PDA

View Full Version : Shane Connor aka Joe Scully

Jemma
25-10-2005, 14:08
I don't know if people already know or not but I have finally found out about what happened with Shane Connor...(this is from the guardian website by the way)

To millions of viewers around the world, the residents of Ramsay Street, Erinsborough, are the kind of wholesome folk they would love to have living next door. But off screen, the cast of the television soap Neighbours are engaged in bitter spats, drug addictions and personal dramas, a court has heard.
The warts-and-all insight into Australia's longest-running soap comes during an unfair dismissal claim brought by a former star, Shane Connor.

Mr Connor played the family man Joe Scully for four years and is suing the show's producer, Grundy Television, for wrongful termination of his contract in September 2003. He is seeking A$200,000 (£85,000) for nine months of lost earnings.
Court hears how Neighbours are not always good friends

Bernard O'Riordan
Tuesday October 25, 2005
The Guardian

To millions of viewers around the world, the residents of Ramsay Street, Erinsborough, are the kind of wholesome folk they would love to have living next door. But off screen, the cast of the television soap Neighbours are engaged in bitter spats, drug addictions and personal dramas, a court has heard.
The warts-and-all insight into Australia's longest-running soap comes during an unfair dismissal claim brought by a former star, Shane Connor.

Mr Connor played the family man Joe Scully for four years and is suing the show's producer, Grundy Television, for wrongful termination of his contract in September 2003. He is seeking A$200,000 (£85,000) for nine months of lost earnings.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The court in Victoria heard yesterday that Mr Connor developed an amphetamine problem while employed on the show, clashed with cast members and crew and disrupted the filming schedule because he was late.
The actor admitted suffering from "amphetamine hangovers" on the set in April 2003 that affected his performances, but denied being aggressive or unprofessional.

"I was at the time dealing with an amphetamine problem," Mr Connor told the court. "I believe that I was not [acting] as good as I could have been."

On Friday the court was shown a tape with scenes featuring Mr Connor, as Scully, struggling with the delivery of lines and becoming frustrated.

During one outtake, the actor let out a roar of frustration after stumbling over his words.

But he claimed that Janet Andrewartha, who played his on-screen wife Lyn Scully, did not like him and was behind most of the "nitpicking" complaints to producers behind his back.

The hearing continues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, the actors that play Jack Scully and Karl Kennedy have given evidence or are going to be giving evidence in his defence, and some of the cast are on speed but producers have turned a blind eye and this is why Shane connor says he was unfairly dismissed...

~charlie-lou~
07-11-2005, 00:15
It always depresses me somehow, I mean, I know full well that what we get on our screens is acting, but just the thought that they're a load of scuzzballs, it really somehow lets you down. :(

chimwemwe
09-11-2005, 18:35
http://perfectblend.net/news/

there's a bit more on the story here