PDA

View Full Version : ceasearean sections

chance
20-04-2005, 21:11
a thread to discuss c.sections

Debs
20-04-2005, 22:07
i had a c section! i had been in very slow labour for 4 days and when my waters broke they gave me 12 hours and if he wasnt born i would have to have a c section!!! i tried and tried to push him out but he was so big he just wouldnt!!! in the end i had a csection and it was fine!! when i was in theatre i felt so out of it and when i heard this baby crying i was wondering whose baby it was!!! the doctor said it was mine!!! i had really bad shivers has anyone else had that???

chance
21-04-2005, 10:02
yeah i had the shivers,its really weird isnt it.i was in labour 35 hours! went into hosp in bad pain and they examined me etc and said it was just braxton hicks and i wouldnt be having the baby for another week at least.i was in agony.i had suffered from high blood pressure and sugar in my wee throughout but they had never said it could be pre eclampsia.my mum told them so they tested my wee and it had sugar in it so they decided to keep me in.they put me in a ward with all these other expectant mothers but because i was maiing so much noise they decided to move me.they still didnt think i was in labour but then decided to do a internal,i was 8cm dilated!
they gave me pethidine but i was sick,then took me to a labour room.i pushed for hours and was soooo tired,they kept telling me 'nearly there' we can see its head so i asked my bf to look and he told me they were lying.i kept pushing for hours and had gas and air which was good.i kept falling asleep i was so tired.
then they decided to use forceps.they clamped them around my babys head and pulled,they pulled so hard that i came sliding down the bed so all of my weight was on my babys head! the doctor fell over,they were going to try it again when my bf and mum said no and asked for a c sec.they had finally realised my baby was too big too pass through.so i had epidural which was great and had a csec,i lost loads of blood and my babys head was purple.
i had to have a blood transfusion which i reacted to and the whole of my face was like a boxers after a fight.they finally cottoned on i had pre eclampsia so my bp was sky high after and i had to stay in hosp for 10 days until it came down.loads more bad things happened but i wont go in to that all.
i have now found out they buggered up my c sec and now my bladder is stuck to my vaginal wall.i have had another son since and they had to be very careful whilst doin the c sec to make sure they didnt cut through anything they shouldnt.i am pregnant now and i have to have the top surgeon do this c sec.ive been told this will prob have to be my last one as well.
anyone else got any nightmare births?

Debs
21-04-2005, 10:35
i kept going into hopsital throughout the week and they told me i wasnt having contractions!! i knew i was it hurt like hell!!! so they sent me home!! i got sent home 5 times that week!!! then they said i had a infection!! my waters broke and when i got into hopsital they examined me and i was 9cm!! but connor didnt want to come out so i had to have a c section!! how big was your babies!!

sounds like you had a rough time!! your very brave to go back for more!!

Siobhan
21-04-2005, 11:30
i kept going into hopsital throughout the week and they told me i wasnt having contractions!! i knew i was it hurt like hell!!! so they sent me home!! i got sent home 5 times that week!!! then they said i had a infection!! my waters broke and when i got into hopsital they examined me and i was 9cm!! but connor didnt want to come out so i had to have a c section!! how big was your babies!!

sounds like you had a rough time!! your very brave to go back for more!!

My little girl was only 6lb 5oz.. she got distress and I didn't go past 3.5cm in 4 days... they kept telling me I wasn't in Labour but i had pain every 6 mins and I didn't sleep for 50 hours.. I got all the drugs going to stop the pain and it was only after 66 hours they decided on a C section.. not a pleasant experience and I hope this one is natural

brenda1971
21-04-2005, 12:34
My story is not as dramatic as the rest of you lot.I went in hospital at 37 weeks with very high blood pressure.They then decided that they would have to keep in until Emma was born.They were going to get me to 38 weeks then induce me but we found out that Emma was breech so I had to have a c section.It was weird in the theatre it was like it was happening to somebody else and not me.It all happened soo fast and my husband held her for the 1st time.

Debs
21-04-2005, 12:41
i agree with you brenda it is very starnge in theatre. i waas reading things on a white board and before you know it is over!!

Siobhan
21-04-2005, 13:45
i agree with you brenda it is very starnge in theatre. i waas reading things on a white board and before you know it is over!!

I was awake for my section so I knew all that was going on.. it was pretty strange.. the news report were about the twin towers colasping and that is all I was concentrating on

brenda1971
21-04-2005, 13:53
I was Awake for my section I had a spinal.I kept saying to my hubby have they started yet and about 10 secs later Emma was out.I had classical music on which was very relaxing

chance
21-04-2005, 16:36
i could see what was happening second time around as they have those lights above you and above where they are cutting and when i looked up you could see the reflection of it all! was quite gory!

brenda1971
22-04-2005, 09:41
Hi chance i just kept looking at my husband when they started to cut me open.I had an oxygen mask on that made it hard to talk

chance
22-04-2005, 13:40
first time round because i'd been through so much i was knackered the nurse kept tapping me on the face trying to get me to stay awake but all i wanted to do was sleep! they put my son next to me and i turned my head round the other way as he was crying,lol.

brenda1971
22-04-2005, 13:44
Hi chance have you had more than one c section

Siobhan
22-04-2005, 14:48
first time round because i'd been through so much i was knackered the nurse kept tapping me on the face trying to get me to stay awake but all i wanted to do was sleep! they put my son next to me and i turned my head round the other way as he was crying,lol.

I fell asleep as soon as I got the epidural.. the nurse kept waking me up every 15 mins but I slept all the night after having her and that was the only time.. it is so hard to sleep after a C section... you have to lie on your back and it is not comfortable at all

chance
22-04-2005, 21:48
Hi chance have you had more than one c section
hi,yes ive had two! got to have another in october!

chance
22-04-2005, 21:49
I fell asleep as soon as I got the epidural.. the nurse kept waking me up every 15 mins but I slept all the night after having her and that was the only time.. it is so hard to sleep after a C section... you have to lie on your back and it is not comfortable at all
especially with cathetas etc hanging out of you as well.and them bloody great pads they stick under you to catch the blood.