PDA

View Full Version : Corrie's David In Drinking Drama

Chloe O'brien
26-10-2005, 10:15
CORONATION Street will highlight the problem of teenage binge drinking when schoolboy David Platt turns up for classes DRUNK.

The youngster goes off the rails after his dad Martin, played by Sean Wilson, reveals he is moving to Liverpool with his girlfriend.Feeling rejected David (Jack Shepherd) turns to drink. Mum Gail will be seen bringing him home from school sozzled next month.

A Corrie insider said: "Binge drinking among youngsters is getting out of control and the storyline with David Platt reflects this."

Good point to highlight :)

Kim
26-10-2005, 10:54
Sounds good. Can't wait to see this.

Siobhan
26-10-2005, 11:02
CORONATION Street will highlight the problem of teenage binge drinking when schoolboy David Platt turns up for classes DRUNK.

The youngster goes off the rails after his dad Martin, played by Sean Wilson, reveals he is moving to Liverpool with his girlfriend.Feeling rejected David (Jack Shepherd) turns to drink. Mum Gail will be seen bringing him home from school sozzled next month.

A Corrie insider said: "Binge drinking among youngsters is getting out of control and the storyline with David Platt reflects this."

Good point to highlight :)

it is good that they are highlighten this but i think because it is David Platt that I will find it annoy.. he really is just one of those kids that moan all the time...

Luna
26-10-2005, 11:05
sounds good cant wait

Angeltigger
26-10-2005, 11:08
Thats sounds like fun.. Yes it has gone out of control and i can see why they use David Platt as he the one that don't like it when things don't go his way.

hellsbells
26-10-2005, 11:39
oh good, about time david platt had a storyline of his own. I think he's really good, although very annoying.
Didn't his voice break when he was about 8? He's always been like this little old man!!

LostVoodoo
26-10-2005, 12:41
argh he's one got one facial expression, and if they shaved his eyebrows off he wouldn't have any, how is he going to act drunk?
good idea for David though, i can see the point. but why have him turn up to class drunk? they always have to go one step too far, having him drunk outside the chippy with a gang of unruly mates and hurling abuse at people like Blanche and Norris would be better.

Angeltigger
26-10-2005, 12:49
argh he's one got one facial expression, and if they shaved his eyebrows off he wouldn't have any, how is he going to act drunk?
good idea for David though, i can see the point. but why have him turn up to class drunk? they always have to go one step too far, having him drunk outside the chippy with a gang of unruly mates and hurling abuse at people like Blanche and Norris would be better.

It easy to act drunk- you just don't walk straight and make word not sound right. They are going to make him go to school as Gail is the kind of mum who send her children to school wheather they are ill or not... it will not have the same feeling if he is drunk outside the chippy with a gang of unruly mates and hurling abuse at people like Blanche and Norris. it will just be like what some teenagers are like..

Katy
26-10-2005, 14:05
It should be good. Its an interesting point to highlight.

Debs
26-10-2005, 14:12
sounds good

Keating's babe
26-10-2005, 14:14
It's about time David got another storyline as he has been in the background a lot lately. I can see what people mean about the voice though. :p

Teenage drinking does happen and it's good to highlight issues in soaps.

eastenders mad
26-10-2005, 17:59
this is the first time David has had a storyline to himself. good on him

feelingyellow
26-10-2005, 18:12
sounds good, finally david gets a proper storyline :)

kerry4nigel
26-10-2005, 21:26
Can't wait for this i love david, he's funny and deserves a proper storyline :cheer:

samantha nixon
31-10-2005, 14:18
this sounds good

Debs
31-10-2005, 14:19
yeah it does it will be good to see him doing something!

Angeltigger
11-11-2005, 10:51
When is the storyline coming out or has it come out already

brenda1971
11-11-2005, 10:55
I think that it will be good as it will show the bad side of binge drinking.But I find his yorkshire accent really annoying

samantha nixon
11-11-2005, 15:31
the storylines already happened

Angeltigger
11-11-2005, 16:19
the storylines already happened
When did it happened

samantha nixon
11-11-2005, 16:45
one day this week either monday or wednesday i think it was monday