PDA

View Full Version : Slattery to join Street

Chloe O'brien
24-10-2005, 15:49
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005490272,00.html

COMIC Tony Slattery is to join Coronation Street as a lovesick bookie.
He was offered a part in the ITV1 soap after “dazzling” bosses with his improvising talents at an audition.

Tony, 45, will play Eric, who dates alcoholic Carol Baldwin — ex-wife of cheating factory boss Danny.
A Granada insider said: “We are absolutely delighted to have Tony on board.

“He did one of his trademark ad-lib routines for his audition and it dazzled the producers.
“He is usually known for his comedy but he is a hell of an actor, too.”
Tony starts filming this week and will be on screen in December.

He follows ex-Red Dwarf star Craig Charles, who plays taxi boss Lloyd Mullaney, into the Street.

Bryan
24-10-2005, 15:51
i seem to recognise him :hmm: was he in bad girls recently?

magtart
25-10-2005, 12:14
:searchme: :confused: This sounds a bit like desperation to me. Corrie seems to be a bit of a sinking ship at the moment with the very poor storylines. What is this new character going to do - run a bookies! Ooh how exciting! Scriptwriters get your brains in gear!

Trinity
25-10-2005, 14:19
He used to be a famous comic - not any more obviously!

LostVoodoo
25-10-2005, 15:45
Tony Slattery is really good, i can't wait for him to be in it. hopefully he'll just play a normal bloke, something which Corrie is lacking amongst comedy characters and psychos at the mo. i remember him from Who's Line Is It Anyway? and also he was in that failing school drama with Julie Walters earlier this year.
but bah! what is Carol doing staying in the show...

Siobhan
25-10-2005, 16:02
i seem to recognise him :hmm: was he in bad girls recently?
Yeah, he played one of the officers who was investigating Fenners Death... he is really good, I have seen him in quiet a lot of thing both comedy and serious..

i_luv_dennis
25-10-2005, 17:07
cant remember him