PDA

View Full Version : a thread for the 0-2

twinkle_eyes83
20-04-2005, 07:53
for the 0-2

chance
20-04-2005, 20:24
walking! whats the earliest your children have crawled,then walked?
my first crawled at 7 months and was walking at ten months.
my second bum shuffles instead of crawling and hes walking now at 14 months but still falls over alot.its amazing how different two brothers can be.

willow
20-04-2005, 20:27
niall did not crawl at all and was walking at 81/2 months and niamh is crawling around and shows no interest in walking at all!!!! and she is nearly 13 months!!

Meh
20-04-2005, 20:45
Crawling is one of the most important things a baby does as it develops both hemispheres of the brain. I read a report (BBC I think), on why walkers should be banned as they were detrimental to a babys development.

willow
20-04-2005, 20:47
accoring to something i read they can also damage the tendons in the legs as well!! i am not a fan of walkers!

chance
20-04-2005, 20:56
they do come in handy though,but are a danger to the ankles.i do think maybe that has got something to do with my first son walking quicker as he was in his walker less but my 2nd son has been in it a bit more.

hazey
20-04-2005, 21:47
I am not a fan of walkers,they weren't that fashionable 21 years ago,my son learnt to walk by holding onto the furniture and then slowly,got brave enough to let go.he walk without help at 10 months and was reading by three which I thought was very young.I remember being told off when he started school at 5 he was well advanced.They told me I shouldnt have taught him to read...how things have changed they encourage it now. :hmm:

willow
20-04-2005, 21:57
thats so bad!!! i could read about three too and i made sure that niall could read before he started school and he regressed really far back i think it is because thet tried to teach phonetics, but he is ok now at reading, he is more intersted in sport any way!!! i will do the same with niamh too

Siobhan
21-04-2005, 13:55
Crawling is one of the most important things a baby does as it develops both hemispheres of the brain. I read a report (BBC I think), on why walkers should be banned as they were detrimental to a babys development.

I think it was on the BBC that they did a test... they had kids who never crawled and kid that did... meet them at 6 years old and the kid who never crawled still can't.. it is amazing how that works...

chance
22-04-2005, 21:55
ok change of subject:talking.
how old is your child/baby and were they quick to pick up words or slow?
i cant remember with my first son but im sure he was quicker then my 2nd.my 2nd is 14 months and he can say dadda,mumma,out,'elp',his dads name and thats it i think.

willow
26-04-2005, 08:09
niamh is 13 months and can say mum, dad, bear (in the big blue house) yes, no and tickle tickle!!!