PDA

View Full Version : Corrie actor targeted by local thugs

Debs
06-11-2005, 11:36
Coronation Street star Bruce Jones has been targeted by a gang of thugs.

The actor, who plays Les Battersby, has clashed with a group of ten men over the past seven weeks, while drinking at his local pub. Owners of the bar in question have now asked Bruce to stay away to avoid any further trouble.

"I was just having a drink and I was physically attacked," Jones told The People. "I have been bullied for weeks now and it is getting to me. I have told a mate of mine in the police. My sons are looking out for me but I am worried what they will do - it might get nasty.

"I just don't know what to do for the best. I know people are just jealous and that is why people do this to me but it is so hard."

He complained, "It should be those bullies who are banned from the pub yet I get asked to stay away. I don't understand it. They are punishing the wrong person - it just isn't fair. It seems like nobody understands."

One friend added, "He has been told to keep his head down. He told me he was skating on thin ice with Corrie bosses and was on his last warning. They have told him to get his act together and if he gets drunk and starts fighting in pubs he is out."

A spokesperson for the show explained, "This is a private matter and we will not be commenting."

i_luv_dennis
06-11-2005, 13:38
hope he is ok

Mr Humphries
06-11-2005, 18:14
I would have barred the bullies. Not a regular