trinity
25-11-2005, 19:13
Lee - I cannot believe that you and Debs are serious! I guess I missed that phase in music. I was probably with my hubby going to Eric Clapton, BB King, Bruce Springstein and Stevie Ray Vaugn concerts....

Luna
25-11-2005, 19:16
:eek: ofcourse we're serious ITS TAKE THAT its a dream come true and sadly its oing to most likely be the last time they will ever perform together. it's aslo a chance to be 12 again and scream and shout at a concert

Trinity
25-11-2005, 19:17
....sadly?..

Luna
25-11-2005, 19:21
....sadly?..

ok heartbreakenly (sp)

Luna
25-11-2005, 19:54
April 24 – Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

April 27 & 28 – Birmingham NEC

April 30 – Glasgow SECC

May 2 – Sheffield Hallam FM Arena

May 5 & 6 – Manchester MEN Arena

May 8 & 9 – London Wembley Arena

May 12 – Dublin The Point

May 14 – Belfast Odyssey

Trinity
25-11-2005, 19:57
Looks like you've got your Scottish date , then!

Luna
25-11-2005, 19:59
yup cant wait £25 a ticket

alkalinetrio
25-11-2005, 20:50
oh i wudnt mind you locking me in the cellar just for yourself lee;) lol maybe take that will lose there voices i HOPE

Bad Wolf
25-11-2005, 21:07
wanna go, wanna go wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never forget!!!!!!!

Luna
25-11-2005, 21:21
are you going to get tickets rach??

Debs
25-11-2005, 21:43
omg i am sooo serious!

dave said it will be you and marie and a bunch of 12 year olds!!! i said no because all thetake that fans will be our age now!! so he said yeah and you lot are worse screaming and faintinf and painting your faces!!! LOL

ticket prices are good will have to get some!

Luna
25-11-2005, 21:46
omg i am sooo serious!

dave said it will be you and marie and a bunch of 12 year olds!!! i said no because all thetake that fans will be our age now!! so he said yeah and you lot are worse screaming and faintinf and painting your faces!!! LOL

ticket prices are good will have to get some!

Oh ive got to make a banner - wow paint my face aint done that in years

Bad Wolf
25-11-2005, 21:52
Ca Some One Make Me A Tt Banner? The Original Line Up?????

Luna
25-11-2005, 21:53
oohh i was going to do that ive got some good pics

Bad Wolf
25-11-2005, 21:56
can i have one?

Luna
25-11-2005, 22:01
i cant make them was going to ask someone to do it just got the pics but i can pm them to you if you want

Bad Wolf
25-11-2005, 22:04
i cant do them either?????

Bad Wolf
25-11-2005, 22:07
www.take-that.co.uk

thay havent an official website yet but this is getting the most hits

Luna
25-11-2005, 22:08
yeah ive been on that for the past few weeks having a look at all the news

Debs
25-11-2005, 22:22
ohhhhh i would love a tt banner tooooo

Luna
26-11-2005, 10:45
Take That is reforming for a nationwide tour, it was announced today. Britain's biggest boy band is getting back together - but without Robbie Williams.

Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Jason Orange and Mark Owen will reunite for an 11-date arena tour kicking off in April next year.

It comes a decade after the band split.

Interest in the band has revived, thanks to the recent tell-all ITV documentary which pulled in nearly six million viewers.

The group's greatest hits album was released earlier this month and went straight into the chart at number two, selling 90,000 copies in its first week.

And the band members have been offered a reported £1.5 million each to go back on the road.

They are promising to recapture the excitement of their original live shows. All are now in their 30s, with the eldest, Howard, approaching his 38th birthday.

Fans will be treated to all the old hits including Back For Good, Pray and A Million Love Songs.

Lulu is rumoured to be joining them on stage for their hit Relight My Fire.

A spokesman for the band said: "Take That are excited to be able to get back on stage and thank the fans who have remained loyal since their split in 1996.

"Many will remember the explosive and creative live shows that Take That put on during their career, with outlandish costumes, pyrotechnics and perfectly choreographed dance routines.

"The 2006 tour promises to be no different, and will serve as a fitting tribute to their overwhelming success, and stature as Britain's ultimate boy band."

It will not be the first time Take That have performed without Robbie - they carried on without him for six months after he left the band.

The last time they stood on a British stage was at London's Earls Court on August 31, 1995, a month after he walked out.

When Take That finally called it a day in February 1996, fans were so distraught that the Samaritans set up a special helpline.

The band announced the comeback at a press conference at the Berkeley Hotel in London.

Gary said: "Thank you very much for giving us the last 10 years off, but unfortunately the rumours are true - Take That are going back on tour."

Explaining why they are going back on the road a decade after their split, Mark said: "We're not getting any younger, that's the truth.

"I think if we don't do it now, we probably never could. It's kind of now or never for all of us.

"It will be a bit of fun, people can come along and we'll try our best to entertain and hopefully bring back some memories."

The band admitted they would love Robbie to join them.

Gary said: "I think we can all say we would definitely have loved that. But we do respect that's not going to happen.

"Rob's got his own deal going on and we obviously wish him the best with that."

Mark added: "The door's always open for Rob. If ever he's bored one day and we're on the road and he wants to come and sing a song, we're always ready to do that.

"We'll have a spare mic ready for him on stage."

Jason revealed he had spoken to Robbie in recent weeks and Robbie had given his blessing to the reunion.

"He's absolutely given us his blessing. He's in a place where he's comfortable with himself and his own career.

"But I should imagine he might have mixed feelings - he's delighted for us but he might be a bit wistful as well.

"But he's cool, this won't offend him. He won't be upset by this."

The foursome hit out at the boybands who have followed in their footsteps - with a thinly-veiled attack on the successors to their crown, Westlife.

Howard said: "We're going to give a very entertaining and energetic show.

We're not going to be sat on chairs like certain groups nowadays."

Mark said of other boybands: "They're okay, but I don't think they touch what we did on stage."

Gary agreed: "I've been to pop concerts in the last few years and I don't think they give value for money. That's what we always tried to do."

Only Robbie and Madonna are capable of putting on a decent show for their fans, Jason said.

The band joked about the difference in fortunes between them and Robbie over the past 10 years.

"We've been on holiday, he's taken the world by storm," Mark said.

Gary, 34, Howard, 37, Jason, 35, and Mark, 33, admitted recreating their energetic dance routines a decade on may prove a challenge.

Howard said his knees had gone and Gary joked: "You might see me on Lorraine Kelly because I've got about a stone to lose. Can anyone send me a diet plan?"

Mark said: "Last week we sat and watched some of our old videos and I was exhausted just looking at them."

Their outrageous costumes of old, including leather chaps and bondage gear, will be staying in the wardrobe.

"I don't know about the chaps, although Mark's still thinking of wearing his hotpants," Howard said.

And with Howard and Gary now fathers, bedding groupies after gigs will be a thing of the past - with Mark joking that the band will be setting up a creche backstage.

The group also hinted they may be coming back for good.

"If these dates sell out and we're not knackered, we might do more," Jason said, while Gary indicated a new album may be in the offing if the tour proves a success.

Mark revealed the foursome had spent the past few weeks debating whether or not to reform.

Asked whether the money was a temptation, Gary laughed off the question - as the band's main songwriter, he is sitting on a £20 million fortune.

The rest of the band ended up with considerably less and Jason admitted: "Money is an important factor. It's a consideration."

Explaining his reasons, Gary said: "We've been really amazed at how well the album's gone. The interest and support has been so great.

"If we didn't think we could do an unbelievable show, the ones we are remembered for, we wouldn't do it."

Jason was a little less confident: "We're under no illusions, this is a big call and we're taking a big risk.

"It will be a wonderful thing, it will create some nostalgia, whatever that's worth, in our own lives as well as the fans.

"It might be bobbins, it might be a pile of crap. But we're going to give it a go."

Tickets for the 2006 tour go on sale from 9am on Friday, December 2.

Tour dates:

April 24 - Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

April 27 & 28 - Birmingham NEC

April 30 - Glasgow SECC

May 2 - Sheffield Hallam FM Arena

May 5 & 6 - Manchester MEN Arena

May 8 & 9 - London Wembley Arena

May 12 - Dublin The Point

May 14 - Belfast Odyssey