PDA

View Full Version : The Mistress

Rach33
19-04-2005, 20:31
Another One Parter I'm afraid hope you enjoy it Please let me know thanks :bow:

I don’t want to be the filler if the void is solely yours, I don’t want to be your glass of single malt whiskey hidden in the bottom drawer, I don’t want to be a bandage if the wound is not mine, lend me some fresh air, I don’t want to be adored for what I merely represent to you
I don’t want to be your babysitter you’re a very big boy now, I don’t want to be your mother, I didn’t carry you in my womb for nine months, show me the back door

She sat in the empty kitchen listening to the ticking of the clock on the wall she stared at it watching the minutes and the hours tick by
She loved him yes but it wasn’t enough she needed him to love her, to want her she couldn’t be a secret anymore
She wanted him and she wanted to be part of his life for good she’d waited ten years
Getting up she poured herself a large drink at least she could have a drink let go he couldn’t he was too afraid of losing control he’d just stare at it instead
She wanted more for herself and for him

Visiting hours are 9 to 5 and if I show up at 10 past six well I already know that you’d find some way to sneak me in and oh mind the empty bottle with the holes along the bottom, you see it’s too much to ask for and I am not the doctor

Sneaking around was the whole basis of their relationship he’d come to her she could never come to him and no-one could know least of all his daughter
When she was at school he could see her but that was the limit and occasionally the odd evening but she felt guilty a little girl needed her dad and when he wasn’t there for her he was with her
She’d love to be part of her life as well but he was too wrapped up in guilt to let either of them in

I don’t want to be the sweeper of the eggshells that you walk upon, I don’t want to be your other half I believe that 1 and 1 make 2, I don’t want to be your food or the light from the fridge on your face at midnight, hey what are you hungry for
I don’t want to be the glue that holds your pieces together, I don’t want to be your idol, see this pedestal is high and I’m afraid of heights, I don’t want to be lived through, a vicarious occasion, please open a window

She could understand his reasoning but she couldn’t wait forever she’s already waited ten years and for what to be in the same place as they were all those years ago
She wanted to mean more to him she wanted to be there for him when he needed her maybe even help him with his daughter the poor girl was so lost it wasn’t surprising the things she was doing

I don’t want to live on someday when my motto is last week, I don’t want to be responsible for your fractured heart and its wounded beat, I don’t want to be a substitute for the smoke you’ve been inhaling, what do you thank me, what do you thank me for

Standing up Tina decided to go back to bed Johnny would have to wait until the morning and maybe something will have changed who knows what’s around the corner

Lyrics - Not The Doctor by Alanis Morrisette taken from the amazing album Jagged Little Pill

Tiffany
19-04-2005, 20:48
that was great :D

di marco
23-04-2005, 20:14
wow great! :D love your 1 parters! :)

Layne
27-04-2005, 17:48
This is brill, i din't even realised you had posted it, until now when i was looking!
yeh your one parters are great!
Your the QUEEN of One parters!!!

Luv ya
Layne
x x x