PDA

View Full Version : 2-4 years

twinkle_eyes83
20-04-2005, 07:54
parents of 2-4 years

Siobhan
21-04-2005, 13:48
Thats me.. my daughter is 4 in september.. once she hit 3 she turned into the "little madam" from hell.. tantrums but watching supernanny I am getting some great tips which are working

Meh
21-04-2005, 13:54
My nephew had major tantrum problems from birth, but they only started really manifesting themselves properly at around 2 - 3. I mean, he would stop breathing and turn blue and then his lips would start to ice over. Scary as hell. It was straight over to A&E where there was this great German doctor. The advice he gave us was simple: be strict. If a tantrum starts either shout at him (shock him out of it), or make him stand in the corner for 30 mins.

Worked wonders - not had a tantrum problem since and he's turned out to be a gem. I think its tough for parents to be strict on little children which is why it can carry on developing.

Siobhan
21-04-2005, 13:58
My nephew did that too..... he would turn blue and hold his breath.. my mum use to put him in a cold bath and the sudden shock would start his breathing again.. he is 23 now and has no problems

twinkle_eyes83
21-04-2005, 15:54
my little boy was like that too even if he could not get his own way he will hold his breath he still does it now sometimes it must be the age 2 onwards when they really start to play up

RealityGap
27-04-2005, 11:23
It is so frightening when they hold their breath - BUT the very worse thing that will happen is they pass out and as soon as that happens they will breath again, and it wont do them any harm, I trained as a sick kids nurse and it was something they taught us

Still I am so glad that my 2 year old doesnt do this....YET

chance
27-04-2005, 13:12
my niece doesnt do it out of temper,she holds her breath when she hurts herself.like if she bangs her head etc she wont cry she will hold her breath and has once gone all floppy etc

RealityGap
27-04-2005, 20:58
my son does the same chance, if you blow on their face they gasp and start breathing

chance
27-04-2005, 21:07
my sisters tried blowing in her face,she just has been told to wait patiently and she will come round in her own time,easier said then done though i bet!

RealityGap
28-04-2005, 10:15
my mum panics like mad when Christopher does it, we just leave him to it, as I said before passing out doesnt do them any harm But my old mum bless her normal starts shouting at me make him take a breath....