PDA

View Full Version : phil drops hol for ee

chance
27-02-2005, 12:16
EastEnders actor Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell) cancelled a month-long holiday after he was asked to return to the soap.

McFadden announced his decision to "take a break" from the soap in 2003, but finally agreed to return after receiving a phone call from producer John Yorke last month.

Steve's final storyline before leaving the show saw Phil being forced to go on the run after being framed by Dirty Den for armed robbery.

He told the News of the World, "It's a shame Dirty Den was bumped off before I had a chance to get revenge. Now he's gone, Ian Beale better start looking over his shoulder. He better put his gum shield in.

"I had no intention of going back till next year. I was even planning to fly to Goa this week on a month-long motorbike trip and had bought my ticket.

"But John and scriptwriter Tony Jordan are to TV what Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho are to football, so I ripped up my ticket."

He added, "If I can return and help turn the show around, I'll be so proud. And next week I'll be back with both fists blazing!"

Barbara Windsor, who plays Phil's mother, Peggy, is also returning to the soap, while rumours suggest that producers are trying to convince Ross Kemp (Grant Mitchell) to sign a new contract.

i.luv.jake.moon
27-02-2005, 12:31
awwwwwwwww poor steve ee's better than going on a motorbike trip sounds good hope he does turn the sho back around

*JSW*
27-02-2005, 12:34
I hope his return isn't rushed! Otherwise it'll be rubbish!

i.luv.jake.moon
27-02-2005, 12:35
oh hi jsw were back again

*JSW*
27-02-2005, 12:35
Good morning ;)

i.luv.jake.moon
27-02-2005, 12:47
yeah hi again for some reason i had a wierd dream about coke last night wonder why

Cherryz
27-02-2005, 12:49
i hope you mean the drink young lady!

i dont get how phil can return and not be arrested and stuff lol

i.luv.jake.moon
27-02-2005, 13:08
yea i mean the drink its just me and jsw were talking about coke and crisps last night dont ask why we dont know guess what i just logged in to the eastenders 4 eva boards they are really confusing and all of them have pictures of signitures

*JSW*
27-02-2005, 13:16
I've just been over to the Eastenders4eva boards and they're really confusing! There is hardly anyone on there. I know I chose the right boards :cool:

i.luv.jake.moon
27-02-2005, 13:17
i know i have im on them now aswell theres hardly anyone from the bbc boards apart from jill fans and jason beech

Crazzykayzz
27-02-2005, 16:12
lol!

Crazzykayzz
27-02-2005, 16:13
im frm the bbc boards, u may nt remember me cuz i didnt go on there much, ma username woz crazzykayzz! lol i dnt remember u, unless ya have a different username 4 dis board lol!

Andy'sLuckyPony
27-02-2005, 16:20
I don't want him back. He just goes round speaking all gravelly (I do that too) and shouting at people. They'll rush the return, I bet. He's supposed to be back soon too. In early spring, April probably.

twinkle_eyes83
27-02-2005, 20:40
EastEnders actor Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell) cancelled a month-long holiday after he was asked to return to the soap.

McFadden announced his decision to "take a break" from the soap in 2003, but finally agreed to return after receiving a phone call from producer John Yorke last month.

Steve's final storyline before leaving the show saw Phil being forced to go on the run after being framed by Dirty Den for armed robbery.

He told the News of the World, "It's a shame Dirty Den was bumped off before I had a chance to get revenge. Now he's gone, Ian Beale better start looking over his shoulder. He better put his gum shield in.

"I had no intention of going back till next year. I was even planning to fly to Goa this week on a month-long motorbike trip and had bought my ticket.

"But John and scriptwriter Tony Jordan are to TV what Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho are to football, so I ripped up my ticket."

He added, "If I can return and help turn the show around, I'll be so proud. And next week I'll be back with both fists blazing!"

Barbara Windsor, who plays Phil's mother, Peggy, is also returning to the soap, while rumours suggest that producers are trying to convince Ross Kemp (Grant Mitchell) to sign a new contract.

coolgirl
27-02-2005, 20:45
Yay! i like the Mitchells!

littlemo
27-02-2005, 21:11
Me too! What has Ian done to Phil I can't remember? There are a lot of people Phil will want to get revenge on when he gets back. I think Phil is a good character, I didn't think I'd miss him when he left, because I didn't like what he had become, but I must admit I am looking forward to his return. I don't like Peggy much without Phil, but they are a good team. Grant's even better! I hope Phil has returned to his old self, he turned into a wreck after he was set up.

Who do you think will havet to watch their backs when Phil gets back? Dennis definetely and maybe Martin (Peggy wasn't very happy to see him and Sonia together, god knows what Phil will think about it). Also Chrissie because she has the Vic, I don't know whether that will be important to Phil now, but I'm sure he'll take it just to have one up on the Watts.

I'm looking forward to it!

twinkle_eyes83
27-02-2005, 21:15
i thunk it will be ian hes got the cafe and the arches ian and phil just dont get on arfter phil married ians mum

littlemo
27-02-2005, 21:23
I forgot about the Archers. Did Ian not own the cafe when Phil was there, I can't remember? Yeah Phil doesn't like Ian at all, but I don't know why, is it just his personality (then I could understand), I know Phil was married to Kathy, but I would have thought that would make Ian hate Phil not the other way round.

angelblue
27-02-2005, 21:27
I think he will be back for revenage and everything that has happen since he left shame den is dead i think he will be bck to protect sam and help her :)

twinkle_eyes83
27-02-2005, 21:39
na i think sam sold ian the cafe when phil left iam not to sure low

crazygirl
28-02-2005, 09:40
he is going to go mental when he comes back to nothing! can you imagine what he's going to be like when he see's ian in the garage

melmarshall858
28-02-2005, 09:53
does this mean he will be on our screens soon?

anyone know when?

crazygirl
28-02-2005, 10:24
think he starts next week but they are filmed something like 12 week in advance