PDA

View Full Version : Subject Closed?

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 08:24
Can someone explain.....who decides when a thread is closed?
Surely a thread should remain open as long as there are people to add comments!

Jade
19-04-2005, 08:58
It is normally the Mods or Admins. If someone asks a question and it is answered then the subject is closed.

Meh
19-04-2005, 11:05
And we also move threads that are posted in the wrong forum (like this one).

The majoity of the time threads are closed because they are duplicate, or the thread starter can't be bothered to search the forums and instead posts asking a question thats been answered a million and one times. The irony is that the answer is normally a couple of threads down ...

Moving ...

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 11:19
Why are you moving this thread????

Meh
19-04-2005, 11:25
Because you posted it in Family Affairs->Spoilers forum.

The thread has absolutely nothing to do with family affairs and isn't a spolier either, so logic suggests that this is in the wrong forum ...

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 11:36
but it wasn't posted in the Family Affairs forum??? It is posted in the Home and Away forum....I used to think the BBC mods were tought but you guys are tough cookies!

chance
19-04-2005, 11:38
its not got anything to do with home and away either thou has it?

Jade
19-04-2005, 11:43
If we wernt tough the board would be a mess!! what with all the duplicate posts and people posting in the wrong forums

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 11:43
but it has because the thread I was referring to was a Home and Away thread!
I thought when the BBC site closed that this site would surely offer a great forum for discussion, however it seems that the mods seem to have let the "authority" go to their heads-come on guys this is supposed to be a fun way to exchange our spoilers and discuss future storylines without facing unreasonable comments-what ever happened to freedom of speach!
Lets play nicely!

chance
19-04-2005, 11:44
i don't think your all tough,i think its all done pretty fairly,much better then the other board i used to go on. :)

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 11:48
I disagree Chance. I would be interested to know the mods ages because from previous reponses I have viewed on the forums the reponses seem less than mature.

Jade
19-04-2005, 11:51
Peoples ages are on their profiles if they want you to know. Can you give some examples of what responses you thing are immature.

Thanks

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 11:56
I think that if someone has taken the time to post a thread, granted it may have been posted previously but surely they deserve to be allowed a discussion on their chosen subject. I do not agree that a mod takes the decision the close a thread just because they happen to know the information. Give everyone a fair chance, surely you allow for error. I can certainly understand the removal of bad language or personal comments about another user but come on give new and old users a fair go...

Jade
19-04-2005, 11:58
Yes they should be allowed a discussion on their chosen subject, but it only takes two ticks to look through the forum to see if there is already a discussion going on.

You previously said you thought some of the Mods responses were immature, can you give some examples please.

Meh
19-04-2005, 12:19
but it has because the thread I was referring to was a Home and Away thread!
I thought when the BBC site closed that this site would surely offer a great forum for discussion, however it seems that the mods seem to have let the "authority" go to their heads-come on guys this is supposed to be a fun way to exchange our spoilers and discuss future storylines without facing unreasonable comments-what ever happened to freedom of speach!
Lets play nicely!

It doesn't matter what the thread was - you posted in the spoiler forum which is blatantly wrong. Maybe you need to read the rules (http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=223) of this site?

I think you are getting confused with Freedom of Speech and keeping this board organised. Maybe you like reading fragmented threads posted in wrong forums?

Now, what I do have an issue with is when someone suggests the Mods on this board are on a power trip. I haven't seen evidence of that so can you please give me some examples or are you just trolling?

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 12:31
I have been checking the boards as i had noticed that Watford Queen has been quite intolerant in the past.

Once again you seem to be constantly on the defence, surely this board is suppsoed to be enjoyable. Mordor I find your attitude very poor and very attacking.

This tread started off as a question and excluding Judejude you have turned this into a war of words.

As for my post I am 100% sure I posted my thread in the correct forum if it wasn't I apologise but surely a member should not be subjected to such attack over a thread??!?? Can you see that by getting heated about a thread does not serve your role a a mod very well? At no time did I use offensive language or distress to anyone reading this tread, however you seem to insist on going on the defence-I'm not against you just making a vlaid point, which you seem unable to discuss calmly.

I think the best possible outcome to avoid this back and forth, is that you advsie me of the 'owner' of this site and I will discuss it with him or her, rather than involve you.

Meh
19-04-2005, 13:40
I have been checking the boards as i had noticed that Watford Queen has been quite intolerant in the past.

Once again you seem to be constantly on the defence, surely this board is suppsoed to be enjoyable. Mordor I find your attitude very poor and very attacking.

This tread started off as a question and excluding Judejude you have turned this into a war of words.

As for my post I am 100% sure I posted my thread in the correct forum if it wasn't I apologise but surely a member should not be subjected to such attack over a thread??!?? Can you see that by getting heated about a thread does not serve your role a a mod very well? At no time did I use offensive language or distress to anyone reading this tread, however you seem to insist on going on the defence-I'm not against you just making a vlaid point, which you seem unable to discuss calmly.

I think the best possible outcome to avoid this back and forth, is that you advsie me of the 'owner' of this site and I will discuss it with him or her, rather than involve you.

Of course this board is enjoyable. Just because you have an issue with following the rules doesn't make it any less enjoyable.

FYI, you weren't attacked. I pointed out to you the rules of this site which you seem to have an issue with. Rules are there to ensure everything runs smoothly - and then you imply that the mods on this board are on a power trip. Please correct me, but implying that isn't turning it into a war of words? Less hypocrisy please.

I'm pretty sure the owner of this site is reading this forum, so you can post all your issues here.

pie_man
19-04-2005, 13:49

Are you a troll trying to start a flame war ... troll alert!

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 13:50
i just think its rude. i feel offended.

Jade
19-04-2005, 13:53
I dont think i'm (that) immature!!!!!!

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 13:57
Why are you offended Rach? my opinions no way include any member and I apologise if you feel that my feelings regarding the mods offended you.

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 14:01
because your having being highly critical of people who i consider friends who are just trying to make things run smoothly for everyone who use the board, we close things if they are duplicates or if they are questions that have been resolved

did you manage to get in touch with the owner of the site? i'm really interested to what they think

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 14:01
Mordor-I'm sorry I don't quite understand you point "Just because you have an issue with following the rules doesn't make it any less enjoyable" of course if I disagree with you it does make it less enjoyable.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this subject.

Jade
19-04-2005, 14:02
Being called Immature was what got me

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 14:05
that too!

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 14:06
Rach-no they wouldn't give me the details of the owner because like you I would also be interested to hear his/her views.
I guess I am just disapointed that when the BBC boards were running there was a definate sense of community and althought I like so many had strong opinions of threads that were removed from the boards they would never been drawn into a debate and at least opinions were always valued.
If you refer back you will see that my argument was defending a previous thread by a member who's email was closed.

Siobhan
19-04-2005, 14:08
I can understand the point of closing threads, especially repeat ones.. there have been alot of threads on the same subject which makes it boring at times to be asked and answer the same questions.

As for moving threads, again I agree. If you are someone who doesn't want to know what is going to happen next and a spoiler appears on a general chat, i don't think you would be too impressed.

I have read a lot of threads on this site, in all soaps/drama/general etc and I have never seen any of the Mods behaving incorrectly or closing/moving threads without a just reason..

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 14:09
hmmm, if you send an email to the admin, they will get the owner to respond, all we know is he is male, and very good looking by all accounts kinda like charlie's angels???

there is a sense of community here, so far there have only been a few problems, please remember this board was actually created in response to the beeb one closing

*JSW*
19-04-2005, 14:09
God what an awful set of words from one person. You guys are all excellent mods and keep this board in fine nick. Obviously your going to get the few occasional people who start threads like these but in all I think things are going excellently and there's an excellent harmony and atmosphere on here....

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 14:10
I can understand the point of closing threads, especially repeat ones.. there have been alot of threads on the same subject which makes it boring at times to be asked and answer the same questions.

As for moving threads, again I agree. If you are someone who doesn't want to know what is going to happen next and a spoiler appears on a general chat, i don't think you would be too impressed.

I have read a lot of threads on this site, in all soaps/drama/general etc and I have never seen any of the Mods behaving incorrectly or closing/moving threads without a just reason..

Thank You!!!!

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 14:10
as you will remember Judejude my comment was referenced to Walford Queen.
I'm sure this thread will require closing soon to deter from any further debate.
As I said previously I think agree to differ is the only way to go on this one...

Jade
19-04-2005, 14:11
Rach-no they wouldn't give me the details of the owner because like you I would also be interested to hear his/her views.
I guess I am just disapointed that when the BBC boards were running there was a definate sense of community and althought I like so many had strong opinions of threads that were removed from the boards they would never been drawn into a debate and at least opinions were always valued.
If you refer back you will see that my argument was defending a previous thread by a member who's email was closed.

Its fine to have strong opinions its (aslong as they are constructive).

I also think there is a strong sense of community on this board

bernard
19-04-2005, 14:11
hey i dont see wat all this fuss is about.the mods have moved sum of my threads in the past & i can see why they do it. i think the mods r doing a great job of keeping this forum organised. in fact id say it was the most organised forum ive been a memeber of. its really easy to browse this forum, admin listen to suggestions, helpfull and every1 gets on happily. i really cant see why u attacked the mods and the rules of the site.

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 14:15
as you will remember Judejude my comment was referenced to Walford Queen.
I'm sure this thread will require closing soon to deter from any further debate.
As I said previously I think agree to differ is the only way to go on this one...

you questioned the actions of a colleague and friend we are just defending her and all our actions as she is not around to comment,

Jade
19-04-2005, 14:16
Cheers me dear, bernard, thanks for the support.

This thread can remain open until it starts to get out of had, at the moment it seams to be construcive (ish).

It will be intresting to see if anyone else shares your view

molly9991
19-04-2005, 14:19
Hey Guys, I'm sorry but someone has to stand up for Buttonnoon, he/she has only given an opinion and all you guys jump down her throat-opinion is good it helps us develop and improve.
Just chill guys. I'm new to these boards but you guys are harsh and gang up on people. You have been quite frosty towards that girl/boy.

Just let it drop and show us new members that all is good in the world of spoilers!

chance
19-04-2005, 14:19
i think this site is great and there is def a sense of community in here.you can have a joke with the mods etc and they are all very friendly.mordor is always adding new bits and pieces to keep us all interested and to improve the site.much better then any other site ive been on,well done to all of you who run it! :cheer:

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 14:20
i agree, big thanks to all who support what we try and do, please feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!!

Meh
19-04-2005, 14:21
Mordor-I'm sorry I don't quite understand you point "Just because you have an issue with following the rules doesn't make it any less enjoyable" of course if I disagree with you it does make it less enjoyable.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this subject.

If that was the case, anarchy would rule supreme.

Jade
19-04-2005, 14:22
We are open to critisim (sp?)by you have to expect us to defend ourselves when we get it

molly9991
19-04-2005, 14:27
Anarchy?? its a spoilers board darling, don't you think you're all getting a bit too excited about this.
I'm sure ou are all fantastic and great and gorgeous and super but come on its a spoilers board and we're not debating world peace-am I right?
How do I get in touch with that Buttonmoon chick/boy?-somebody needs to chill and calm down and not be so anal about this discussion (apologies if anal offends!)
I think this is a minor form of bullying and is defo not good.

Meh
19-04-2005, 14:27
Hey Guys, I'm sorry but someone has to stand up for Buttonnoon, he/she has only given an opinion and all you guys jump down her throat-opinion is good it helps us develop and improve.
Just chill guys. I'm new to these boards but you guys are harsh and gang up on people. You have been quite frosty towards that girl/boy.

Just let it drop and show us new members that all is good in the world of spoilers!

Moll9991 and buttonnoon2004 - tell me, its great being on btopenworld isn't it?

For those not understanding Molly9991 and buttonnoon2004 logged on from the same ip address. The chances of that happening on the same thread is remote. Oh, I just ran another check and the ip addresses match exactly so they are the one and same person

Bloody trolls.

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 14:28
We are open to critisim (sp?)by you have to expect us to defend ourselves when we get it

i agree, thats why i have a problem with criticism of queeny, especially she isn't around to defend herself, thats just mean and reflects on us all

Meh
19-04-2005, 14:32
forget it guys, they are trolling.

I'm pretty sure trolling is an instant ban.

Please form an orderly queue ...

Meh
19-04-2005, 14:33
whats even funnier molly9991 registered about 10 mins ago and posted so quick! - not even a hi!

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 14:33
we'll let you do the honours charlie!!!!

Siobhan
19-04-2005, 14:34
Moll9991 and buttonnoon2004 - tell me, its great being on btopenworld isn't it?

For those not understanding Molly9991 and buttonnoon2004 logged on from the same ip address. The chances of that happening on the same thread is remote. Oh, I just ran another check and the ip addresses match exactly so they are the one and same person

Bloody trolls.

remind me never to critise you!!! Joking. I have nothing against the way the site is been and has been run.. everyone seems really friendly and there has been many discussions in the past without resorting to attacking anyone.

Sorry buttonnoon2004 but i think most people will agree with Mods on this one, it is part of the rules

Meh
19-04-2005, 14:35
in fact, i think i'm gonna have a forums gold section where we can put theads like this!

molly9991
19-04-2005, 14:35
how wrong are you.....you need to check the static IP address again before making such a statement I have just checked with my IT department and they disagree that no too static IP addresses are the same-so I think you need to apologise.
Also I take offense at your bad language.

Siobhan
19-04-2005, 14:36
how wrong are you.....you need to check the static IP address again before making such a statement I have just checked with my IT department and they disagree that no too static IP addresses are the same-so I think you need to apologise.

what bad language????

Jade
19-04-2005, 14:37
where is *JSW*?

molly9991
19-04-2005, 14:39
"Bloody trolls" not a great word to use in a discussion.

Meh
19-04-2005, 14:40

oh really? i don't think so. tell your alleged 'IT dept' that I just did a traceroute and lo and behold!

Apologise? I think ban more like!

Siobhan
19-04-2005, 14:41

I suppose not but it is a lot better than what can be used!!!!

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 14:41
as i said over to you CHARLIE!!!!

Meh
19-04-2005, 14:43

It is when people try to fool others on the board.

Deny it all you want ... I got the evidence

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 14:44
Once again after another dozen threads...you continue to argue on and on. 2-pages ago I did suggest to agree to disagree but I guess that was over looked!

You seem more irrate Mordor than ever.....you have proved my point over and over again you lack the control to moderate the boards!

I await you ban....

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 14:45
Modour-I got the evidence you think???? I doubt it.

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 14:46
Bring back the BBC boards all is forgiven....

chance
whos charlie?

Siobhan
Once again after another dozen threads...you continue to argue on and on. 2-pages ago I did suggest to agree to disagree but I guess that was over looked!

You seem more irrate Mordor than ever.....you have proved my point over and over again you lack the control to moderate the boards!

I await you ban....

The thread was kept open to see if someone agreed with you...

Meh
19-04-2005, 14:47
Irate? No way!

This thread is going Gold - I haven had this much fun for ages!

Bad Wolf

I await you ban....

i told you why we fought back, your attacking Walford Queen who isn't here to answer her self, i take it you dont defend you friends then??

buttonnoon2004
yeah who is Charlie?

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 14:48
yeah but Siobhan I'm having trouble getting an agreement!

Meh
19-04-2005, 14:49
Hey people, I feel a song coming on ...

Always looks on the bright side of life
De dum de dum

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 14:50
but Rach you're definition of a friend and mine is probably very different. Do you see these other members, go shopping, etc. I think you have common ground granted but friendship of any real depth I doubt tha

Meh

So you created Molly. How sweet.

Siobhan

As I said early, it is because you are asking about a rule, why the thread has been moved/closed.. In this case the thread was in home & away spoilers, and yet this has nothing to do with home and away... so can't see anyone taking your side sorry!!

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 14:51
Mordor is singing oh my....my afternoon gets worse!

chance
this is funny! :lol:

Bad Wolf
yeah who is Charlie?

hmmm, if you send an email to the admin, they will get the owner to respond, all we know is he is male, and very good looking by all accounts kinda like charlie's angels???

did you find out who owns the site?

Meh
19-04-2005, 14:52
This gets even better:

When Buttonnoon is online, molly is offline and viceversa!!!

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 14:52
but it was relating to a previous thread that was a Home & Away thread-do you see my reasoning? (probably not, no one has up to now!) however, I still think my argument stands and I'm standing firm!!

Siobhan
19-04-2005, 14:54

Also I am not a moderator, I am just a user. I don't know any of the Mods here. I was only starting to user the EE room when it was closed so I was new there... I like this site, and feel it is been run fairly

chance
19-04-2005, 14:54
This gets even better:

When Buttonnoon is online, molly is offline and viceversa!!!
sad state of affairs!

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 14:55
OK, so not only is Mondor considered the group singer but is also an expert in IT - stick to the singing because your storytelling isn't all that!

Siobhan
19-04-2005, 14:56
but it was relating to a previous thread that was a Home & Away thread-do you see my reasoning? (probably not, no one has up to now!) however, I still think my argument stands and I'm standing firm!!

I do understand but it is stil not a home and away question.. it is a general one. I have often asked question raised in other areas in this forum because I wanted a general answer to a question... I find my responses have always been prompt and explained further if I didn't understand and had to re-clarify my question to the Mods

buttonnoon2004
and I have still haven't got a contact for the creator of this site!!

Bad Wolf
did the adminastrator not respond?

chance
19-04-2005, 14:57
i don't think you need to be a 'expert' in i.t to find these things out,ive heard its fairly easy,my niece can do it and shes still at school and 15.

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 14:59
this is brilliant,

buttonnoon2004
but thats all I was doing Siobhan, giving my opinion, now we are 6 pages on and still battling on, with Mondor singing and going on about IP addresses and getting more stressed by the minute, when all I wanted to say was MY THREAD RELATED TO A HOME & AWAY THREAD, SO IF I DIDN'T PLACE IT IN THE CORRECT FORUM I APOLOGISE BUT REALLY DID WE NEED 6 PAGES TO DISCUSS THIS.

Siobhan
i don't think you need to be a 'expert' in i.t to find these things out,ive heard its fairly easy,my niece can do it and shes still at school and 15.

It is very very easy to find out.. I work in an IT company and we rely on individual IP address of machines to work.. 10 people could all log on the same machine but the IP address remains the same until the DNS server gives it a different one

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:00
how do I contact the administrator? Althought at this stage I'm losing the will to live....

chance
6? i thought we are on pg 3?

Bad Wolf
you picked the fight, by being critical, have we not got a right to defend ourselves???

Siobhan
19-04-2005, 15:01
but thats all I was doing Siobhan, giving my opinion, now we are 6 pages on and still battling on, with Mondor singing and going on about IP addresses and getting more stressed by the minute, when all I wanted to say was MY THREAD RELATED TO A HOME & AWAY THREAD, SO IF I DIDN'T PLACE IT IN THE CORRECT FORUM I APOLOGISE BUT REALLY DID WE NEED 6 PAGES TO DISCUSS THIS.

Personally no, but you did attack the Mods on this discussion and everyone has a right to respond

Meh
I do understand but it is stil not a home and away question.. it is a general one. I have often asked question raised in other areas in this forum because I wanted a general answer to a question... I find my responses have always been prompt and explained further if I didn't understand and had to re-clarify my question to the Mods

Siobhan, ignore him/her. They are just trolling.

buttonnoon2004
Well I work on an internal email system and worst luck my office is directly opposite the IT dept and I can only go by what they told me and I have never or will I ever have a relationship with Molly!

Meh
how do I contact the administrator? Althought at this stage I'm losing the will to live....

Try the contact form?

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:02
my page says 6 but Mordor will probably disagree with me on that issue too!!

Meh
19-04-2005, 15:03
7 actually

Come on Molly, isn't it your turn to logon?

Jade
19-04-2005, 15:04
Mine says page 7.

You are missing something very obvious here!

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:04
I was on the BBC boards for over a year and have never been caleld a troll!

I certainly didn't create a thread on the boards to cause a 6 no 7 page argument!

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 15:05
i'm on 7 too

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:05
You are soo right Mordor we are now on page 7....are you feeling a little less stressed now?? All this playful banter can play havok with a girls blood pressure!

Siobhan
19-04-2005, 15:06
Siobhan, ignore him/her. They are just trolling.

I don't mind.. I am guess it is a woman.. emma is on her signature

buttonnoon2004, by your own quote on page 4 "they disagree that no too static IP addresses are the same".. that is the point.. no 2 static ip address are the same, so if Mordor found two the same with different name attached to it, it suggests the same machine.. IP address is what a lot of polls/competition use to stop you voting a lot of times under different names :)

Jade
19-04-2005, 15:06
Good discussion though,

But Walford Queen hasnt even posted for quite some time now, but never the less she did a great job

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 15:07
who are you calling a bird? mordor would suggest bloke to me, i'm sure red name type means something too, but i've forgotton what exactly

bernard
19-04-2005, 15:07
mordor i work 4 bt openworld. can u send me the ip addresses so i can check and settle this

Siobhan
19-04-2005, 15:09
who are you calling a bird? mordor would suggest bloke to me, i'm sure red name type means something too, but i've forgotton what exactly

I was talking about buttonnoon2004 been a woman

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:09
but I can only call it as I find it. I have been going onto spolier boards for years and have never had a problem that is until today and what a day its been I've got Mordor "the mighty" fighting her corner, with Judejude giving an odd but has to be said constructive comment and then Siobhan who seems to have the most calm composure out of all of us!

Meh
19-04-2005, 15:10
Emailed.

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 15:11
I was talking about buttonnoon2004 been a woman

i was on about button moons comment about mordor seemingly being more carm now, sorry!!! xxx

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:11
but Judejude you aksed who I found to be rude and I said Walford Queen I did not start an argument with the lady, I would have niot mentioned her name unless asked-I'm not that bad!

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:12
OK my web pople I must depart and do some work...you are all very distracting..
I'm sure I shall return but possible will not be posting threads or entering any future debates!

Siobhan
19-04-2005, 15:12
but I can only call it as I find it. I have been going onto spolier boards for years and have never had a problem that is until today and what a day its been I've got Mordor "the mighty" fighting her corner, with Judejude giving an odd but has to be said constructive comment and then Siobhan who seems to have the most calm composure out of all of us!

thank you, i think.. I have nothing to gain or lose by taking sides but I do believe the site needs rule.
Honestly I think this would have been settled long ago if you had asked any of the Mod why that particular thread was closed to begin with that cause you to start this thread..

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 15:13
fair enough, if we were rash at jumping to her defence then i'm sorry, but she hasen't posted for a while, and there are better examples of hostility

Jade
19-04-2005, 15:13
In your original post you said you though the mods were immature, I asked for specific examples. The best you came up with was Walford Queen who hasnt posted for a few months and what she did post I didnt find to be immature at all.

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:14
You are pobably right Siobhan but in my defence I did try to finish this discussion about 5 pages ago!

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:15
OK, we will leave it at that. I think Mordor will miss me but sadly the time has come to part-until next time proud worrier!!

Siobhan
19-04-2005, 15:15
Can I just say thanks to buttonnoon2004 and the Mods.. I enjoyed this :)

bernard
19-04-2005, 15:16
i can confirm molly and button r the same. very sad wen people have to resort to this.

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 15:16
me too, healthy debate is good

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:18
Bernard-you're too late to get involved now-but maybe next time!

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:19
I have to agree with you Rach. You all 'fight' fare I have to say it was a pleasure argueing with you.

Siobhan

I think people can get involved anytime... thread is not closed yet!!

Jade

This thread is open to all posters.

Been caught out have we? And you said us Mods were immature!!!!!:rotfl:

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:21
caught??? Ohh Judejude don't be a bad sport-enjoy the banter and don't be so serious!

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:23
You are correct Siobhan this thread could end up being the longest in history!!

Jade
Oh I am enjoying it. Just think its a bit sad when people have to "invent" friends. Also a bit Immature!

Meh
caught??? Ohh Judejude don't be a bad sport-enjoy the banter and don't be so serious!

Banter? Where's the dunce hat? :lol:

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 15:25
sorry to state the obvious, and apologies if i offend anyon, but if you dont like what we do, then dont post!!!

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:26
Its a shame that Mordor has resorted to such cruel and mean words that he knows will offend!

Meh
I'm missing molly!

Bad Wolf
such as?????

Jade
19-04-2005, 15:27
Cruel and Mean words? where?

buttonnoon2004
19-04-2005, 15:27
Have a good afternoon ladies/gents. Shame its ended on such a poor note.

Jade
19-04-2005, 15:28
Shame for who?

Meh
19-04-2005, 15:30
cruel and mean? are those two users you are thinking of creating????

Jade
19-04-2005, 15:31
Could be two of the evil seven dewarfs

*JSW*
19-04-2005, 15:32
:lol:

My God an arguement and I wasn't even involved! Buttonnoon making an alias was stupid as its just totally undermined your case! Not that there ever was one. Where are these cruel and mean words?

Meh
19-04-2005, 15:34
I know *JSW* - where were you?

Bad Wolf
dunno, why could try looking for them

Jade
I think bloody troll was what they were refering to

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 15:36
could't have been so much worse!! could have called them something far far worse!

*JSW*
19-04-2005, 15:36
Ah!

Though ona more serious note I think this thread has highlighted a more serious problem. Surely anyone who creates an alias should be banned as with past experience of other sites it causes a hell of an amount of problems if that jar is opened...

Meh
19-04-2005, 15:37
anyway, for trolling they are going have to be banned
anyone disagree?

*JSW*
19-04-2005, 15:38
I know *JSW* - where were you?
Uh life called. I can see you've all had a hoot and a half!

Jade
could't have been so much worse!! could have called them something far far worse!

I thought we were quite refrained!!!! considering

Siobhan
anyone disagree?

Nope..

*JSW*
anyone disagree?
I think you won't find any objections....

Jade
19-04-2005, 15:39
anyone disagree?

You wont here any disagreement from me

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 15:39
i totally agree, i think it constitutes an instant ban, as well as showing a total act of despiration!!!

Meh
19-04-2005, 15:43
both have been banned.

Bad Wolf
19-04-2005, 15:45
good

bernard
19-04-2005, 15:45
nice 1

chance
19-04-2005, 16:47
can she not just create another username etc or is there some way which you ban them completly?

Meh
19-04-2005, 16:52
There is a mechanism in place to decrease the likelyhood of them joining again.

chance
19-04-2005, 16:57
how sad though that she had to create a little friend to stick up for her,quite funny,shames shes gone really we could have carried this thread on forever! lol

Meh
19-04-2005, 17:05
She has carried it over - to email.

*JSW*
19-04-2005, 17:09
Will it ever end?

Meh
19-04-2005, 17:12
I'm letting joanna deal with it. Even I think twice before messing with her!

chance
19-04-2005, 20:21
whos joanna?

Meh
19-04-2005, 21:52
Another admin

SoapWatcher
20-04-2005, 05:43
Cor this has been entertaining! I think button wossname has an imaginary IT department!

Behemoth
20-04-2005, 09:43
I've just been reading through this thread and it's quite funny the way that button person couldn't find anyone to agree with her so she created someone! I like the Forums Gold idea too, Mordor...stuff like this can't just be deleted!

Trinity
20-04-2005, 10:54
I have to protest!
The Button girl was a bit silly protesting about something that was so obviously right (i.e. closing a thread when the question had been answered, and then moving a thread when it didn't relate to the topic), and she was a bit sad inventing a supporter. But, she wasn't genuinely abusive and you guys did gang up on her. This thread has been like watching one of those wildlife programmes where a pride of lions tear a gazelle to bits!

As she was at work there is always the possibility that she shares her pc with a co-worker, or am I being naieve?

Meh
20-04-2005, 11:47
Nope, she wasn't generally abusive, but she did break the rules of the site. Firstly she started a flame war, then trolled, and then created a new persona to troll.

Yes, there is the possibility she shared the connection with a co-worker, but you'd never just have the one pc on the net - both would be. It would give the same IP address but both users would be logged onto the site, not one at a time as was the pattern with Molly and Buttonnoon.

Lets not forget the mods moderate this site voluntarily. I don't take it lightly at all if petty accusations are made. If anyone has an issue, the correct procedure would be to complain via email, not on a public forum.

Trinity
20-04-2005, 11:55
Then we would all have missed out on the fun!

I must just be an old softy, I still feel sorry for her...

Trinity
20-04-2005, 11:58
I have another question re. the email option mentioned above, can eveyone use it now or is it still limited to people with over 1000 posts?

Trinity
20-04-2005, 12:00
It's okay, I have just seen that we can email the webmaster, but not individual people

Meh
20-04-2005, 12:01
Email? Or do you mean PM?

Trinity
20-04-2005, 12:05
Yep, I was confused by the message you get on the email link on your personal details page. It says that the individual (Mordor) has elected not to receive email, but you can then connect to the administrator. I guess that you have access to that?

BTW, what is a flame war? And what does Troll mean - it sounds like something from Middle Earth!

Behemoth
20-04-2005, 13:02
I was about to ask that, Shari. I'm a bit confused!

Bad Wolf
20-04-2005, 13:14
a flame war is where you purposefully provoke an arguement and are generally not very nice with someone, and i think a troll is where your the same person who has registered two or more user names

hope this helps, mordor is the best person to ask tho

Trinity
20-04-2005, 13:32
Thanks Rach.

Behemoth
20-04-2005, 13:41
...Firstly she started a flame war, then trolled, and then created a new persona to troll.

If trolling is having more than one user name then I don't get that ^^

Bad Wolf
20-04-2005, 13:44
i dont know where the term comes from to be honest, but its a bit odd pretending to be two different people just to get your point across which is what they were doing,

its about safety on the web, so you can't place multiple votes for things or hijack competitions

Trinity
20-04-2005, 14:04
I looked back over the 12(!) pages of this thread, and earlier on Mordor says something about trolling being to fool people, and I guess that having duplicate personna is the ultimate as far as fooling goes on a message board.

I still think that a ban was a bit harsh.

Bad Wolf
20-04-2005, 14:11
i dont think so, they were getting quite nasty, it was giid fun though, the only reason we ganged up, is because they didn't really have much of a point

Trinity
20-04-2005, 14:15
You don't think that you maybe backed her into a corner?

Trinity
20-04-2005, 14:17
I know that rules are rules, but she did try to get out of it before it got to nasty, and you all kept on drawing her back in....

Bad Wolf
20-04-2005, 14:20
no, she picked on someone who wasn't here to defend herself (walford queen) and then attacked mordor, if she criticises one of us, it reflects on us all, the fact that she did that trolling thing just made it worse, at the end of the day there is only one person who is totally in charge of the site, they created it because the beeb one was closing,

if she didn't like how we were doing things then she didn't need to post, not every site suits everyone,

Trinity
20-04-2005, 14:28
I take it that Mordor - the One Ring - is the chief modorater, Charlie character?

I have to say, I think that you guys have done a terrific job. I used the BBC site before it closed, I notice the the Beeb have since closed their teletext soaps so far page, too, as well as the last night review page. The service is really being decimated. I think some culture vulture must really have a strange view about what interests people!

Bad Wolf
20-04-2005, 14:30
she didn't realise who mordor was (in charge) i think she just thoughth he was staff, i tried comparing him to charlie from charlie angels (mysterious owner who controls everything) but no one got it

MysticKitten
25-04-2005, 00:40
Hiya all, just reading all these posts crikey its mad isnt it. I think that maybe buttonoon?? was pre menstrual and just wanted to argue it seems that way to me. In favour of the mods whenever I have asked a question they have answered me right away. It is voluntary and there are loads of us on this site now so perhaps we should just be grateful. Regarding Button there is one word for people with 2 personalities - schitzo! :wall: