PDA

View Full Version : Rumour which may be true!

xCharliex
21-10-2005, 17:22
According to Heart Radio rumour has it the one and only Ms Zoe Lucker (Tanya Turner) from Footie Wives is apparently going to replace Shelly. Whether that means her actual character i doubt but i assume they mean as the new owner or landlady of the Rovers

Chris_2k11
21-10-2005, 17:23
It gets more OTT everyday! :rolleyes:

i_luv_dennis
21-10-2005, 19:11
i no yeah

lollymay
21-10-2005, 19:17
i agree

alan45
21-10-2005, 19:20
Corrie bosses have denied ths story -- teletext 133

xCharliex
21-10-2005, 19:26
Corrie bosses have denied ths story -- teletext 133

Thanks for clearing that one up alan

Bryan
21-10-2005, 19:26
if this were to happen, but as alan said its been denoied, it would have been fabolous, add a popular actress to an extremly dull show and it would have loads of viewers...including me!

xCharliex
21-10-2005, 19:32
if this were to happen, but as alan said its been denoied, it would have been fabolous, add a popular actress to an extremly dull show and it would have loads of viewers...including me!
IMO it would have been great! Debra Stephenson and Zoe Lucker together in one soap, 2 glam women would have brought a sparkle to the show, id have been watchin

alan45
21-10-2005, 19:53
Sorry BB but Corrie is NOT an extremely dull show. :)

Bryan
21-10-2005, 20:40
IMO it would have been great! Debra Stephenson and Zoe Lucker together in one soap, 2 glam women would have brought a sparkle to the show, id have been watchin

i bet your determiend to get all the women on your banner into one show! lol! i think the woman who played helen stewart (simone ?) would be good in corrie, as she dosent seem to be in much these days :confused:

Bryan
21-10-2005, 20:41
Sorry BB but Corrie is NOT an extremely dull show. :)

we'll just have to agree to disagree alan, its all a matter of opinion, last year id have agreed with you that its a decent show, but this year has been one disapointment after another, its time has come and gone, and eastenders will conquer it once more

Richie_lecturer
21-10-2005, 20:51
add a popular actress to an extremly dull show

That's a bit harsh (imo).

xCharliex
21-10-2005, 20:56
i bet your determiend to get all the women on your banner into one show! lol! i think the woman who played helen stewart (simone ?) would be good in corrie, as she dosent seem to be in much these days :confused:

Haha, nah Corrie is not for all them, Emmerdale yay! lol.
Simone Lahbib is currently pregnant and is due anytime now, she is going to be in an episode of Wire in the Blood will let people know in the Bad Girls thread when! Shes my all time fav! Excellent actress to, but for now i just have to keep watching Bad Girls series 1 on ITV3 lol

Bryan
21-10-2005, 20:58
Haha, nah Corrie is not for all them, Emmerdale yay! lol.
Simone Lahbib is currently pregnant and is due anytime now, she is going to be in an episode of Wire in the Blood will let people know in the Bad Girls thread when! Shes my all time fav! Excellent actress to, but for now i just have to keep watching Bad Girls series 1 on ITV3 lol

and the dvds of series 1 -3, wasnt there rumours that she was going to appear in the musical of bad girls with jack ellis....sorry folks going way off topic here

back to zoe lucker rumour!

xCharliex
21-10-2005, 20:59
and the dvds of series 1 -3, wasnt there rumours that she was going to appear in the musical of bad girls with jack ellis....sorry folks going way off topic here

back to zoe lucker rumour!

Go to Simone Lahbib news just posted new post

Back to Zoe, i think she would be good in Corrie! Wasnt she in it years ago as a nail technician or something, in a scene with Raquel!

alan45
21-10-2005, 21:02
we'll just have to agree to disagree alan, its all a matter of opinion, last year id have agreed with you that its a decent show, but this year has been one disapointment after another, its time has come and gone, and eastenders will conquer it once more

Ha ha I admire your optimism. :) I watched them both tonight and enjoyed Corrie more. More humour more drama and several excellent storylines running at once. Granted EE has improved somewhat but tonight was just the same as usual Peggy shouting and prancing about the square as if she owns it and ranting on about her boys. Not that I like gangsters but Johnny Allen had me fooled with his nice guy act on the doorstep tonight and when he jammed Peggys fingers in the door OUCH!!!!

Abbie
21-10-2005, 21:02
cool id love it if this was true

Richie_lecturer
21-10-2005, 21:15
Ha ha I admire your optimism. :) I watched them both tonight and enjoyed Corrie more. More humour more drama and several excellent storylines running at once. Granted EE has improved somewhat but tonight was just the same as usual Peggy shouting and prancing about the square as if she owns it and ranting on about her boys. Not that I like gangsters but Johnny Allen had me fooled with his nice guy act on the doorstep tonight and when he jammed Peggys fingers in the door OUCH!!!!

Amen to all of that. :)

xCharliex
21-10-2005, 21:38
EH UP, LUCKER!
21 October 2005
ZOE TO TAKE OVER ROVERS

"IT'S only been three days since Sally Lindsay said she was quitting Corrie... But we already know who is being lined up to replace her as The Rovers' landlady!

TV Land can exclusively reveal that Coronation Street bosses are in advanced talks with Footballers' Wives star Zoe Lucker, and should have her signing on the dotted line within weeks. Yay!

Zoe's character will arrive in Weatherfield with her adoring husband (as yet uncast) who is 15 years her senior.

She thinks that part and parcel of being a pub landlady is to flirt outrageously with all the male customers - and sometimes takes things a bit too far.

But her long-suffering hubby always forgives her dalliances. At least, he has done so far...

Our man with his ear to the cobbles says: "Bosses have been working on getting Zoe for weeks and everyone's really excited about the prospect of her joining the show.

"It'll take someone special to replace Shelley but the character they've lined up for Zoe is a classic Corrie landlady - bound to be a winner with viewers. She's perfect."

Zoe quit Footballers' Wives earlier this year to try her hand at other projects.

She dyed her trademark blonde hair dark and made army drama bombshell. But rumour has it that the show isn't much cop. It was relegated from ITV1 to ITV2, but still isn't scheduled to be transmitted any time soon.

After being offered a hefty pay rise, Zoe agreed to return to Footballers' Wives to co-star in a storyline with Joan Collins.

But it's no secret that she's worried about being typecast as bitchy schemer Tanya Turner. So being offered the Corrie job is a real stroke of, er, Lucker.

Being Rovers landlady is one of most high profile jobs in soap and she is in great company - previous pint pullers include Annie Walker (Doris Speed), Bet Lynch (Julie Good year), and Natalie Barnes (Denise Welch).

Well done, Zoe. Make ours a double!"

Bryan
21-10-2005, 21:42
BRING IT ON!!!!

this counteratcs what was on teletext....its obvious this series will be the last of footballers wives as its quality has sunk to an all time low... once zoe leaves for good thats it, and then she can go to corrie and i will watch it once more.

Richie_lecturer
21-10-2005, 21:44
That story is NOT true. Zoe is NOT joining Corrie. Sorry.

Bryan
21-10-2005, 21:49

we'll see

xCharliex
21-10-2005, 21:51
BRING IT ON!!!!

this counteratcs what was on teletext....its obvious this series will be the last of footballers wives as its quality has sunk to an all time low... once zoe leaves for good thats it, and then she can go to corrie and i will watch it once more.

Lol, not sure exactly where that source come from but if its true then it will be great bet her character will be similar to Tanya though

xCharliex
21-10-2005, 21:51

Are you a writer or someone who works on the show?

Bryan
21-10-2005, 21:52
Lol, not sure exactly where that source come from but if its true then it will be great bet her character will be similar to Tanya though

some people are just born to play one role...zoe's is the fiesty tart...and thats what ive loved her for and will always love her for

xCharliex
21-10-2005, 21:53
some people are just born to play one role...zoe's is the fiesty tart...and thats what ive loved her for and will always love her for

She definately playes Tanya brilliantly very OTT! Such a difference to what shes like in real life

Richie_lecturer
21-10-2005, 21:58
Are you a writer or someone who works on the show?

I've got contacts there but I found this out from Associated Press - there was a quote from a Corrie Spokeswoman. It was also on Teletext as well as someone has said.

xCharliex
21-10-2005, 22:01
I've got contacts there but I found this out from Associated Press - there was a quote from a Corrie Spokeswoman. It was also on Teletext as well as someone has said.

Hense why this post is in the rumour mill, but at the end of the day, theres been so many storylines etc where not even cast members were allowed to know, but ya know i dont think people can say its true or isnt true until its confirmed on the Corrie website, ya know what the media are like

Richie_lecturer
21-10-2005, 22:03
Well a Corrie SPOKESPERSON is mentioned, that 99/100 times means that the report I got confirmed the tabloid story was false. A spokesperson is not in the same field as a 'source', 'mole', 'spy' or 'insider' - typical tabloid titles.

xCharliex
21-10-2005, 22:04
Oh well its giving up to talk about isnt it

alan45
21-10-2005, 22:09
The story appeared in the Mirror this morning and denied by ITV this afternoon

Bryan
21-10-2005, 22:11
The story appeared in the Mirror this morning and denied by ITV this afternoon

how many times did the bbc deny ross kemp returning to eastenders?

Luna
22-10-2005, 08:04
IT'S only been three days since Sally Lindsay said she was quitting Corrie... But we already know who is being lined up to replace her as The Rovers' landlady!

TV Land can exclusively reveal that Coronation Street bosses are in advanced talks with Footballers' Wives star Zoe Lucker, and should have her signing on the dotted line within weeks. Yay!

Zoe's character will arrive in Weatherfield with her adoring husband (as yet uncast) who is 15 years her senior.

She thinks that part and parcel of being a pub landlady is to flirt outrageously with all the male customers - and sometimes takes things a bit too far.

But her long-suffering hubby always forgives her dalliances. At least, he has done so far...

Our man with his ear to the cobbles says: "Bosses have been working on getting Zoe for weeks and everyone's really excited about the prospect of her joining the show.

"It'll take someone special to replace Shelley but the character they've lined up for Zoe is a classic Corrie landlady - bound to be a winner with viewers. She's perfect."

Zoe quit Footballers' Wives earlier this year to try her hand at other projects.

She dyed her trademark blonde hair dark and made army drama bombshell. But rumour has it that the show isn't much cop. It was relegated from ITV1 to ITV2, but still isn't scheduled to be transmitted any time soon.

After being offered a hefty pay rise, Zoe agreed to return to Footballers' Wives to co-star in a storyline with Joan Collins.

But it's no secret that she's worried about being typecast as bitchy schemer Tanya Turner. So being offered the Corrie job is a real stroke of, er, Lucker.

Being Rovers landlady is one of most high profile jobs in soap and she is in great company - previous pint pullers include Annie Walker (Doris Speed), Bet Lynch (Julie Good year), and Natalie Barnes (Denise Welch).

Well done, Zoe. Make ours a double!

xCharliex
22-10-2005, 13:54
Page 2 Luna its already been posted

Angeltigger
09-11-2005, 16:23
So is she coming in or not

Richie_lecturer
09-11-2005, 16:26
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

No. :nono:

Angeltigger
09-11-2005, 16:27
ok thanks Richie_lecturer for clearing that up for me