PDA

View Full Version : sonia martin and pauline

chance
26-02-2005, 20:54
Does anybody know the actual set up between Pauline, Sonia and Martin only it seems quite confusing.

Is it a 3 way mortgage or did Pauline put in a lump sum. Wouldn't have thought Pauline would have much money but she mentioned 30 years of savings last night.

And surely Martin and Sonia would now get a share of Derek's "rent" money?
also if they do own the house and pay the mortgage shouldnt pauline be paying them some money too?

*JSW*
26-02-2005, 21:31
Does anybody know the actual set up between Pauline, Sonia and Martin only it seems quite confusing.

Is it a 3 way mortgage or did Pauline put in a lump sum. Wouldn't have thought Pauline would have much money but she mentioned 30 years of savings last night.

And surely Martin and Sonia would now get a share of Derek's "rent" money?
also if they do own the house and pay the mortgage shouldnt pauline be paying them some money too?
Urhhhh, i don't have a clue but the storyline is really boring me! Suddenly Sonia has turned into a spiteful little cow!(In the nicest words possible)

Behemoth
26-02-2005, 21:53
I reckon that aswell! Sonia has turned nasty towards Pauline, her comment about loansharks was funny though.

littlemo
26-02-2005, 22:40
Martin and Sonia have to pay part of the mortgage off every month. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I definetely think Sonia should have stuck with her first instinct and insisted her and Martin move into a place of their own. The whoe thing is ridiculous, they have no privacy, Pauline is hell to live with. They are married and she treats them like children. They have a child of their own they hardly need to be looked after.

I think Sonia was well within her rights to have a go at Pauline. They are trying their hardest to pay what they owe, but if they want to enjoy themselves a bit why not, life is for living, and they both do work for it. I don't know how Sonia has put up with Pauline for this long. Sonia is a very strong character, Martin knew this when he married her. She's not going to stand for any crap. The problem is Pauline is too, and this is how the arguing occurs, and Martin is stuck in the middle. Martin definetely doesn't take after his mother, he's not strong at all inside, both Sonia and Pauline are. It's probably what made him fall for Sonia in the first place, she reminds him of his mum., very domineering and opiniated, fiery.

littlemo
27-02-2005, 19:50
And I don't agree that Sonia has turned into a spiteful cow. She is opiniated and she has always been that way. I really admire the character for being able to stand up for herself. Martin just sings to Pauline's tune all the time, he doesn't have any room to think for himself, which is why Sonia has to sort the situation out before it reaches boiling point.

Behemoth
27-02-2005, 19:59
I don't think that she is spiteful but I do think that she has developed an 'edge' to her. I don't think Sonia would normally get angry about Pauline keeping them in. It's like Sonia and Martin have role-reversed.

littlemo
27-02-2005, 21:28
Maybe but Martin and Sonia are married, nobody should be telling anyone what to do. Pauline isn't even Sonia's mother, she's Martin's (obvious I know), so why should she have to put up with his mother.

Andy'sLuckyPony
27-02-2005, 21:35
Well, they should be grateful that Pauline helped out, but she is being very controlling. However, I don't think they've been trying their hardest. I mean, so what they can't go out every night? Once everythings paid off, then they can, and the waiting will make it more fun. I guess.

Treacle
28-02-2005, 15:43
It's a 3 way mortgage. I like this storyline, it's nice to see some kind of realism for a change. What would you like instead of it? Alfie? well don't worry about him he's still getting his screentime and at the moment is depressing the life out of me...Dennis (fair enough) I can see the attraction or I know let's have everybodies favourite storyline *drum roll* it's got to be the wonderful Shannis. That had viewers hooked.

Behemoth
28-02-2005, 18:38
I hate the whole Shannis thing. I agree that the realism of this 'three way mortagage' storyline is nice.

littlemo
28-02-2005, 19:07
Yeah it is, it's just the kind of thing a newly married couple would face in the real world. I love the way Martin and Sonia's relationship has deepened.

Treacle
28-02-2005, 19:29
It's a nice side plot a bit like the Millers problems.

SoapWatcher
01-03-2005, 01:25
I could never ever live with my boyfriends mother! Im so glad we have a place of our own!

Im sure if zoe could afford to live in a flat with kelley then sonia and martin could find a flat to live in, or even share with some other people! Anythings better than Pauline!

Treacle
01-03-2005, 04:46
Zoe still has a flat but she doesn't live in it.