PDA

View Full Version : Second UK tour for Alan Fletcher

Luna
21-10-2005, 07:06
As familiar Neighbours faces of days gone by return for the 20th anniversary this week, current star Alan Fletcher has been planning his next trip to the UK.

Fletcher, known more commonly as sexy doctor Karl Kennedy, plays in a rock band called Waiting Room.

The band were so overwhelmed by support on their last trip to Britain, in May this year, that they decided to come back as soon as possible!

Fletcher, along with band mates Tommy Rando and Chris Hawke, will play eleven gigs, all in Walkabout Australian-themed bars.

Oh theres a walkabout just up the road from me might have to go aloing and have a listen :D

LostVoodoo
21-10-2005, 10:01
oh dear, i just know i'm gonna end up at one of these again...

Luna
21-10-2005, 10:03
oohhh was it good the last time??

LostVoodoo
21-10-2005, 17:56
yeah it was actually. i saw him at Walkabout in Durham last June, the place was PACKED, the biggest thing to hit durham in years.
we waited ages for them to come on though. but it was like the Beatles had turned up or something. they just sorta play your average student-y covers, i do remember a rather rowdy rendition of 500 Miles by the Pretenders, he is a lot better than Karl is on the show! but the best bit was Alan's banter:
"now some people ask me who's the best...Susan, Izzy or Sarah? and i always say this...Sarah is the type of girl you'd like to kiss (crowd: ooooh!), Izzy's the type of woman you'd want to sleep with (crowd: boooo!) but Susan? she's the type of woman you'd want to do EVERYTHING with! (crowd: goes insane and cheers for 5mins straight!)"

and he stayed for absolutely ages after the gig to sign stuff and talk to people. what a pro. if you can go see it, do.

Luna
21-10-2005, 18:12
sounds brilliant!!! will have to go see it now

LostVoodoo
21-10-2005, 23:20
found the gig listings
http://www.alanfletcher.net/waitingroom/gigs/uk.html

Carrie Bradshaw
21-10-2005, 23:39
He sounds oike a good laugh. I heard him on radio 1 once, in the live lounge, and I think he adapted a Mcfly song so that it was about him and Izzy - very funny!!

Luna
22-10-2005, 06:44
found the gig listings
http://www.alanfletcher.net/waitingroom/gigs/uk.html

Thanks for the link 20th November he's coming here - no tickets needed - oh cant wait now

LostVoodoo
22-10-2005, 10:54
He sounds oike a good laugh. I heard him on radio 1 once, in the live lounge, and I think he adapted a Mcfly song so that it was about him and Izzy - very funny!!
indeed he did. it was hilarious!

willsmummy
11-11-2005, 18:01
Copr, I quite fancy him! The only think is though, the closest Walkabout is Cardiff, which isn't exactly close. Boo hoo :(